Studio One 3.5 Released.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Frankly, might as well just switch to Studio One completely now. Always a couple of niggles with Cubase (and things which are more easy in S1), and, they keep you updating (and paying), that's for sure. Sure, you don't NEED to update, but, hey, with a new version announced, who doesn't? :hihi:

aMUSEd wrote:How have they done this low latency thing?
When I play with the settings and see how it works, especially with audio plugins, it looks to me like they're doing much the same thing ASIO DM does except fully in software, to take a monitored input and pipe it (nearly) directly to an output. It works the same way as their hardware Z monitoring, except it's all in software. If you look at the performance monitor details you'll see the new monitor path appear there whenever you monitor a track in Z mode.

Pyramix Masscore does something like that but they literally take over cores from the OS to do that, to get better latency by talking directly to the CPU and bypassing the OS. No idea if S1 is doing that or not but if anyone noticed, the check boxes for multicores in audio setup are gone now.
MassCore technology “hides” one or more cores in a multiple CPU computer and then creates a “pipe” directly between the software and those hidden cores to essentially create an Intel-powered DSP based system. By doing this, the user can enjoy all the power that an Intel CPU core(s) holds (which is a HUGE amount) and does not add any additional latencies as it effectively removes the need for any requests to be made of the operating system with regards to real-time calculations. [1.33ms round trip]

I'm using some amp sims and a cab impulse loader in S1 3.5.

I was not having this issue prior to 3.5.

I'm having an issue where certain parameters on the amp sims are only affecting one side (meaning: one channel, left or right) and the impulse loader (from a separate developer) has an issue where an impulse change will only affect one channel. I can change impulses, but it seems like the originally loaded impulse stays on one channel, unaffected, while the other channel gets the impulse that I'm actually trying to change to.

The amp sims in question for Kazrog's Thermionik plugins and the cab impulse loader is 3 Sigma Audio's Impulsive.

I reported this problem on Presonus' forum so hopefully I can get to a solution for this.

aMUSEd wrote:Haven't had any crashes on startup but then I disabled VST support a long time ago - just use AU and VST3, on Mac these are more stable in S1 and between them I have all my plugins covered anyway.
I totally agree only VSTs are crashed Studio one on my Mac.

SLiC wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:How have they done this low latency thing? I'm getting down to 32 samples and running plugins like Pianoteq with no glitching, even with a RME interface in S1 that was not possible before on my system. .
Yup- I cant help but feel if Steinberg (or many others) had done this first we would have had a month of teasers about 'revolution' in the VST world and a major paid update!

Kudos to Presonus for such a low key launch of a big deal...I really hope S13 gets the credit it deserves now :clap:
Just for information. Studio One is actually the last "major" DAW to implement this kind of feature. Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, Reaper and Digital Performer have had a similar solution for quite some time. That's why many on the forums has pointed out that Studio One was a CPU hog. :dog:

This is the "hello, fellow kids" of DAWs.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

SLiC wrote:
Yup- I cant help but feel if Steinberg (or many others) had done this first we would have had a month of teasers about 'revolution' in the VST world and a major paid update!

Kudos to Presonus for such a low key launch of a big deal...I really hope S13 gets the credit it deserves now :clap:
Oops epic fanboy fail, in Logic since forever and Cubase since V8 amongst many others.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

SLiC wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:How have they done this low latency thing? I'm getting down to 32 samples and running plugins like Pianoteq with no glitching, even with a RME interface in S1 that was not possible before on my system. .

Low key launch? Presonus teased this for a couple weeks now. Maybe you're just not as 'in' on the social media loop, but they definitely teased this in an annoyingly ambiguous way.

Also, Cubase got a similar feature back in Cubase 7, and it was improved in V8.

woodsdenis wrote:
SLiC wrote:

Oops epic fanboy fail, in Logic since forever and Cubase since V8 amongst many others.
I'm hardly a S1 fanboy, aside from being 50 I also use Bitwig 2.1 (primarily as it happens cv to my modular). Live 9 with silent way and used cubase from version 1 (VST studio!) to version 8.5... S1 replaced Cubase for me and personally I much prefer it and love the free .5 updates (especially after Cubase) so if that makes me a fan, so be it :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Robert Randolph wrote:
SLiC wrote:

Low key launch? Presonus teased this for a couple weeks now. Maybe you're just not as 'in' on the social media loop, but they definitely teased this in an annoyingly ambiguous way.

Also, Cubase got a similar feature back in Cubase 7, and it was improved in V8.
I am obviously not in any loop, I don't have Facebook, twitter or any other social media - if it's not here, gearslutz or muff wiggler I am clueless- came out of the blue for me, wasn't expecting anything so obviously very pleased to get so much for free.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I want to give an update on my issues earlier:

The issue I outlined in the earlier post, I managed to remedy it. Firstly, I had to turn off low latency instrument monitoring. That was actually causing some issues for me. It also decreased my ASIO performance.

I also had some crashing, this seemed to be helped by turning off, again, low latency instrument monitoring. Also, I found that a certain VST3 plugin was causing all of my crashing. Upon replacing that with the VST2 version, boom, no more crashes.

xphen0m wrote:I'm using some amp sims and a cab impulse loader in S1 3.5.

I was not having this issue prior to 3.5.

I'm having an issue where certain parameters on the amp sims are only affecting one side (meaning: one channel, left or right) and the impulse loader (from a separate developer) has an issue where an impulse change will only affect one channel. I can change impulses, but it seems like the originally loaded impulse stays on one channel, unaffected, while the other channel gets the impulse that I'm actually trying to change to.

The amp sims in question for Kazrog's Thermionik plugins and the cab impulse loader is 3 Sigma Audio's Impulsive.

I reported this problem on Presonus' forum so hopefully I can get to a solution for this.
I own all the Kazrog stuff, but I don't usually use any of it, I just fired up S1 and loaded up some thermionic amps with mixIR2 and some Redwirez impulses and all seem to work fine, no issues that I could find.
Say NO to CLAP!

SLiC wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
SLiC wrote:

I'm hardly a S1 fanboy, aside from being 50 I also use Bitwig 2.1 (primarily as it happens cv to my modular). Live 9 with silent way and used cubase from version 1 (VST studio!) to version 8.5... S1 replaced Cubase for me and personally I much prefer it and love the free .5 updates (especially after Cubase) so if that makes me a fan, so be it :tu:
If you have Cubase V8 then you should know that this feature is in it, they made a huge deal about asio guard. Nothing wrong with praising Presonus for this update which is significant and free , kudos to them, I am using the demo and it seems stable finally.
Unfortunately taking a snipe incorrectly at a competitor is where you came undone, maybe a bit more research next time.
Enough of this and let the thread be about S1 which finally is a working DAW IMHO of course.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

It always worked here. :shrug:

"CPU optimization was totally fine but we fixed it for you guys anyway!"

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”