Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by nicksohn on Sun May 28, 2017 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Why did u need to touch the registry?
U shouldn't have to.
Native Access does the authorisation etc.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Last edited by nicksohn on Sun May 28, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The libraries tab is not designed for non-Kontakt player libraries.
The method to add non-Kontakt player libraries to the libraries tab is a hack, and is not supported by NI.
The method no longer works because NI have finally closed the loophole in the latest update.

Guess you don't understand this situation... :roll:
Last edited by Ben H on Sun May 28, 2017 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Yes but then you still don't need regedit, you have to use indeed load them manually in the Files tab each time, or add them to quick load.

edit: just saw Ben's post, oh it was a hack..ahhh..

rsp
sound sculptist

Bye Bye hackers :)
Last year I also tried similar method to add "anything" to the library tab with custom pictures,
then I realized there's the quickload menu, where I can create my links to my instruments.
The quickload is the official way for those libs that aren't in the lib tab.

nicksohn wrote: Just load them up manually in Files tab, not in Library tab, each time?
No - use the Quickload Browser - that's what it's for.

nicksohn wrote:The solution was for old kontatk libraries. and not illegal.
It is gray area illegal, as you're modifying the way application is supposed to work, which is against NI's EULA.

Where is that sentence in ni's eula?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/c ... agreement/

Under III. Scope of use:

"Licensee is not entitled to copy or have copied, decompile or have decompiled, reverse engineer or have reverse engineered the Product or parts thereof."

"5. Licensee is not authorized to modify the software, unless it is to preserve or restore the agreed functions of the software purchased."

Hacking your own libraries into Libraries tab is not considered "preserving or restoring the agreed functions of the software purchased", because those libraries were never intended to be in the Libraries tab in the first place. Also, figuring out how this all works via registry entries can be considered reverse engineering in part.

Then Why you did this?

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... age.91177/

you said,
'The registry hack is NOT dangerous at ALL. I have sorted out my libraries with no issues whatsoever. It's a great thing to have, even as a hack.'

I didn't say it was dangerous to do it - you won't crash your system or Kontakt by doing it. By "sorting out my libraries" I was referring to reordering my Kontakt Player libraries faster than via mouse dragging - I never added any non-Kontakt Player libraries to my Libraries tab (especially because it CAN create issues with legitimate Kontakt Player libraries - which is why I recommend everyone NOT to mess with the registry and NICNT files in the first place).

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”