Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Musical Gym wrote:Sunbird at audiodeluxe for $49 for two days (29-30). Wondering if jrrshop will carry this deal also.
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/ac ... es-sunbird
"The AcousticSamples Outstanding 3-in-1 Guitar Bundle Deal" on https://audioplugin.deals is also still running.

Telematic v3, GD-6 Acoustic Guitar & Sunbird for $99.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks, I already have GD-6 and you only get one bundle code if you buy the ADP bundle which prevents reselling any of the bundle singles as I understand it. $49 looks pretty good for Sunbird.

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks, I already have GD-6 and you only get one bundle code if you buy the ADP bundle which prevents reselling any of the bundle singles as I understand it. $49 looks pretty good for Sunbird.
I guess you may resell your actual GD-6 license and keep the bundle code.

I believe that is correct.

LGK_Dude wrote:
Rational wrote:So I have to give credit where credit is due sometimes. And Waves has really done well with their sale this month....
But, I'm still not paying $300+ for another DAW. I already own Cubase 8.5(Started at 6 and upgrade EVERY time. Because it's reasonable pricing each year of $50 or $99), Logic Pro X, Studio One 3 Pro, Ableton Live 9 Suite. Probably others I'm forgetting. (Edit: Forgot I own Pro Tools 11 too).

I don't really want to pay another $300 for yet another Daw. I'm interested for up to $150 but no more. Here's to hoping the guy who finally decided to add VST also understands the concept of 'time value of money' and figures out they're leaving money on the table by not making more attractive upgrades from essentials to the full version. Those of us who spent $99 on version 2 which is now useless with no upgrade path are basically penalized for having bought it. They expect a full $69 to get Essentials 9. Thanks... And a full $299 to upgrade to 9 full. (Edit: It's actually $329 to upgrade from essentials) Kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth for having supported them with the purchase those years ago...
If your goal is "best bang for your buck" you should NOT be using Cubase, lol. That is by far the most expensive DAW as they indeed charge you $50-$99 every year for decent improvements, but more importantly bug fixes which should have been fixed for free. I purchased Logic X and Cubase 6.5 at the same time, and Logic X has yet to charge me anything for an upgrade, and in addition to consistent bug fixes, it has added so many great features, instruments (like camel audio alchemy) scripting abilities, etc all for FREE. Now that being said, I still feel Cubase is the better daw overall and use it the most as I'm the fastest at it (Love the macros you can assign to key commands, control room, and other features) but it has cost me well over $700 since v6.5 where Logic Pro is still just $199, and still providing new features and free updates on top of what was a solid DAW. So to me, price per value in Logic is much greater than in Cubase, and with the lackluster upgrade in Cubase 9 while charing the full $99 for what seems like a .5 update at best feature wise, cubase 8.5 might be my last Cubase purchase.
You're confused. Steinberg puts out many bug fixes for free. Some perpetually angry CB users want to see upgrades as "bug" fixes and the Steinberg forum is a cesspool that perpetuates this myth. Always the same: ignore Cubase game changing features (Chord Tracks, Chord Pads, new Retrologue 2 , new Padshop,VCA faders,VST Transit for cloud collaboration,Sampler Track, Zone Windows, killer Frequency EQ) and focus on features that confuse the user ;then call these "bugs". Also , Logic Pro is subsidized by Apple to bolster their base of pro audio users. Cubase has far more features and Steinberg (inventors of VST, ASIO) keep innovation going. In addition ,I think Pro Tools and Sadie are far more expensive daws. If the standard is bang for the buck, why not Fruity Loops or Reaper? Not sure if I'm penny pinching with my DAW and then turn around and buy a $50 Waves compressor.

LGK_Dude wrote:If your goal is "best bang for your buck" you should NOT be using Cubase, lol. That is by far the most expensive DAW as they indeed charge you $50-$99 every year for decent improvements, but more importantly bug fixes which should have been fixed for free.
Personally, I stopped upgrading Cubase because lately each major upgrade is so different from the previous version. For example, Cubase 4, 5, and 6 all functioned and looked almost identical to one another and were very easy to transition between. I upgraded to 7 and felt like I was having to re-learn the entire DAW. I was more comfortable transitioning to Studio One 2 than to Cubase 7 and the transition from Studio One 2 to 3 was effortless.

dzilizzi wrote:I found a bunch of not so good comments on the Hollywood woodwinds over on VI Control. I guess the partners weren't getting along during the recording and it shows in some phasing and legato issues, among other things. Sounds like it is mostly fixable though. I may have to get it. Though they have these sales pretty regularly. I can wait and see if something better goes on sale. :?
The current discount is pretty much their standard sale price. I don't think you'll see it for much lower than this any time soon but I'm also pretty sure you'll see this price again later.

FWIW, we do have some Hollywood Strings Gold and Hollywood Brass Gold that I can sell for $99. These are leftovers from when EastWest was clearing out their boxed products, that's why the prices are lower. Unfortunately, I don't have any Hollywood Woodwinds Gold boxes left.

zakufan wrote:whats the difference between sonarworks systemwide and headphone plugin? if i can only afford one of them which one should i get?
I imagine you'll get lower latency with the Headphone Plugin.

@steiny/updates/etc:

Instead of a "spy vs spy" scenario, let's be fair. You're both right. They put out quite a few paid update that break shit, then they put out free ones that fix shit.

Simple, let's move on.

Armadillo wrote:Am I right in assuming that Ez drummer deals don't usually get much better than this?
I can sell EZdrummer by itself at a pretty big discount. I'm guessing you'll receive 2 free EZX's when you register but I can't promise it since Toontrack hasn't told me anything about this promotion. Maybe they're restricting the deal to their Canadian dealers. ;)

If you are to buy six $29 plugins from Waves
http://www.waves.com/plugins?utm_source ... number=all

total will be $129.05 or $21.53 per plugin.

I hope my math is correct. :scared:

Uncle E wrote:
LGK_Dude wrote:If your goal is "best bang for your buck" you should NOT be using Cubase, lol. That is by far the most expensive DAW as they indeed charge you $50-$99 every year for decent improvements, but more importantly bug fixes which should have been fixed for free.
Personally, I stopped upgrading Cubase because lately each major upgrade is so different from the previous version. For example, Cubase 4, 5, and 6 all functioned and looked almost identical to one another and were very easy to transition between. I upgraded to 7 and felt like I was having to re-learn the entire DAW. I was more comfortable transitioning to Studio One 2 than to Cubase 7 and the transition from Studio One 2 to 3 was effortless.
Strangely enough, because of the new vst hype, I'm drawn back to Reason and might abandon Logic Pro altogether, at least for a while. Reason and Bitwig may serve me better now, from a creative point of view.

Uncle E wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:I found a bunch of not so good comments on the Hollywood woodwinds over on VI Control. I guess the partners weren't getting along during the recording and it shows in some phasing and legato issues, among other things. Sounds like it is mostly fixable though. I may have to get it. Though they have these sales pretty regularly. I can wait and see if something better goes on sale. :?
The current discount is pretty much their standard sale price. I don't think you'll see it for much lower than this any time soon but I'm also pretty sure you'll see this price again later.

FWIW, we do have some Hollywood Strings Gold and Hollywood Brass Gold that I can sell for $99. These are leftovers from when EastWest was clearing out their boxed products, that's why the prices are lower. Unfortunately, I don't have any Hollywood Woodwinds Gold boxes left.
I got them from you last summer when they did the clear out. :)

I think I will wait and see what else comes up. I have a few Sonokinectic things that I forget about that have great woodwind phrases that actually work well for what I do.

It is interesting that to upgrade to the diamond version costs the same as buying it. No savings in buying the gold version if you want to upgrade.

Uncle E wrote:
zakufan wrote:whats the difference between sonarworks systemwide and headphone plugin? if i can only afford one of them which one should i get?
I imagine you'll get lower latency with the Headphone Plugin.
Oh yes, forgot about that. The latency Systemwide introduces is super annoying.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Uncle E wrote:
Armadillo wrote:Am I right in assuming that Ez drummer deals don't usually get much better than this?
I can sell EZdrummer by itself at a pretty big discount. I'm guessing you'll receive 2 free EZX's when you register but I can't promise it since Toontrack hasn't told me anything about this promotion. Maybe they're restricting the deal to their Canadian dealers. ;)
I appreciate that. You gave me a price via pm a month or two ago actually. :)

It does seem like it might be an exclusive offer, as no other retailer has advertised it.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”