Studio One 3.5 Released.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

It seems that the only event fx available is Melodyne.
Am I overlooking something?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:It's got event fx:

http://www.studio-one.expert/studio-one ... r-event-fx
Thanks.
How could I forget!

I thought i'd download Studio One 3.5 Pro and give it a demo as I've been hearing such amazing things.
I cannot even open it on Mac Sierra, it crashes within seconds of start up. I don't have any problems with Ableton Live, Bitwig, Reaper or Logic but for some reason this just crashes almost immediately, every time... Any ideas?

simmo75 wrote:I thought i'd download Studio One 3.5 Pro and give it a demo as I've been hearing such amazing things.
I cannot even open it on Mac Sierra, it crashes within seconds of start up. I don't have any problems with Ableton Live, Bitwig, Reaper or Logic but for some reason this just crashes almost immediately, every time... Any ideas?
Check your report and find out which plugin causing the crash. At least mac will report what causing that.

Bereket wrote:
simmo75 wrote:I thought i'd download Studio One 3.5 Pro and give it a demo as I've been hearing such amazing things.
Check your report and find out which plugin causing the crash. At least mac will report what causing that.
Thanks, i just checked it and it's Diva.vst3...

EDIT: its crashing on every other plugin i own now in the vst2's.. Weird!
What a ball ache, it's obviously an issue with S1 3.5 so i'll pass, just not worth the time.

woodsdenis wrote:
SLiC wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:
SLiC wrote:
Yup- I cant help but feel if Steinberg (or many others) had done this first we would have had a month of teasers about 'revolution' in the VST world and a major paid update!

Kudos to Presonus for such a low key launch of a big deal...I really hope S13 gets the credit it deserves now :clap:
Oops epic fanboy fail, in Logic since forever and Cubase since V8 amongst many others.
I'm hardly a S1 fanboy, aside from being 50 I also use Bitwig 2.1 (primarily as it happens cv to my modular). Live 9 with silent way and used cubase from version 1 (VST studio!) to version 8.5... S1 replaced Cubase for me and personally I much prefer it and love the free .5 updates (especially after Cubase) so if that makes me a fan, so be it :tu:
If you have Cubase V8 then you should know that this feature is in it, they made a huge deal about asio guard. Nothing wrong with praising Presonus for this update which is significant and free , kudos to them, I am using the demo and it seems stable finally.
Unfortunately taking a snipe incorrectly at a competitor is where you came undone, maybe a bit more research next time.
Enough of this and let the thread be about S1 which finally is a working DAW IMHO of course.
Asio guard never worked for me (in fact it made things worse), As I said, I have used Cubase since it came out (acrtuly since pro24) so I would have consider myself an experienced user, if you spend some time with S1 you will see the implementation with respect to the zero latency monitoring is different, and more importantly (for me) it worked.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

simmo75 wrote: EDIT: its crashing on every other plugin i own now in the vst2's.. Weird!
What a ball ache, it's obviously an issue with S1 3.5 so i'll pass, just not worth the time.
Common denominator, your system.

I've noticed this, if I set it to a really low latency and dropout protection to high or maximum, you can get really low latency on track that you are playing, but it will tend to overload your cpu after recording. To stop that you have to turn off monitoring on that track and you'll see the cpu load dropping a lot!

PS. I'm talking about instrument monitoring, if you have it active in options.

Just to share my impression of v3.5.
I have been bashing Studio One for it's bad CPU performance. Because I bought S1 a long time ago but the bad CPU performance has stopped me from being able to use it. I mainly compose all ITB with VSTi and guitar amp sims so maintaining small buffers for low latency tracking is crucial.

So, now I started to record a new song in S1 to see how it performce.
First impression is amazing. Did not have to much going on simultainiously ,one Superior Drummer drum track, Bass track with Amplitube, one electric guitar track with S-Gear and another acoustic guitar track with just VVV as an effect and finally a vocal track with one send to VVV. Playing these tracks showed CPU usage of only 4%, with the playback processing buffer set to high.
Compared with how S1 worked before v3.5 this is a massive improvement. This was ofcourse expected because it is the same as bumping up the buffers way high but, I was sceptical if they had managed to implement it well.
I got to say that S1 hybrid buffer implementation seems to work really great!
Just to mention my DAW has an Intel 7700k cpu.
Seems to work better than Cubase Asio guard wich can behave kind of strange sometimes.

Going forward I'll use S1 as my main DAW and I really hope the positive impression lasts. I have not used 3.5v to much yet but it has been 100% stable until now. Looking really good :tu:

gas pump wrote:
simmo75 wrote: EDIT: its crashing on every other plugin i own now in the vst2's.. Weird!
The other DAWs on my system work just fine, not a single crash whilst scanning. So I'm not buying it's my system. Thanks though.

simmo75 wrote:
gas pump wrote:
The other DAWs on my system work just fine, not a single crash whilst scanning. So I'm not buying it's my system. Thanks though.
Well the plugins work on other peoples' system, so it's simply a math problem.

gas pump wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
gas pump wrote:
Well the plugins work on other peoples' system, so it's simply a math problem.
Thanks Gas face, you're a genius!

Just reading your other comments and surprise... you're a troll.

How would it not be your system though, if others don't have the problem? Pretty sure it's Mac exclusive too, because, so far, only peeps with a Mac have reported an issue with plugin scanning.

chk071 wrote:How would it not be your system though, if others don't have the problem? Pretty sure it's Mac exclusive too, because, so far, only peeps with a Mac have reported an issue with plugin scanning.
Maybe it's a mac issue, it's odd that my other DAWs are fine though. I'll just leave it. I'm happy with my system anyway & was just intrigued as I've read such positive reports but it must be mostly Windows users.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”