Slam Dawg: Bug?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just filed a support request but curious...

I was having a go with this plugin tonight and it sounds good on drums (the only thing I tried it on so far) but I can't use the plugin as it is because it's not catching the first peak when I hit play in Fl Studio 12 (64 bit).

Anyone else having this issue?

https://ibb.co/kbJYha
Play it by ear

I was thinking "Have you checked the attack speed?" but then I remembered this plugin only has silly controls like "Heat", "Pop" and "Airzz" - sorry, no idea :D

Ok, I observed the same behavior, the pop setting is responsible
here it seems. Try turning it off. Of course, thats not going to
help if indeed, you want it to pop.

Anyway, I got it for free and have never really used it for anything,
you see where I'm going with that...

-Cheers

MogwaiBoy wrote:I was thinking "Have you checked the attack speed?" but then I remembered this plugin only has silly controls like "Heat", "Pop" and "Airzz" - sorry, no idea :D
:D

"Dude, set Heat to 4 or 5 and please reduce some Airzz, it´s a bit too much for this mix"

I like to stay open minded in terms of the tools that I use ;) If it sounds good on something, it sounds good.

Thank you for confirming the bug. The bug is what makes this plugin unusable to me. I got Slam Dawg for free and never messed around with it until now. The Pro version demo does not have this bug (probably because that version has some latency, which allows it to catch that 1st peak), but I am not interested in the pro version. Anyway, thanks for confirming.
Play it by ear

I just meant I'm not going to bother them about a bug for something I got for free.
It sounds surprisingly good, just not my thing. I like parameters, the more abundant
and technical the better, for me. No doubt, I have had some difficulty exploring it
seriously, due to its non-technical orientation, also having the words "Slam Dawg"
for a title, a particularly bad marketing decision IMHO.

Of course, maybe thass wut u has to do, to get wit dat DJ kidz setupz. :band:

-Cheers

Return to “Effects”