RIP Gregg Allman

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

annode wrote:
Hink wrote:
jancivil wrote:getting old is starting to get to me
I was thinking similar yesterday, until recently I never though of this angle of aging. Surviving the years means being faced with a lot of loss, it's not as easy as it looked :?
I'm 7 yrs Gregg Allmans's junior, but of course I haven't put on the mileage Gregg did over his lifetime, so I'm fortunate that way. Nevertheless, it has become very apparent, sitting on my ass for yrs has taken it's toll. Now, at my present age, I must begin to build up muscles I lost in order to take care of myself in a physical way. I strained/sprained my upper back 3 weeks ago because of shear muscular weakness in places you don't know you have. Now I am going to physical therapy for a few weeks so I can get up to a level where I can start exercising in a standard gym.
Age will get you when your not looking. It's insidious. When you didn't realize you were on the edge, something will come along and push you off.
I'll be 58 in July, I have lot 45 lbs since July 2015 and I know what you mean. I think I have surprised a few by not letting losing my wife knock he wind our of my sails last Fall but the truth is 25 of those pounds have been since. Buying my first house at the same time could have gone either way I guess but I kept myself busy during the winter and now with all my chores in the yard it really helps with all the exercise. Just cutting all my grass is over 10,000 steps.

But still I gotta keep on my toes, just moving simple things I feel tugs and pulls in not good places too. I've been moving a lot of rocks and I'm taking a bunch a pine trees from my back and moving them to the front near the street. It's just not as easy as it use to be, but it's good for me and hopefully by this July it will be over 50lbs which is my target weight (175) though I want to drop another 10 :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

RIP Gregg. I grew up with your music. Sweet Melissa brings back memories
Intel CoreI7, ASUS mobo, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, Win10 64-bit

I sometimes get this feeling that, once all my heroes have kicked the bucket, it'll be my turn... :scared:

Googly Smythe wrote:I sometimes get this feeling that, once all my heroes have kicked the bucket, it'll be my turn... :scared:
Just for that statement, you lose your turn! :dog:
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”