UVI Relayer: Precision Creative Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relayer

scoplunk wrote:So, none of you guys are having any problem with this plug in?
The first time I installed the Relayer 1.5 mac demo, Bitwig 2.1 displayed it as a 32bit plugin and half of the presets produced no sound. After downloading and installing again, Bitwig displays it as a 64bit plugin, but it crashes as soon as it's inserted.

Just wanted to mention that we are currently investigating the issue with Logic.
We reproduce it but so far have no luck finding what could be the cause of this as this happens only in Logic.
For Bitwig crashes, please forward crashlog to our support if you haven't already done so so we can have a look as it works fine for us.

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Running Ableton on Macos Sierra (latest version). 64 bit.

Tried installing it several times, but Ableton only came up with the old version.

Deleting the file from the Components directory and reinstalling fixed it.

I see that Olivier responded to my post and this morning I got an email from UVI support confirming the problem with Logic. Thanks to everyone for chiming in on this. I'll definitely give Relayer another chance as soon as it's fixed. I've got plenty of delays now, but this one does some unique things and they did a good job with the interface. I can set up some complex behaviors, but I like that I can see what's going on without having to hunt around.

scoplunk wrote:So, none of you guys are having any problem with this plug in? I'm trying to demo it in Logic and it works fine the first time I instantiate it, but if I try to move it to another slot or close and open the project, I get the spinning wheel of doom for 3 to 4 minutes. I've even tried it in an initialized project with the default setting on Relayer and the results are the same. I opened a support ticket with UVI, but haven't heard anything back. It seems like a really nice delay, but the way it's behaving now, it's unusable. Since no one else is complaining, it might be something on my system, but I don't know what it could be since everything works fine except for Relayer.

Relayer 1.5 demo
Logic Pro X 10.3.1
OS 10.12.3
Macbook Pro 2015
I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I downloaded the demo tonight (the last night of the sale) and was so impressed with it, I was definitely going to buy it. Then the crashing started. Like you said, when moving it to another slot or track it crashes Logic immediately. Also if you insert something in front of it, crash. I'm bummed. I opened a ticket. Maybe they will honer the sale price to Logic users once it's fixed. Hope so, it's an awesome plugin!

I've had a chance to look at this a little closer and I'm not positive that it's a UVI problem. Since I was looking at delay plug ins, I ran into fxpansion bloom and downloaded the demo. Guess what? It has all the same problems with crashing Logic 10.3.1 that relayer does. That didn't make any sense to me. So, I found LPX 10.2.4 and tried running the same plug ins with that version. Bloom works perfectly after being unusable in 10.3.1. Relayer takes about 15 or 20 seconds to move or save a preset, but still, it works much better than it does in 10.3.1. So, I'm not sure what's going on.

But, I agree with you that I hope we get another chance at the sale price once this problem is fixed. I don't like buying software that doesn't work and hoping that it will be fixed later. But, I've also already gotten great results with relayer and I'm really impressed with the interface.

scoplunk wrote:I've had a chance to look at this a little closer and I'm not positive that it's a UVI problem. Since I was looking at delay plug ins, I ran into fxpansion bloom and downloaded the demo. Guess what? It has all the same problems with crashing Logic 10.3.1 that relayer does. That didn't make any sense to me. So, I found LPX 10.2.4 and tried running the same plug ins with that version. Bloom works perfectly after being unusable in 10.3.1. Relayer takes about 15 or 20 seconds to move or save a preset, but still, it works much better than it does in 10.3.1. So, I'm not sure what's going on.

But, I agree with you that I hope we get another chance at the sale price once this problem is fixed. I don't like buying software that doesn't work and hoping that it will be fixed later. But, I've also already gotten great results with relayer and I'm really impressed with the interface.
That's Interesting, Amplitube 3 does not work in Logic 10.3.1. It doesn't crash Logic. Sometimes it instantiates, but most of the time it won't even open. Maybe there is something going on with 10.3.1

I also just noticed that if you use Relayer without crashing Logic by avoiding the things that make it crash, if you save the project and reopen it, as soon as it opens Logic crashes.

Yes. In the reply I got from UVI, the tech suggested that I just avoid moving the plug in and instantiate it on the other channel and load a preset. First of all, loading or saving a preset can cause the spinning wheel of doom, but if I somehow manage to avoid all of that in the first place, as you pointed out - it will happen the next time I open the project. That's also a good point about Amplitude 3. I forgot that I had to update to Amplitude 4. Didn't the new LPX have support for an updated AU format? I wonder if whatever they changed is somehow messing up other plug ins. It's really strange that I've had two sophisticated delay plug ins completely stop LPX in its tracks. Both of them are demos, though. Could it be that the demo versions are an issue? I'm not sure.

The only silver lining of this whole experience is that I pulled out Delay Designer again and gave it a much more thorough look. It's no replacement for Relayer, but it's got some great tricks of its own (especially the tap transpose feature) and it certainly will do any usual multi-tap trick you can think of. I'll definitely be using that a lot more in the future.

The thing about Amplitube is that even if you upgrade to A4, your old projects with A3 in them won't open in A4. A4 does not take A3's place. They suggest saving presets in A3 from all of your old projects, then importing those presets into A4, then opening instances of A4 and load the presets. Well, I can't even do that because A3 doesn't work in 10.3.1, so I am out of luck and IK has no intention on working on a fix for A3 as they have abandoned it in order to sell new products to old customers. Not to me tho. I am done with IK for good. While A3 was "ok", it was hardly great. Lots of fizzy unpleasant top end and dynamically flat. Scuffham S-Gear and TH3 sound and feel far better and they don't have all of that egregious in app marketing that IK does. Browsing through Amplitube feels more like a consumer level video game, Farmtown app than a professional Plugin. The idea that as I browse through presets or components I have to sort through lists of things that I don't own is absurd. Or clicking on a preset only to learn that I can't load that preset because I don't own certain components that it uses. It's designed to keep you spending money. They should spend more time on the sound and less on graphics and marketing. I did extensive ABing with Amplitube, S-Gear and TH3 and for me Amplitube came in last just about every time. That combined with their silly payment system and in app marketing insures that I will not be upgrading to A4.

Sorry to rant off topic, it's just that this A3 incompatibility has messed up many old projects with no real option to fix and IK's seemingly "oh well" attitude. I can't possible see giving them more money or trusting them for support in the future.

Hi guys,

The issue has been fixed today. We need to do more checking, but hopefully we will release the new version tomorrow.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

That's great news!

Thx for the update

Great. Thanks Tristan! I'll give Relayer a try again over the next few days.

Off topic rant continued:
I got A4 on some special deal, but I didn't know that it wouldn't load A3 projects. That sucks! All the same amps are there, so why not? I've got other amp sims, so I haven't been keeping up with everything that's out there. Thanks for the recommendations on the other sims. I'll check them out.

Relayer 1.5.1 is online.
Official announcements should follow soon.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Tnx for update, what i wanted to clarify - if not necessary install ilok driver together with plugin (if ilok installed already) it's can just press to cancel when ilok ask install, and after ilok cancel the plugin installation will be finished properly ?

c_voltage wrote:Tnx for update, what i wanted to clarify - if not necessary install ilok driver together with plugin (if ilok installed already) it's can just press to cancel when ilok ask install, and after ilok cancel the plugin installation will be finished properly ?
Yes, you can cancel the installation to that point without affecting the Relayer installation.
BTW, I have complained several times to UVI about this confusing practice, the iLok Manager installation should be an option, not automation. UVI refuses to understand this.

Return to “Effects”