RIP Gregg Allman

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just saw that as well, Gregg was instrumental in the creation a lot of funky, soulful, spacy, transcendent music. RIP

wow, just 69 :(
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:(

Thanks for the memories.

Gregg and Duane Allman were a big part of my early rock musical life. I was a fan up to and including 'Eat a Peach'.
I saw them live more times then I can remember, including Duane Allman, since they toured the east coast quite a bit.

I didn't know the band myself, but a few of my friends would hang with them when they were in town. I was told they were very nice people, and knowing those friends, very tolerant.

It brings me to a fond memory of one concert. I was high on acid, as I frequently was at Spectrum concerts. I was seated with a stereo cassette recorder on my lap and on top of that a large cup of soda. Me not thinking, hits the cassette eject button and the soda catapults from the cassette door onto the lap of the guy sitting next to me! I turned to look at him in shock and saw that his other neighbor was wrestling with a spider monkey screaming in terror while the Allman Bros played at their expected high volume. I felt real bad for that guy next to me and that monkey show. What a trip.

What a talent...thank you Gregg Allman.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

getting old is starting to get to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rQWh62VUHE

Sorry to hear this. What a soulful singer he was - the live version of One Way Out comes to mind. Great stuff. Ain't it the truth - nobody gets out alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUyEGibFnZk
Last edited by egbert on Sun May 28, 2017 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? Goddammit. RIP, and thanks for the amazing music.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

jancivil wrote:getting old is starting to get to me
I was thinking similar yesterday, until recently I never though of this angle of aging. Surviving the years means being faced with a lot of loss, it's not as easy as it looked :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
I was thinking similar yesterday, until recently I never though of this angle of aging. Surviving the years means being faced with a lot of loss, it's not as easy as it looked :?
:shrug:

May he RiP

Hink wrote:
I'm 7 yrs Gregg Allmans's junior, but of course I haven't put on the mileage Gregg did over his lifetime, so I'm fortunate that way. Nevertheless, it has become very apparent, sitting on my ass for yrs has taken it's toll. Now, at my present age, I must begin to build up muscles I lost in order to take care of myself in a physical way. I strained/sprained my upper back 3 weeks ago because of shear muscular weakness in places you don't know you have. Now I am going to physical therapy for a few weeks so I can get up to a level where I can start exercising in a standard gym.
Age will get you when your not looking. It's insidious. When you didn't realize you were on the edge, something will come along and push you off.

I looked great just a couple years ago but I'm clearly on my way out. I'll be surprised to make 69. I'm 61 today.
I had excellent physical therapy in Skilled Nursing last year. I was fairly athletic, it's not that, it's neurological issues, diabetes.

jancivil wrote:I looked great just a couple years ago but I'm clearly on my way out. I'll be surprised to make 69. I'm 61 today.
I had excellent physical therapy in Skilled Nursing last year. I was fairly athletic, it's not that, it's neurological issues, diabetes.
happy b-day :party:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”