Bridging

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this has been requested since T5, but is it any closer to happening? Other DAWs have implemented it - why not tracktion/waveform?

What is it?
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:What is it?
Using 32-bit plugins in a a 64-bit host. And no - no bridging in Waveform (and more annoyingly, no sandboxing either).

Thank you!
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I know there is no bridging in Waveform, the question was whether there are plans to implement it. I have used jbridge in the past, but I have been working with reaper of late and whilst it is not as intuitive initially, I do like the way it automatically bridges 32 bit plugins. I also like the way it automatically connects multiple outs which saves a lot of time in comparison to having to insert in a rack then placing multiple instances on seperate tracks.

Unreal that both bridging and sandboxing are not featured. Until then.....no to Tracktion

Bump1 wrote:Unreal that both bridging and sandboxing are not featured. Until then.....no to Tracktion
Nobody makes 32 bit laptops, for music production any more. I'd think it's highly unlikely that bridging will be implemented, to support legacy 32 bit apps, especially when 3rd party wrapper plugins like jBridge have existed since 2009, should you be interested in working around the issue.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

To have in the Tracktion Cie., an entire DAW in 32 bits only and an other entire DAW in 64 bits only, this eliminating the need of bridge and giving you the capability to use all your "old" plugins, is not an acceptable solution for you ?

You really need up to date 64 bits systems accepting (by bridges or other heavy sophisticated and complicated system) all you old stuff ? up to when ?

Yeah... all of us want that things changes, with the condition that all stays as usual...

It has been a long road for the transition to 64-bit computing, particularly for DAWs and plugins. With bridging, there is lots of opportunity for incompatibility bugs.

I have Waveform and my other main DAW installed side-by-side in both formats, 32-bit and 64-bit. The DAWs themselves don't use up too much hard drive space. Easy solution.

I like to keep my plugin paths separated by format, so that they stay separate. My other DAW has bridging built-in, but I prefer to avoid it as much as possible. I like my 64-bit 100% native, if possible!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It is far more convenient to be able to run both 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins simultaneously in the same 64-bit DAW; especially when you want to use various VSTi synth plugins simultaneously together in the same project, but unfortunately some of them are either solely 32-bit (e.g. any SynthEdit VSTi) and some are solely 64-bit only (e.g. UVI Falcon). Having a built-in bridge in the DAW would manage this issue most conveniently and effectively.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:It is far more convenient to be able to run both 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins simultaneously in the same 64-bit DAW; especially when you want to use various VSTi synth plugins simultaneously together in the same project, but unfortunately some of them are either solely 32-bit (e.g. any SynthEdit VSTi) and some are solely 64-bit only (e.g. UVI Falcon). Having a built-in bridge in the DAW would manage this issue most conveniently and effectively.
Well if that is really important to you, go grab Sonar Home Studio for $49. It doesn't come with a lot of addons, but the core program is the same as the full edition. If you already have plenty of plugins, you are all set!
https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR-Home-Studio

Or there is also Reaper. Free to try, $60 to buy!
http://www.reaper.fm/

Both of these can be installed as 64-bit programs and bridge 32-bit plugins.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
tonedef71 wrote:It is far more convenient to be able to run both 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins simultaneously in the same 64-bit DAW; especially when you want to use various VSTi synth plugins simultaneously together in the same project, but unfortunately some of them are either solely 32-bit (e.g. any SynthEdit VSTi) and some are solely 64-bit only (e.g. UVI Falcon). Having a built-in bridge in the DAW would manage this issue most conveniently and effectively.
Well if that is really important to you, go grab Sonar Home Studio for $49. It doesn't come with a lot of addons, but the core program is the same as the full edition. If you already have plenty of plugins, you are all set!
https://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR-Home-Studio

Or there is also Reaper. Free to try, $60 to buy!
http://www.reaper.fm/

Both of these can be installed as 64-bit programs and bridge 32-bit plugins.
So your solution amounts to 'tough shit, go elsewhere'?

People are requesting bridging in Waveform like the DAWs mentioned above, not what alternatives there are that have this feature. As I mentioned in my OP, I do use Reaper which can do this. Your response is less than helpful.

There are no known plans to implement bridging in Waveform. It would have shown up by now, if there were.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

+ 1 for included 32 bit support inside waveform, think all arguments have been discussed, its not NO. 1 on my priority list but would just make life easier (for me at least, and yes I use jbridge and yes I still use lots of 32 bit stuff, nobody will ever bring H.G. wonderful creations to 64 bit, so....)

There's only something like 3 plugins which are 64-bit only, so if 32-bit plugins are that pivotal to your workflow, use the 32-bit version of Waveform(*).

Or if not, just use jbridge, it works perfectly well within Waveform. Most issues with it are the fault of the plugin, most particularly ancient SynthEdit creations. Plus jbridge's existence saves TSC from having to invest a considerable amount of time and effort in replicating the exact same bridging process and functionality anyway, without the benefit of several years of bug-testing and refinement.

(* And if you really need those three plugins then use jbridge to run them inside the 32-bit version of Waveform. )
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Tracktion”