Tokyo Dawn Records rereleases OD DeEdger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OD DeEdger

Well it doesn't do too much on the songs I tested it with. I too got similar results with de-essing and/or dynamic eq/comp. I don't think it is that revolutionary to sell it for 100 bucks. The 50 would have been more fair but I think this plugin has a too narrow audience. I felt disapointed from TDR.

I use Waves Triple D for that kind of stuff:

http://www.waves.com/plugins/manny-marr ... d-tutorial

MirkoVanHauten wrote:Well it doesn't do too much on the songs I tested it with. I too got similar results with de-essing and/or dynamic eq/comp.
Try it on really harsh transient heavy drums. It takes the (please excuse this characterization) "sting"/"bite" out of the drums without messing with the frequencies of the mix. Though it is, admittedly, subtle.

Have you watched the official presentation video, spoken by Dan Worrall?

MirkoVanHauten wrote:I don't think it is that revolutionary to sell it for 100 bucks. The 50 would have been more fair but I think this plugin has a too narrow audience.
Read my last post on the price - and regarding the "audience":
once more, it's made for mastering, not necessarily on-each-channel abuse. (see: beating the dead horse)

MirkoVanHauten wrote:I felt disapointed from TDR.
It is first and foremost an Ohlhorst Digital product, which happens to be sold via TDR for the time being. Hence the OD branding, and not the TDL branding. Complaints therefore go to Jan Ohlhorst.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

hi, i'm jan who developed DeEdger.
first, thanks for all you comments (whether positive or negative).

as others already pointed out, the 50€ price was a mistake that happend at the release - sorry for the confusion. it was never intended to sell for that mentioned price esp. considering the development time & effort that went into it. it GUI may seem very simple, thats because it *is* simple - by design. it would have been much more easier for me to just show all 30 parameters that are running in the background & let the user decide what to do. but quite a decent amount of time was spent to find all sweet spots & pack them down to a handful parameters. you could imagine, that this is not a trivial task.
MirkoVanHauten wrote:Well it doesn't do too much on the songs I tested it with. I too got similar results with de-essing and/or dynamic eq/comp. I don't think it is that revolutionary to sell it for 100 bucks. The 50 would have been more fair but I think this plugin has a too narrow audience. I felt disapointed from TDR.
i'm fully aware that DeEdger is not for everyone. its designed for professional mastering & mixing engineers. i think DeEdger is reasonably priced with respect to what it does & how it does it. i for myself would have easily paid 300€ some years ago for such a product. that would have been *much* cheaper than developing it from scratch. but if you feel different, please blame me and not fabien & vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs, since i decide the price for my products myself, so they are not responsible for that at all.

Stanoli wrote:I use Waves Triple D for that kind of stuff:

http://www.waves.com/plugins/manny-marr ... d-tutorial
That isn't quite the same kind of processor although it can go some way to addressing similar problems I guess. Triple D also has issues in that it causes phase shift at crossover points.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Someone can explain to me , the difference between demo and full version ? same sound ?

Thank you

garfield78 wrote:Someone can explain to me , the difference between demo and full version ? same sound ?

Thank you
Same sound. Full version recalls settings. Demo doesn't.

So, if this is mainly used for mastering, then there's no need to recall settings. Once a song is mastered, it should be completely finished.

Until the client comes back because they've lost the mastered files four years later and wants a recall...

The plugin only has a few knobs, just take a screenshot and keep that to 'recall' ;)

If it's being used in a professional mastering studio, the plugin should ofcourse be purchased. But for a hobbyist like myself I don't see the point, the demo will do just fine.

Reefius wrote:The plugin only has a few knobs, just take a screenshot and keep that to 'recall' ;)

If it's being used in a professional mastering studio, the plugin should ofcourse be purchased. But for a hobbyist like myself I don't see the point, the demo will do just fine.
Have to agree. It's sure interesting but beeing a part of the average (rest of us) i can't justify to pay 100€ for "a high specific pro mastering plugin" howsoever.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So the launch price was reasonable - then it doubled instantly and the only explaination is that oh whoops, well you guys are just too amateur for this professional tool that would be worth thousands of dollars to the right corksniffer - guess that ain't you, cheapo hobbyists. Wake me up when Dave Pensado wants to make a video.

And then after the fully commissioned video Dave Pensado goes right back to using Rennaisance EQ.

The pretense is immense :lol: Way to win fans.

Have we gotten to the point where $100 is too much for a plugin on KVR? If you don't like it, don't buy it, but don't pretend it's some exorbitant price that only pr0 studi0s can justify

MogwaiBoy wrote:So the launch price was reasonable - then it doubled instantly and the only explaination is that oh whoops, well you guys are just too amateur for this professional tool that would be worth thousands of dollars to the right corksniffer - guess that ain't you, cheapo hobbyists. Wake me up when Dave Pensado wants to make a video.

And then after the fully commissioned video Dave Pensado goes right back to using Rennaisance EQ.

The pretense is immense :lol: Way to win fans.

:lol:

The announcement with the sudden price increase is laughable. Sorry where was the professionalism again? Went all into the DSP code probably? :lol:

I don't think TDR did themselve a favour with this.. ..especially TDR. Absurd.. Just sayin'.. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Effects”