Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

kv331 wrote:Hey guys,

What would you think of a 4 part (4 layer) version of SynthMaster One, like the Nord Lead ?

... so that we could move the code to hardware :hihi:
Wonderful :tu:

Fleer wrote:

What would you think of a 4 part (4 layer) version of SynthMaster One, like the Nord Lead ?

Wonderful :tu:
Yes or 2 layers is fine with me :)

Um... yeahhhh!!! Would love it! Is it gonna be like Nord Lead prices though? Lol
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

What hardware? :?

Am I right in thinking it is not possible to both sub osc PM & bend (algorithm) a wavetable?

kv331 wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:Not sure if joking?
No joking here 8)
A rackmount synth, and with 3 midi-out ports, a flash or usb reader
for SynthMaster IV data, extra wavetables etc, and
a software editor, of course, for sound design.
Zynaddsubfx and SonicSynth 2 are 16 part multi-tymbral,
I see no use lagging behind the leaders in that category.
(well, I can barely code spuggettie sauce, so I'm just guessing,
but if they can, you can...) :hyper: :party: :hyper:

darewe wrote:Am I right in thinking it is not possible to both sub osc PM & bend (algorithm) a wavetable?
For now, yes you are right. I will think about a workaround for it.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

will the hardware cost as much synthmaster1? :D
any crossgrade?
Last edited by Amram on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will the hardware make coffee, please?
:wink:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Will the hardware make coffee, please?
:wink:
Or covfefe
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I'll be honest, I have been debating it to myself. I understand multi s in hardware, I see NO advantage to a multi layer software synthesizer. I thought that was the point of today's DAW environment? Convince me.

Dasheesh wrote:I'll be honest, I have been debating it to myself. I understand multi s in hardware, I see NO advantage to a multi layer software synthesizer. I thought that was the point of today's DAW environment? Convince me.
May make sence you you have global controls affecting all layers (e.g. controlling all envelopes/filters at once) or when you may route an output from all layers into a common bus withing the synth containing effects and/or additional filters.

Can't you assign a controller to all instance? or duplicate instances?

Dasheesh wrote:Can't you assign a controller to all instance? or duplicate instances?
Sure you can, but if you want to use the layered sound you've made in another DAW or exchange it with someone it is much more handy when you can save this sound within the synth itself.

Furthermore some synths have interesting additions to the layer concept, e.g. Rapid can distribute notes within a chord between different layers so you can play chords where different chord steps are played by different timbres. I'm not exactly sure how it can be done by layering synths in a DAW.

recursive one wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:Can't you assign a controller to all instance? or duplicate instances?
Sure you can, but if you want to use the layered sound you've made in another DAW or exchange it with someone it is much more handy when you can save this sound within the synth itself.

Furthermore some synths have interesting additions to the layer concept, e.g. Rapid can distribute notes within a chord between different layers so you can play chords where different chord steps are played by different timbres. I'm not exactly sure how it can be done by layering synths in a DAW.

Ohhhhh yeah, it's for the benefit of the preset designers. Got it. You can't make preset packs for sale with single layer.

Return to “Instruments”