Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva Mini V4 Minimonsta Monark The Legend

bibz1st wrote:Also don't forget, Urs has said that he is 'training' his team how to create synths (don't think it was worded quite like that but same difference) so in time progress may be quicker.
I'm quite optimistic that way ;-)

(much of Repro-1' code is the work of our youngsters, I just did the core filters and set the guidelines for most features, Repro-5 will have a good deal of Sascha in it... I might not have to get too involved in further emulations, being focussed on Z3, but... as I wrote elsewhere... I just did a circuit-level SEM-style filter for Z3... so...)

Urs wrote:being focussed on Z3, but... as I wrote elsewhere... I just did a circuit-level SEM-style filter for Z3... so...
...a SEM-style filter.....modeled at circuit-level.......in Zebra 3..........AWESOME!
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:
Urs wrote:being focussed on Z3, but... as I wrote elsewhere... I just did a circuit-level SEM-style filter for Z3... so...
...a SEM-style filter.....modeled at circuit-level.......in Zebra 3..........AWESOME!
Well, it admittedly is a very common filter... I just try to get the most out of it... which is not necessarily a perfect emulation... :oops:

To get back to topic, how does Xhun Audio's LittleOne compare to those emulations in terms of sound? (I know it is not a MiniMoog emulation as such...)

Urs wrote:(much of Repro-1' code is the work of our youngsters, I just did the core filters and set the guidelines for most features, Repro-5 will have a good deal of Sascha in it...)
Urs clone army :borg:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poly should be no problem for a SEM-type synth since it's a two-pole (12dB) design usually requiring far less CPU.

As far as we are concerned, I doubt we'll make any VA in the future that is not polyphonic. The only possible exception could be a 202/303-type synth with an onboard sequencer where polyphony doesn't add anything useful.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Would it excessively bring up CPU usage, if you recreated one filter and envelope per voice? Probably yes, but, thought i'd aks anyway. :)

What's the difference to "normal" polyphonic synths with oscillators, filters and envelopes per voice?

I don't know. What would be examples of those? I always thought the typical 3 OSC synths had, sort of, everything routed in the main filter, and not "per voice". Maybe i misunderstand "per voice" though.

Thinking about it, i might confuse oscillator with voice though. I guess the typical VA synth always has the filter per voice. Right?

chk071 wrote:Thinking about it, i might confuse oscillator with voice though. I guess the typical VA synth always has the filter per voice. Right?
Yep. A typical voice is VCOs->VCF->VCA + LFOs/Envs.

Alright. :) No problem doing that in software then, i guess.

chk071 wrote:I don't know. What would be examples of those? I always thought the typical 3 OSC synths had, sort of, everything routed in the main filter, and not "per voice". Maybe i misunderstand "per voice" though.

Thinking about it, i might confuse oscillator with voice though. I guess the typical VA synth always has the filter per voice. Right?
Since most envelopes are per voice, yes. So each voice/note envelope get it´s own filter then you could say.
Also software is still far behind that with MPE and polyphonic LFO´s, MSEGs and so on.

Return to “Instruments”