Tokyo Dawn Records rereleases OD DeEdger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OD DeEdger

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:So if they were allowed to keep it, those people got a real bargin. Everyone else got an apology.
It's interesting to see how the price change pissed some people off. On the other hand we flash sales going on quite often and no one complains. Funny how it's just a matter of different wording. Something to learn here: next time you make a mistake on the price tag, keep it for 24h and announce a flash sale.
Big difference between a planned event like a flash sale that is advertised as such and a mistake but you are right with your solution. Either realise you made a big mistake and either extend that price for a limited time, offer discounts on other titles or even a discount off the next coming product but just to say sorry....

If you want to sell pro -level products at pro-level prices, then come up with pro-level solutions when you mess up.
Again - what is "not" professional in apologizing for the slip up? (which the devs did!)

This was fixed within hours. Not to mention that probably not many people saw that, or used this opportunity anyway (the so called "blind purchases")?

I've yet to understand that ongoing argument.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

My point is, that maybe, in such situation it's best for developer to play a cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHP7Mex9e8

I was literally stucked a few hours on the screen.. ...my first plugin... ..wow.. ..how great this launch was.. ..then i realized.. nooooooooooooo.... 50 bucks!!!!!!!! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Compyfox wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:Sock puppets? I thought those were beta testers as well.
The question is... can you prove that they are?!
no, because for some reason beta testers do not want people to know they are, or they would start off by saying "I was a beta tester on this so.....

Compyfox wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:Yeah I ithink that is a great idea; let people know you have a vested interest in this product. And what does your knowledge of the tool have to do with berating people who don't like the price? Or telling people they are breaking the law using an unrestricted, no-time-limit demo that the company themselves offered?
Did you start a thread in Site Stuff yet?
You proposed this - kick it off! Go on, propose/enforce a new rule set.

Less talking, more action form your side! :clap:
Come on! :party:
No, just let people know you are a surrogate for that particular company's product so people can take your comments the way the should.

Compyfox wrote:Better yet, let people know you are a beta tester for the product you are about to blindly defend.

Let the admins of this forum decide what to do with the likes of... "us" beta testers.
It's really that simple.
Or just let everyone know you are an affiliate for the company and its product in question.

Compyfox wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:So let me ask you this, ever seen a BT who made negative comments about a product he has worked on?
*raises hand*
I'm fair towards EVERY company.

If the product is crap, or the company is pulling shenanigans - I mention it. However, worst case scenario is that I take your tools apart to prove what's not working. Or that you're trying to pull some huge stunts you should rather not! (shout outs to: various companies).

If I think that a product is not up to specs - I mention it, even give feedback how to improve it. (shout out to that one metering tool programmer, I've yet to see a suitable fix!)

If there are workarounds to problems, and I can help, I mention it.

If it's a great tool and I know cool tricks, I mention it
Got any example of this?

Compyfox wrote:It doesn't matter what "status of affiliation" I have - I'm not making any difference here.
Everything else, whether or not I'm a software tester or a regular user, is plainly spoken "none of your business".

If you don't think being affiliated with a company you are defending colours your perspective, you are the only one who does think that.

murnau wrote:I was literally stucked a few hours on the screen.. ...my first plugin... ..wow.. ..how great this launch was.. ..then i realized.. nooooooooooooo.... 50 bucks!!!!!!!! :lol:
Okay, now I think people should finally get that you're completely joking.... heh...

JJ_Jettflow wrote:no, because for some reason beta testers do not want people to know they are, or they would start off by saying "I was a beta tester on this so.....
Glad we made that clear!

JJ_Jettflow wrote:No, just let people know you are a surrogate for that particular company's product so people can take your comments the way the should.
Which contradicts with your first commentary.

By your definition, if somebody is a beta tester (or has a different status) for a product/company, and doesn't want to talk about it (is not allowed to, because NDA) - that is okay. However, the moment he/she opens his/her mouth, he/she is on an agenda, therefore a surrogate for that particular company.

It doesn't matter in this case if you're just good with a certain product. Either instantly because you know the old engines at heart (and have never posted before), or after a while since you're just good with the tool in question.

By your definition above - you always have to assume that somebody is on a certain "affiliation list", and therefore a shill.

Yet you have the decency to cry wolf, want people to reveal their "status", which they are under a <insert course word> contract not to do. Since to you it's "just good business" and "the right and only way to do". Yet you're not moving one single finger to enforce a new rule set on KVR Audio to make that happen, something that would ultimately please your conscience.

What would you (question to everybody in this forum that is currently pointing fingers) have done if "our" names would have never been posted in this thread?! Or never been revealed in a manual?!

Is it automatically back to Rule #1?
"I'm right, therefore I'm right"?!

Which puts the following argumentation/commentary into an infinite loop - and this can go on for pages on end (which I'm sure it will).
JJ_Jettflow wrote:Or just let everyone know you are an affiliate for the company and its product in question.
The user in question sure as hell won't, because

a) he/she is to 99,9% under an NDA until the product is released (though you see the occasional breach of that contract at forums, you instantly know who these people are)
b) even after the release, it's none of anyone's business
c) it's plainly none of your business

If there are users that step over the line (see IKM's early days with thread hijacking), that is a completely different issue. But if it's a normal discussion - no matter which route this goes (helping, not helping, offering tips, criticizing, etc) - and is not overly hyping a product...

Then it's non of your gosh-darn f*cking business!!! Period!

JJ_Jettflow wrote:Got any example of this?
See my backlogs, see my KVR marks, see my Twitter feed, see my "off-site projects".

I'm not there to do "your" home work. Read my 14k something posts. Decide for yourself what "affiliation" I might have. But be certain of one thing - I won't be talking about it, because it is not your business.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:If you don't think being affiliated with a company you are defending colours your perspective, you are the only one who does think that.
If you think that you're entitled to "push" others to reveal their affiliation status - you are the only one who does think that.

Are we done yet with this nonsense?

Oh wait - I'm still waiting for rasmusklump... :roll:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I'm sorry Compyfox, but you need to face up to the fact that by making a slip-up on the initial pricing and even choosing to release a plug-in in the first place, the developer has committed a sin of such magnitude that mere mortals like you and I cannot even begin to comprehend.

We're just lucky to have heroes of the internet to save us and everybody else from the evil that developers do.

And anybody who likes a plug-in is obviously disqualified from commenting on it because they're biased because they like it.

Compyfox wrote:
murnau wrote:I was literally stucked a few hours on the screen.. ...my first plugin... ..wow.. ..how great this launch was.. ..then i realized.. nooooooooooooo.... 50 bucks!!!!!!!! :lol:
Okay, now I think people should finally get that you're completely joking.... heh...

JJ_Jettflow wrote:no, because for some reason beta testers do not want people to know they are, or they would start off by saying "I was a beta tester on this so.....
Glad we made that clear!

JJ_Jettflow wrote:No, just let people know you are a surrogate for that particular company's product so people can take your comments the way the should.
Which contradicts with your first commentary.

By your definition, if somebody is a beta tester (or has a different status) for a product/company, and doesn't want to talk about it (is not allowed to, because NDA) - that is okay. However, the moment he/she opens his/her mouth, he/she is on an agenda, therefore a surrogate for that particular company.

It doesn't matter in this case if you're just good with a certain product. Either instantly because you know the old engines at heart (and have never posted before), or after a while since you're just good with the tool in question.

By your definition above - you always have to assume that somebody is on a certain "affiliation list", and therefore a shill.

Yet you have the decency to cry wolf, want people to reveal their "status", which they are under a <insert course word> contract not to do. Since to you it's "just good business" and "the right and only way to do". Yet you're not moving one single finger to enforce a new rule set on KVR Audio to make that happen, something that would ultimately please your conscience.

What would you (question to everybody in this forum that is currently pointing fingers) have done if "our" names would have never been posted in this thread?! Or never been revealed in a manual?!

Is it automatically back to Rule #1?
"I'm right, therefore I'm right"?!

Which puts the following argumentation/commentary into an infinite loop - and this can go on for pages on end (which I'm sure it will).
JJ_Jettflow wrote:Or just let everyone know you are an affiliate for the company and its product in question.
The user in question sure as hell won't, because

a) he/she is to 99,9% under an NDA until the product is released (though you see the occasional breach of that contract at forums, you instantly know who these people are)
b) even after the release, it's none of anyone's business
c) it's plainly none of your business

If there are users that step over the line (see IKM's early days with thread hijacking), that is a completely different issue. But if it's a normal discussion - no matter which route this goes (helping, not helping, offering tips, criticizing, etc) - and is not overly hyping a product...

Then it's non of your gosh-darn f*cking business!!! Period!

JJ_Jettflow wrote:Got any example of this?
See my backlogs, see my KVR marks, see my Twitter feed, see my "off-site projects".

I'm not there to do "your" home work. Read my 14k something posts. Decide for yourself what "affiliation" I might have. But be certain of one thing - I won't be talking about it, because it is not your business.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:If you don't think being affiliated with a company you are defending colours your perspective, you are the only one who does think that.
If you think that you're entitled to "push" others to reveal their affiliation status - you are the only one who does think that.

Are we done yet with this nonsense?

Oh wait - I'm still waiting for rasmusklump... :roll:
You know what, on several occasions, I have seen someone state "I was a beta tester for this, maybe if you try..." but in your case, I think it is a good idea to not let people know your affiliation because with your "wannabe mall cop with a Jesus complex" attitude you would turn away more customers than help.....which is what you have done in my case. I will never try this plugin out nor anything else TDR makes from now on.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:You know what, on several occasions, I have seen someone state "I was a beta tester for this, maybe if you try..." but in your case, I think it is a good idea to not let people know your affiliation because with your "wannabe mall cop with a Jesus complex" attitude....
That didn't take long form you... again (when was the last time you called me that?!)... :roll:

All marks checked I'd say... including twisting and turning of words, then running out of arguments and resorting to petty insults.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:you would turn away more customers than help.....which is what you have done in my case. I will never try this plugin out nor anything else TDR makes from now on.
Ultimately - it's your loss.

Because Tokyo Dawn Labs (including collaborators vladg and bootsie/Variety of Sound) and Olholst Digital created/still produce outstanding tools. With some hits and misses here and there (feature wise, IMO and all that), but overall - outstanding.

BTW - we're still talking about an Olhorst Digital product, currently(!) sold via the Tokyo Dawn Records shop. TDL is not OD!

Still - now you "have to" delete them/not even purchase them (your own enforced-upon-yourself rule!), because "somebody you don't like is 'involved' with the company/tools in any shape of form". So you basically admit you're one of those sad/depressed people that cut ties with a company because of these petty reasons.

I'm so, so terribly sorry. Honestly - I am. :scared:

However - just like I wrote to rasmusklump - you should seek some serious help regarding this!
Because this is more than messed up...

Honestly - I am not your martyr!
Look for somebody else for that position...

1wob2many wrote:I'm sorry Compyfox, but you need to face up to the fact that by making a slip-up on the initial pricing and even choosing to release a plug-in in the first place, the developer has committed a sin of such magnitude that mere mortals like you and I cannot even begin to comprehend.

We're just lucky to have heroes of the internet to save us and everybody else from the evil that developers do.

And anybody who likes a plug-in is obviously disqualified from commenting on it because they're biased because they like it.
Ouch...

Now that is some really deep flying sarcasm which is cutting some serious furrows...

I guess we're done here. The thread is officially over now, no?
Last edited by Compyfox on Mon May 29, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I mean seriously. "Edger"

Seriously?

Really?

OK. Sure. :party:

Compyfox wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:You know what, on several occasions, I have seen someone state "I was a beta tester for this, maybe if you try..." but in your case, I think it is a good idea to not let people know your affiliation because with your "wannabe mall cop with a Jesus complex" attitude....
That didn't take long form you... again (when was the last time you called me that?!)... :roll:

All marks checked I'd say... including twisting and turning of words, then running out of arguments and resorting to petty insults.
I have never called you that before...ever. You must be thinking of one of the many other people that think the same way I do who called you that.

No insult; just a blunt but accurate description of the way you come across to me.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:you would turn away more customers than help.....which is what you have done in my case. I will never try this plugin out nor anything else TDR makes from now on.
Compyfox wrote:Ultimately - it's your loss.

Because Tokyo Dawn Labs (including collaborators vladg and bootsie/Variety of Sound) and Olholst Digital created/still produce outstanding tools. With some hits and misses here and there (feature wise, IMO and all that), but overall - outstanding.

BTW - we're still talking about an Olhorst Digital product, currently(!) sold via the Tokyo Dawn Records shop. TDL is not OD!

Still - now you "have to" delete them/not even purchase them (your own enforced-upon-yourself rule!), because "somebody you don't like is 'involved' with the company/tools in any shape of form". So you basically admit you're one of those sad/depressed people that cut ties with a company because of these petty reasons.

I'm so, so terribly sorry. Honestly - I am. :scared:

However - just like I wrote to rasmusklump - you should seek some serious help regarding this!
Because this is more than messed up...

I am not your martyr!
Look for somebody else for that position...
Dude get over yourself. It's no loss to me cause I already own enough software from Waves, Slate, Steinberg, Lexicon, Kush, EA, Softube and a few other pro-level companies to do what I need to do and more. FYI, I do not use free plugins because I am in a position to pay for all my needs. Those are for people who cannot afford to pay and I support companies like this because I want them to continue to make free gear so all people can enjoy music-making regardless of their lot in life.

But your attitude gets on my nerves and quite honestly I'm sick of reading this aggressive, almost-verbal-abuse, holier-than-thou attitude crap that you and your ilk post that so often turns these topics into free-for-alls for no reason.

Yeah, now I'm done.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:I have never called you that before...ever. You must be thinking of one of the many other people that think the same way I do who called you that.
*snicker* many... that's modest for once. :hihi:

JJ_Jettflow wrote:Dude get over yourself. It's no loss to me cause I already own enough software from Waves, Slate, Steinberg, Lexicon, Kush, EA, Softube and a few other pro-level companies to do what I need to do and more. FYI, I do not use free plugins because I am in a position to pay for all my needs. Those are for people who cannot afford to pay and I support companies like this because I want them to continue to make free gear so all people can enjoy music-making regardless of their lot in life.
So, if I just read that right, you're also pissing on the grave of the developer (that you created in your own mindset) by saying he's not "professional" compared to the companies you mentioned, and because "freeware"? Oh-kay!

Correction though - OD has so far not released any freeware. TDL has...
Again - two different companies, but sold via the same place.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:But your attitude gets on my nerves and quite honestly I'm sick of reading this aggressive, almost-verbal-abuse, holier-than-thou attitude crap that you and your ilk post that so often turns these topics into free-for-alls for no reason.
Are you kidding me?! (maybe even some more than just me)

You come out of nowhere due to... whatever summoned your presence. Then take a huge dump on this thread insisting that "beta testers have to reveal themselves" since it's what you expect them to do (everything else is a shill to you, remember?). Then you not only refuse to properly answer questions (since you couldn't without moving away from your viewpoint), you go apesh*t on vanities, get ticked off by one(!) user in the process that happens to be more involved that you'd like it to be. And then not only blame your butt-hurt feelings on me (including that the company will suffer because of my "actions", your refusal to "even demo anything in the future"), but the icing on the cake are the insults!

And you(!) insist that I am the aggressor, or rather verbal abuser?!

I think I got off at the wrong station or something! :nutter:

JJ_Jettflow wrote:Yeah, now I'm done.
Yeah - I believe it once I see it.

1wob2many wrote:I'm sorry Compyfox, but you need to face up to the fact that by making a slip-up on the initial pricing and even choosing to release a plug-in in the first place, the developer has committed a sin of such magnitude that mere mortals like you and I cannot even begin to comprehend.

It was the other way around. You should read Compyfox entry post not starting in the middle.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Compyfox wrote: ...
1wob2many wrote:I'm sorry Compyfox...

...And anybody who likes a plug-in is obviously disqualified from commenting on it because they're biased because they like it.
Ouch...

Now that is some really deep flying sarcasm which is cutting some serious furrows...
While I admit it wasn't my best attempt, you do realise I was trying to give you my support don't you?

murnau wrote:It was the other way around. You should read Compyfox entry post not starting in the middle.
I did, but I'm beginning to see what the problem is here...

...Everybody!

(Including me)
Last edited by 1wob2many on Tue May 30, 2017 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm a beta tester. I don't get paid and don't get the plugin for free either, so the whiners should stfu.

Often I found deEdger to be too subtle to be much use (particularly on the wrong type of program material in a mastering context), but that came down to misunderstanding the problem it tries to address. Hard edges at the onset of transients is where this processor gets to work, and as such can do a far better job of taking the annoying click off drums and percussion, tame an overly clcky hihat, soften a knocky kick etc etc. Try it after an eq and compressor and see how much more you can push things!

Whilst I would love for it to cost $50, it is more than good enough to justify it's price tag and I will likely pick it up at some point. Soothe and refinement etc. cost a lot more.

Maybe we can go back to talking about the plugin now? This thread has currently gone to the dogs and isn't helping anyone.

KVR at it's lamest :(

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Return to “Effects”