Phrase Editor, Again...Please Help

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Suppose I go into The Phrase Editor, make a dominant 7th chord in a pattern...say C E G Bb.

Now I want to add in a D, in case I use the pattern and want a 9th.

Right now if I do that, I get the extra D note every time I use the pattern, even when the chord is not a 9th.

Similarly, if I change the chord to a plain C, and use that phrase above, I still get the Bb, as if I had specified a dominant 7 chord.

I tried selecting the notes and clicking that box that says "ignore nonexistent chord tones"....but that had no effect.

How do I make a phrase that can adapts to the chords?

Hi,
1-open your phrase in the Phrase editor
2-first define the chord C9 ( C E G Bb D ) from chord section at the top of the window.
3-add extra notes (Bb and D)
4-select all notes, define Note Kind: Chord
5-tick / activate the Ignore non-existent chord note check box
6-hit to Apply Changes To Phrase In Composition or Save As if you open phrase from Phrase Browser.
Done.

EDIT:

Thanks for this great help. I tried to send you a thank you note yesterday, but somehow it didn't go after I hit the submit button....invalid something or other!

On my initial problem, just putting in the dominant 7th...my Bb was defined as Ch( L minus 2 semitones), instead of as Chord (L+3)...and now from you GIF you have added, I see how to put in the 9th, etc.

Thanks Yellukhan!
Glenn

No problem,
i glad that helped!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”