Dub Machines

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dub Machines (Max for Live)

Valery,

We've tested thoroughly with Max 7 and there are no issues.

Thank you!
CU
VK

Hey everyone, we just wanted to let you know that Dub Machines (max for live) has been added to the Kvr database.
Cheers!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to announce here that the delays have been combed over for more than 2 years and refined with higher quality, lower CPU, LOTS of new features (in the case of Modnetic) and... released as VST / AU plugins.

Modnetic is really the star of the show, so I suggest trying the free demo, but to make this fair to all those who already bought the max version, Diffuse is complete free until June 8th.

Check it out here:
https://www.surrealmachines.com/
(Also in the KVR database waiting reviews ;) )

hi soma!

love the "licensed to" ;]
...and these plugs!
I've owned the M4L versions since they came out. Astounding.
Besides lower CPU usuage, does Modnetic sport anything that Magnetic (M4L) does not?

I just tried out Diffuse today, fantastic. Would you recommend the AU/VST versions over the M4L versions?

soma wrote:Hey guys,

Just wanted to announce here that the delays have been combed over for more than 2 years and refined with higher quality, lower CPU, LOTS of new features (in the case of Modnetic) and... released as VST / AU plugins.

Modnetic is really the star of the show, so I suggest trying the free demo, but to make this fair to all those who already bought the max version, Diffuse is complete free until June 8th.

Check it out here:
https://www.surrealmachines.com/
(Also in the KVR database waiting reviews ;) )
How do you get them that large, they are much smaller on my system? (Just a standard HD 1080p display, not retina). Wish they were that big.

soma wrote: Modnetic is really the star of the show, so I suggest trying the free demo, but to make this fair to all those who already bought the max version, Diffuse is complete free until June 8th.
Diffuse is free for everyone; max customers pay the same for modnetic as everyone else.

It's almost like max customers funded the vst development. :?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

aMUSEd wrote:
How do you get them that large, they are much smaller on my system? (Just a standard HD 1080p display, not retina). Wish they were that big.
Was about to ask same question. Looking at these screenshots they appear to share much bigger interface in public while in my host interface is so small i have hard time to look at it.

Soma?

Btw this is one of the best tape delay out there (that's my imo of course) and people should check it at least (i mean demo). I especially liked thing from Magnetic which found a way into Modnetic which is Beat Repeat feature. You can add your own value then press left or right and it will decrease or increase timing in musical way.

Intensity and long feedback + self oscillation is absolutely best i ever heard in a plugin. Godsend for ambient stuff.

mcnelson wrote:
soma wrote: Modnetic is really the star of the show, so I suggest trying the free demo, but to make this fair to all those who already bought the max version, Diffuse is complete free until June 8th.
Diffuse is free for everyone; max customers pay the same for modnetic as everyone else.

They have no way of knowing who bought the Max version and who didn't because it was handled by the Ableton store, so this is the fairest idea they could come up with to make up for it. I'm happy with this as someone who already does own the Max versions.

aMUSEd wrote:
mcnelson wrote:

They have no way of knowing who bought the Max version and who didn't because it was handled by the Ableton store, so this is the fairest idea they could come up with to make up for it. I'm happy with this as someone who already does own the Max versions.
Sure; I have both Ableton packs by Surreal machines; Ableton knows I own these packs, the serials are registered to my Ableton account; the information is available in some form.

Ultimately, I'm not going to re-buy VST versions of their plugins at full price when I own the Max versions, and I'm not going to buy new Max plugins if there's any danger they're going to come out as VST versions later that I'd need to re-buy at full price. Maybe they wont bother with Max anymore, who knows? Just seems like a self-defeating marketing strategy.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

mcnelson wrote: the information is available in some form.
... to Ableton. Would users be happy if Ableton were to hand out this information willy-nilly?

i bought the rewritten ones. Diffuse is offered for free as compensation for the crossgraders. Also the Max versions were pretty inexpensive, right? $30-40 or so. i'm happy i did. Modnetica's new features are worth it and the deva have spent a lot of time in development and should be compensated. that's my thinking, in any case. The plugin is great and sounds great, has new features and a lot of really sharp presets (which has become a rarity for some reason)... worth it in every way. And do get the free Diffuse plugin, everyone-- it is very nice.

1wob2many wrote:
... to Ableton. Would users be happy if Ableton were to hand out this information willy-nilly?
Who said anything about willy-nilly? Surreal Machines obviously enter into a commercial agreement with Ableton when offering their packs for sale via the Ableton store. Why would Ableton keep this information from Surreal Machines?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

mcnelson wrote:
1wob2many wrote:
Who said anything about willy-nilly? Surreal Machines obviously enter into a commercial agreement with Ableton when offering their packs for sale via the Ableton store. Why would Ableton keep this information from Surreal Machines?

Commercial agreements that we are not privy to details of, but are most likely based on an exchange of money per number of units sold.

User data should not be assumed to be included in such an agreement, because if it's a decent enough of a company, then they (Ableton) won't just hand over user data without user permission, which is what wob2many means by "willy-nilly."

Whether the reasons are legal, or just ethical, this is just what it is.

Return to “Effects”