if not for the ignorant.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Googly Smythe wrote:
Aloysius wrote:I'd like to know how Giles Martin got the job in the first place. Was there an interview process?
Son of George Martin.
I understand that they had been working together for many years as his father's hearing deteriorated. So it isn't like he got the job just by virtue of having the same last name.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Yeah, they were thinking of giving the gig to George Martins daughter but she wasn't in the recording business. Is this where the thread is going!? :lol:
Come on.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Googly Smythe wrote:
Aloysius wrote:I'd like to know how Giles Martin got the job in the first place. Was there an interview process?
Son of George Martin.
I think he (not Giles) was sarcastic.
But after listening the first 3 new mixes, I think that GM has done great job.
I wasn't very keen on his Cirque du Soleil mixes, but after sitting a couple of 1000 hours with the Beatles tapes, he has really found the quintessence of those recordings.

E.g. LSD vocal sound is really fantastic. (If only the chorus arrangement had been more elaborated by the L&M, the verse is one of the best by the Beatles). :clown:

So, it had nothing to do with nepetism or sexism. Glad we got that straight.

I heard a pre-release mix of one of the tracks. Everything was out of tune. All the vocals and all the instruments. Have they ever had a remix done with Melodyne or Autotune? It might help.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yoddly odle auto-tunnnnnnneeeeeee, chade-ee,

Giles got started with the 1999 Yellow Submarine soundtrack, which really let the songs shine and breathe. I am looking forward to hearing it in front of an old 70's style stereo, a nice glass of red wine, and a healthy spliff. Have to wait for a couple of weeks.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Half speed mastering vinyl is something worth buying.
I don't like the ideology (thats what it is) behind the brexit, but those four guys and the other involved brits really had (have?) the taste and the skill.
Funny man that headmaster, aflutter himself obviously. :hyper:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S4fN3vR7_qE

Hi, I'm a mastering engineer. So ... here I am in my bedroom studio. That pile behind me is my washing.

Dirty washing works well in reducing heat shimmer, so someone on the interwebz said. So it must be true.

Aloysius wrote:
I heard a pre-release mix of one of the tracks. Everything was out of tune. All the vocals and all the instruments. Have they ever had a remix done with Melodyne or Autotune? It might help.
No, it was done at a time when musicians had talent and played their own instruments and didn't have to quantize and autotune everything to death...like most modern music. And the listeners were not quite so sophisticated as today's listener, where everyone is a bedroom producing genius with golden ears and huge skills, so they were able to enjoy it for what it was and not pick it apart.

Out of tune or not, it has sold 5.1 million copies. Got anything to match that? :shrug:

Flies like s*it. It's very popular amongst billions and billions of them but I wouldn't recommend eating it.

As a genius with golden ears, I can tell you that were singing and playing out of tune.

Aloysius wrote: As a genius with golden ears, I can tell you that were singing and playing out of tune.
Thanks for passing that on to me..now ask me how much I care?

Well, you cared enough to tell me that I'm a genius with golden ears. So, I guess you care a little bit?

Aloysius wrote:Well, you cared enough to tell me that I'm a genius with golden ears. So, I guess you care a little bit?
When you can produce something that sells 5.1 million, I'll care.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Well, you cared enough to tell me that I'm a genius with golden ears. So, I guess you care a little bit?
When you can produce something that sells 5.1 million, I'll care.
The music still sucks, I've just listened to the whole thing - great sound though, I WONDER WHY THEY BOTHERED for this piece of mediocrity.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”