Budget reverb - choice of 3!

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.

Which of these reverbs?

Valhalla Vintage Verb
90%
Manny Marroquin Reverb
5%
D16 Toraverb
5%

Total votes: 62

RELATED
PRODUCTS

andymcbain wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:What are the expensive reverbs when the Valhalla is considered budget? 8)
Valhalla reverbs are really cheap considering the features and quality.

I suppose the flagship plugins from Exponential Audio, TC Electronic, Lexicon and Eventide at 3-4 times the price of the Valhalla verbs could be considered "expensive" :)
Those must be professional reverbs, way too good for me.
I think the only additional reverb I might get in the future is a shimmer reverb, love how they sound. I know there is one by Valhalla, there used to be a cheaper one by WOK, but he ceased his business.

Shame you didn't go for Blackhole when it was on sale. IMO, it's just great for that (if i got "shimmer" right).

Blackhole is very good as is vshimmer. They are different enough in my book to warrant both. I use Valhalla shimmer more often though.

Out of the selected reverbs, Valhalla is the clear choice imho. Especially with the latest updates.

chemicalfan wrote:Money, although I have pretty big buyer's remorse. VVV has been described as "unsubtle" or "obvious" by many posts/reviews, and it put me against buying it a bit. I'm after a subtle, "gluey" reverb for use in mixing, not for channel effects (although I'm sure EasyVerb can do it, as it has some crazy big algorithms!)

I'm hoping once I get it working correctly, it'll serve my needs well!
Well, perhaps you could ask to switch your registration to Valhalla Room. That's a very natural sounding reverb that could fit your needs quite well.

I've been using Plate quite a bit, but the funny thing is that Plate seemed to fit better in the mix with Logic than Ableton (where I've been spending most of my time recently). I'm thinking of adding VVV for Ableton use.

You could also try out this free-while-in-beta plate reverb. I've gotten usable stuff from it.

https://www.physicalaudio.co.uk/PA1.html

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”