Tonal/Transient Crossover - No Analyser Display?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a dumb question, when using the Tonal/Transient Crossover, there is no analyzer display, neither in Cubase 8.5 nor in Logic 10.3.1, is this by design? I somehow never used this feature before during the Beta so now I'm wondering...

This also counts for the Spectral Crossover function.

Because it has no relevance to how the signal is split.
With the standard crossovers the analyzer shows which frequencies will be in each band. But the spectral crossovers work very differently so the analyzer is useless.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:Because it has no relevance to how the signal is split.
With the standard crossovers the analyzer shows which frequencies will be in each band. But the spectral crossovers work very differently so the analyzer is useless.
Yes, that makes sense.

I noticed this and thought the same. Makes sense that there is nothing to show for spectral and tonal, but I'm pretty sure the Level crossover wasn't showing anything either (in MXXX).

I'll double check this tonight and will report back.

Perhaps a simple level meter in every 'band' showing you the total level going through each 'band' would be a nice visualisation. Or if we're getting really ambitious, a full 20-20000 Hz display in every 'band' (scaled to the band size), continuously updated to showing you which frequency bins are going through which band.

Mad? Perhaps, but I can dream. :harp:

peejay123 wrote:I noticed this and thought the same. Makes sense that there is nothing to show for spectral and tonal, but I'm pretty sure the Level crossover wasn't showing anything either (in MXXX).

I'll double check this tonight and will report back.
IIRC the level crossover needs a multiparameter assigned to it to work. Set up a multiparameter with an envelope follower tracking the audio-in and attach it to the crossover level, then you should get a level meter in the band display that follows the input level, moving through the bands depending on said volume level. This video shows you how to do it (skip to 11.10). Apologies if you already know this and it's just an MXXX issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHdRyb-2vzo

Oh yeah, that explains why I couldn't get it working! Thanks for that.

Return to “MeldaProduction”