Favorite Cableguys - and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Cableguys? :)
Well, yeah - :ud:, but when I visit on the site in my phone format, at least, I see no signs of a sale...

And Numanoid hasn't posted anything in Bargains, but I'll doublecheck.

Hmm... they announced that they'll have a 20% off sale now that Reason supports VST. But, it's not announced on their site. Only on their FB. Might not be up yet.

chk071 wrote:Hmm... they announced that they'll have a 20% off sale now that Reason supports VST. But, it's not announced on their site. Only on their FB. Might not be up yet.
It is, I already tried the code in my order.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Anyone got an opinion on WidthShaper? How do you use it?

Widthshaper on risers and drops man. Easy tension in high freq. Play with that shit it's godly.

Sounds good. Think i'll get Widthshaper. Always missed something like the Stereo enhancer plugin from Cubase in Studio One.

Okay, so I went adventurous and bought VolumeShaper, TimeShaper and MidiShaper with discount.

Especially the first one is indispensable for me, as I use sidechain and trancegate effects all the time and have a really hard time configuring it exactly as I want.

TimeShaper is gold - just drop any loop and choose any preset and it will sound good. Again, will replace some half-assed freebies / M4l devices I used for tape stop and stutters.

MidiShaper - now this one's interesting. Allows me to control plugins whcih don't have note-independent envelopes, like dune 2 or Harmor, or don't have fancy envelopes altogether, like Operator. Also coudl be good for future hardware synths or basiclaly anything I ever need.

The only issue is small GUI for my 27" 4K monitor, but it's not really smaller than some other plugins I already use. After all, Cableguys stuff is not something I'm going to watch and tweak for hours.
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I just started to use VolumeShaper for "manual compression" at mixdown / mastering stage. Instead of trying to find perfect compressor settings, I just see a scope plot and adjust volume so everything is at the level I want it to be (usually flat).

Is MidiShaper like an LFOTool that can be applied to stuff other than volume? If so, that's exactly the kind of thing I was wishing I had the other day.

Return to “Effects”