Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Elektronisch wrote: oscillator
ˈɒsɪleɪtə/Submit
noun
a device for generating oscillatory electric currents or voltages by non-mechanical means
In the end, even rompler is generating oscillatory electric currents in the speakers, so You don't have a point here :P :hihi:

"Digital oscillator" can use a table of values (eg. samples) and it still will be an oscillator. IMHO :)
You can't change the tables? Well, You cannot change the base wave of an crystal oscillator either...

Kumi_27 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote: oscillator
ˈɒsɪleɪtə/Submit
noun
a device for generating oscillatory electric currents or voltages by non-mechanical means
In the end, even rompler is generating oscillatory electric currents in the speakers, so You don't have a point here :P :hihi:

"Digital oscillator" can use a table of values (eg. samples) and it still will be an oscillator. IMHO :)
You can't change the tables? Well, You cannot change the base wave of an crystal oscillator either...
You can change? What do you think is wave selector for or shape? Do you have any idea what are you talking about? Because it seems you dont.

And no rompler is playing back sample set. Not a single or more cycles wavetable. Audio file. Like you playback a music.

Ghetto, you claimed it was a "basic rompler". Over here in pedant's corner (of course this discussion was always going to go here), I'd call it an enhanced rompler. BTW, Wag, yes Nexus has a filter. Syntronik looks considerably more advanced though, and here's an essential difference.

With Nexus, you always start with a preset and tweak. With Syntronik, it sounds like it's possible to work with it as a regular synth - to start with a simple oscillator (or presumably stuff like PWM or multiple oscillators) and build a unique patch from there. I imagine you'll have a patch browser and also a source / oscillator browser. Ok, it's pretty limited in what you can do in terms of manipulation, but it's quite different from the Nexus workflow in that regard.

For me, I don't think I'm in even though it's cheap as chips for the intro crossgrade price. Sonically so far I'm not too thrilled, and it covers ground I have covered every which way. Also, the 50gb is a real minus when it's just for old synth samples - on the laptop that's a pain. V Collection takes up a fraction of the space, and even that's big compared to u-he etc which are tiny. I'm just juuust interested enough to watch a proper walkthrough when it comes though though.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:With Syntronik, it sounds like it's possible to work with it as a regular synth - to start with a simple oscillator (or presumably stuff like PWM or multiple oscillators) and build a unique patch from there. I imagine you'll have a patch browser and also a source / oscillator browser. Ok, it's pretty limited in what you can do in terms of manipulation, but it's quite different from the Nexus workflow in that regard.
YOU CANT, thats the thing. Check the screens of this instrument. YOU CANT :)

Sorry for Caps. But again. YOU CANT DO THAT :D Unless there is some secret not shown edit page maybe then you can.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/

noiseboyuk wrote:Ghetto, you claimed it was a "basic rompler". Over here in pedant's corner (of course this discussion was always going to go here), I'd call it an enhanced rompler.
Call it whatever you want, it's still a rompler.

As I said, the filters are a nice enhancement for this kind of product, however, the synth engine is far too basic to do very much that isn't already in the samples.

How much more effective it is than say Kontakt is going to be a function of how well those filters are implemented. Kontakt has a multitude of filters, they are just not particularly current.

I think that it does a disservice to dwell on this. The product has a market, that market is going to be ok with using a rompler.

Your DAW is basically a giant rompler, get over it. :clap:

i think some people getting butthurt when hear rompler and say its "still a synth" or "I THINK you can choose the oscillator" its because they have pre-ordered and now thinking "dang ik said its a hybrid synthesizer but its not, well i will pretend it is" :D
Last edited by Elektronisch on Sat May 27, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

gas pump wrote:Your DAW is basically a giant rompler, get over it. :clap:
If that makes you feel good, but I don't see it that way. I don't even really think that I need to explain it to you.

ghettosynth wrote:
gas pump wrote:Your DAW is basically a giant rompler, get over it. :clap:
If that makes you feel good, but I don't see it that way. I don't even really think that I need to explain it to you.
Triggered. :x

Elektronisch wrote:i think some people getting butthurt when hear rompler and say its "still a synth" or "I THINK you can choose the oscillator" its because they have pre-ordered and now thinking "dang ik said its a hybrid synthesizer but its not, well i will pretend it is" :D
A great musician/producer can make great music with an Amiga and a tracker, get over it.

Elektronisch wrote:i think some people getting butthurt when hear rompler and say its "still a synth" or "I THINK you can choose the oscillator" its because they have pre-ordered and now thinking "dang ik said its a hybrid synthesizer but its not, well i will pretend it is" :D
Hybrid synthesizer might be a little markety, but, no vendor uses the word rompler to describe a synthesizer, even when that's what it is. UVI largely sells romplers, but they don't call them that.

ghettosynth wrote:
Hybrid synthesizer might be a little markety, but, no vendor uses the word rompler to describe a synthesizer, even when that's what it is. UVI largely sells romplers, but they don't call them that.
That would make MPCs romplers too, get over it already.

gas pump wrote:
A great musician/producer can make great music with an Amiga and a tracker, get over it.
So? It doesnt even make any sense what you said. Its not even the point here.

Elektronisch wrote:
gas pump wrote:
So? It doesnt even make any sense what you said. Its not even the point here.
The point is you're debating nonsense to begin with.

gas pump wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
That would make MPCs romplers too, get over it already.
MPCs are samplers, seriously, this difference is fundamental. Stop telling everyone to get over something that you don't really understand. It's just a label and it's a label that applies here and doesn't apply in other places. It seems that you need to get over the fact that it's a rompler and just because you incorrectly think that makes other non-rompler things romplers, isn't going to change the fact that it's a rompler.

Return to “Instruments”