Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GeorgeZ wrote:Air Music Tech is at it again. Xpand!2 for $9.95 (more than previous sales, but still, if you want to use it for an upgrade):
http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... 60-Xpand-2

... then, the upgrade to AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 COMPLETE (seems like a good deal, but I'm still on the fence about it... old UI's, some bugs as far as I can tell from previous threads on these, but ye...):
http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... E-UPGRADE-
$52 for the upgrade is a solid no-brainer and I don't use that word lightly. Yes there are some bugs, and there is some weirdness, but it's still a very interesting collection of plugins for that price.

I mostly do ambient stuff these days but Vacuum Pro has become a goto synth for me for these dirty ambient textures. Nothing else sounds quite the same, and I'm not even that impressed with the synth otherwise.

I also find myself using The Riser a lot, and I don't use risers, at all. I think that if I were to compute my value based on cost per rendered minute that this bundle might the best value that I have other than free plugins.

Ryan99 wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:
Rational wrote:So I have to give credit where credit is due sometimes. And Waves has really done well with their sale this month....
But, I'm still not paying $300+ for another DAW. I already own Cubase 8.5(Started at 6 and upgrade EVERY time. Because it's reasonable pricing each year of $50 or $99), Logic Pro X, Studio One 3 Pro, Ableton Live 9 Suite. Probably others I'm forgetting. (Edit: Forgot I own Pro Tools 11 too).

I don't really want to pay another $300 for yet another Daw. I'm interested for up to $150 but no more. Here's to hoping the guy who finally decided to add VST also understands the concept of 'time value of money' and figures out they're leaving money on the table by not making more attractive upgrades from essentials to the full version. Those of us who spent $99 on version 2 which is now useless with no upgrade path are basically penalized for having bought it. They expect a full $69 to get Essentials 9. Thanks... And a full $299 to upgrade to 9 full. (Edit: It's actually $329 to upgrade from essentials) Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth for having supported them with the purchase those years ago...
If your goal is "best bang for your buck" you should NOT be using Cubase, lol. That is by far the most expensive DAW as they indeed charge you $50-$99 every year for decent improvements, but more importantly bug fixes which should have been fixed for free. I purchased Logic X and Cubase 6.5 at the same time, and Logic X has yet to charge me anything for an upgrade, and in addition to consistent bug fixes, it has added so many great features, instruments (like camel audio alchemy) scripting abilities, etc all for FREE. Now that being said, I still feel Cubase is the better daw overall and use it the most as I'm the fastest at it (Love the macros you can assign to key commands, control room, and other features) but it has cost me well over $700 since v6.5 where Logic Pro is still just $199, and still providing new features and free updates on top of what was a solid DAW. So to me, price per value in Logic is much greater than in Cubase, and with the lackluster upgrade in Cubase 9 while charing the full $99 for what seems like a .5 update at best feature wise, cubase 8.5 might be my last Cubase purchase.
I buy .5 upgrades from Cubase when they are on sale and I registered them when it's the grace period for the new version. I paid less than 40$ for the upgrade from Cubase 8 to 8.5 and got Cubase 9 for free after registering within the grace period.
I am planning to do the same lol

ghettosynth wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Air Music Tech is at it again. Xpand!2 for $9.95 (more than previous sales, but still, if you want to use it for an upgrade):
http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... 60-Xpand-2

... then, the upgrade to AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 COMPLETE (seems like a good deal, but I'm still on the fence about it... old UI's, some bugs as far as I can tell from previous threads on these, but ye...):
http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... E-UPGRADE-
$52 for the upgrade is a solid no-brainer and I don't use that word lightly. Yes there are some bugs, and there is some weirdness, but it's still a very interesting collection of plugins for that price.

I mostly do ambient stuff these days but Vacuum Pro has become a goto synth for me for these dirty ambient textures. Nothing else sounds quite the same, and I'm not even that impressed with the synth otherwise.

I also find myself using The Riser a lot, and I don't use risers, at all. I think that if I were to compute my value based on cost per rendered minute that this bundle might the best value that I have other than free plugins.
Since when did I give PluginBoutique permission to host my presets on their site?

http://www.pluginboutique.com/products/ ... y-for-Loom

How's EWQL's Gold woodwinds? I realized after all the holiday sales were over I have a ton of strings, some brass a few flutes, but no real woodwind section. The price is really great at JRR, but I can wait if there's something better out there.

Okay, better but reasonably priced.
Thanks.

Personally love the Diamond version with the mic positions.

The diamond isn't an option in the sale. :(

I found a bunch of not so good comments on the Hollywood woodwinds over on VI Control. I guess the partners weren't getting along during the recording and it shows in some phasing and legato issues, among other things. Sounds like it is mostly fixable though. I may have to get it. Though they have these sales pretty regularly. I can wait and see if something better goes on sale. :?

With my luck, as soon as I buy it they will have some great deal on audioplugins.deals. :dog:

whats the difference between sonarworks systemwide and headphone plugin? if i can only afford one of them which one should i get?

zakufan wrote:whats the difference between sonarworks systemwide and headphone plugin? if i can only afford one of them which one should i get?
System wide is to be able to use their monitor correction software outside your DAW (hence the name) while headphone plugin adjusts your headphones. Between the two the only one that might help your mixes is the headphone correction as it's the only one making adjustments.

I personally did not like the headphone plugin, but love their room correction software (not to be confused with "system wide"). I recommend demoing and seeing which one, if any, help you.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

zakufan wrote:whats the difference between sonarworks systemwide and headphone plugin? if i can only afford one of them which one should i get?
Systemwide had a tendency to behave slightly unexpected. On a Mac it would freeze the audio level of system sounds which became annoying enough for me to disable systemwide by default. The plugin on the other hand works without the slightest glitch, I would suggest to get that one.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

shidostrife wrote:Buy ezdrummer, get TWO EZX free

http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... ts_id=1612

I have a feeling this might appear at other retailers with extra discount. Might wanna hold your horses a bit.
I haven't seen this offer anywhere else. I don't really know Don't Crack that much. Do they often get exclusive sales?
The fact that you have to register EZ drummer 2 first and then you get access to the 2 extra packs puts me off a bit as I can't see exactly what I'm getting before buying.
Did anyone take them up on this offer?

Armadillo wrote:

I have a feeling this might appear at other retailers with extra discount. Might wanna hold your horses a bit.
I haven't seen this offer anywhere else. I don't really know Don't Crack that much. Do they often get exclusive sales?
The fact that you have to register EZ drummer 2 first and then you get access to the 2 extra packs puts me off a bit as I can't see exactly what I'm getting before buying.
I've also never seen exclusive deals with them, which is why I put the note. But it turns it didn't appear elsewhere. Might want to contact toontrack and dontcrack for confirmation.

shidostrife wrote:I've also never seen exclusive deals with them, which is why I put the note. But it turns it didn't appear elsewhere. Might want to contact toontrack and dontcrack for confirmation.
I believe they had exclusive deals from Nomad Factory and Plug & Mix in the past, but I could be wrong.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
shidostrife wrote:I've also never seen exclusive deals with them, which is why I put the note. But it turns it didn't appear elsewhere. Might want to contact toontrack and dontcrack for confirmation.
I believe they had exclusive deals from Nomad Factory and Plug & Mix in the past, but I could be wrong.
They own Nomad Factory and Plug & Mix. I bought from them in the past, been there for many years, totally legit.

Same here. While you're at it, get an account at Don't Crack and look for their PDZ (Private Deals Zone) prices. Those go lowest.

Armadillo wrote:

On a lot of these offers with toontrack, when you register they give you the option to pick any of the EZX packs that you don't own. In this case it would be 2 packs. So you aren't limited to specific packs. If it's true, sounds like a good deal.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”