What a F****ing VST implementation in Reason

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man it eats native DSP while adding UAD plugins. :dog:

There's probably a better chance of getting the issue resolved by submitting this behavior to the Props than screaming at the sky.

You expect me to tell PH to fix it and yes Idid. But it it like waking up a person who acts like he is sleeping. They intentionally have crippled the VST usage to make a comparison with Re and doing that they just crippled UAD on their way. UAD a plugin which doesn't even use native DSP. Now you are expected to pay for a better VST experience for version 10. Same all Propellerhead. :dog:

Bereket wrote:You expect me to tell PH to fix it and yes Idid. But it it like waking up a person who acts like he is sleeping. They intentionally have crippled the VST usage to make a comparison with Re and doing that they just crippled UAD on their way. UAD a plugin which doesn't even use native DSP. Now you are expected to pay for a better VST experience for version 10. Same all Propellerhead. :dog:
Intentionally? That's quite an insinuation. Ever considered the possibility that it may take a little more time to iron out all the wrinkles in their first ever VST implementation?

Tronam wrote:
Bereket wrote:You expect me to tell PH to fix it and yes Idid. But it it like waking up a person who acts like he is sleeping. They intentionally have crippled the VST usage to make a comparison with Re and doing that they just crippled UAD on their way. UAD a plugin which doesn't even use native DSP. Now you are expected to pay for a better VST experience for version 10. Same all Propellerhead. :dog:
Intentionally? That's quite an insinuation. Ever considered the possibility that it may take a little more time to iron out all the wrinkles in their first ever VST implementation?
I appreciate your idea but I don't call this wrinkles. I call it pure broken. In Propellerhead Reason they managed to turn UAD into native. You call that wrinkles. Not to mention me loading quadruple size of native VST in other DAWs than Reason.

We definitely haven't intentionally crippled anything! Nothing to gain by doing that. We just released 9.5.0 though and for some plugins, there is still work to be done in Reason. We are keeping a close watch on which ones Reason has troubles with and what we can do to fix that.

If you experience crashes or severe performance issues in Reason when working with VST plugins, please get in touch and include as much information as possible, such as which plugins, what situation, your computer specs and preferences. Email to bugs@propellerheads.se and we will investigate. Please note that this address is not for support questions.

VST integration is a continuous project and we'll keep working to make this as good as we can. :party:

/Mattias (Product Manager of Reason)

Anosou wrote:... please get in touch and include as much information as possible, such as
... what medication you are on. If you are armed and dangerous.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:
Anosou wrote:... please get in touch and include as much information as possible, such as
... what medication you are on. If you are armed and dangerous.
That'd be useful. :help:

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I can remember when Reaper first came out how much work was needed to get UAD plugins working smoothly, they are something of a special case as they seem to require different ways of handling audio than other plugins (there are specific settings you can change now in Reaper if you are using UAD plugins that work for them but are counter productive for normal plugins). So yes this is early days, there are wrinkles to iron out and this is one, and it may not be a quick fix either. One would expect a fellow beta tester to understand this and not over react in this manner.

aMUSEd wrote:I can remember when Reaper first came out how much work was needed to get UAD plugins working smoothly, they are something of a special case as they seem to require different ways of handling audio than other plugins (there are specific settings you can change now in Reaper if you are using UAD plugins that work for them but are counter productive for normal plugins). So yes this is early days, there are wrinkles to iron out and this is one, and it may not be a quick fix either. One would expect a fellow beta tester to understand this and not over react in this manner.
Paid updates.

already a topic on Reason and VST, no need for another with vulgarity in the title
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”