Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

The Girl in the blue Forest

Jesse Gorter
KVRian

720 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Sun May 28, 2017 8:25 am The Girl in the blue Forest

Hi guys,

my new favourite track, and my new track :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QELcNY2hSs0

what do you think?
folderol
KVRAF

4664 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Mon May 29, 2017 11:22 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

I never seem to have time to listen to other people's music these days, but I'm just so happy I stopped long enough to hear this one. Utterly enchanting :love:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
Aaron Marshall
KVRer

8 posts since 29 May, 2017, from Bloomington, Indiana

Postby Aaron Marshall; Mon May 29, 2017 6:09 pm Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

Reminds of some early classical music. It's simple but creates an elegant atmosphere through its minimalism. I like how nothing sounds too forced. It's like you stumbled upon this tune in a fairy circle in the forest and recorded it from afar.

The melody doesn't leave its comfort zone might be one critique I'd give it. It sort of meanders without seeking a tonic. I hesitate to mention it though because it's also part of its charm. Every melody is a conversation or argument. Great melodies really say something and resolve to a conclusion.
composer | producer http://noct.us
VicDiesel
KVRAF

2808 posts since 2 Mar, 2003, from The only civilized county in Texas

Postby VicDiesel; Tue May 30, 2017 6:19 pm Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

Very sweet tune. The simplicity is key. Too many people run out of inspiration and start slathering on different sounds and instruments. This one stays cohesive.

Victor.
Jesse Gorter
KVRian

Postby Jesse Gorter; Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:13 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

folderol wrote:I never seem to have time to listen to other people's music these days, but I'm just so happy I stopped long enough to hear this one. Utterly enchanting :love:

Hi Folderol! glad to hear it :D
Allomerus
KVRAF

1746 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:17 pm Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

I can see why you like it Jesse! All the things mentioned by everyone else are true.
Beautifully delicate from 3:00.
Enjoyed this a lot...
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
seismic1
KVRAF

8547 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:45 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

You have managed to put together a complementary set of sounds which give this piece a suitably soft atmosphere and the melody works well with the soundset to suggest a woodland or forest scene. I liked the reverbs on here.

Good work :)
Jesse Gorter
KVRian

Postby Jesse Gorter; Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:55 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

VicDiesel wrote:Very sweet tune. The simplicity is key. Too many people run out of inspiration and start slathering on different sounds and instruments. This one stays cohesive.

Victor.

Thanks Victor ! that is exactly what I have learned over the years, to stay consistent ^^
Jesse Gorter
KVRian

Postby Jesse Gorter; Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:19 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

Aaron Marshall wrote:Reminds of some early classical music. It's simple but creates an elegant atmosphere through its minimalism. I like how nothing sounds too forced. It's like you stumbled upon this tune in a fairy circle in the forest and recorded it from afar.

The melody doesn't leave its comfort zone might be one critique I'd give it. It sort of meanders without seeking a tonic. I hesitate to mention it though because it's also part of its charm. Every melody is a conversation or argument. Great melodies really say something and resolve to a conclusion.

Hi Aaron,
would it not feel odd if it introduced more tension?
thanks for the feedback!
Jesse Gorter
KVRian

Postby Jesse Gorter; Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

Allomerus wrote:I can see why you like it Jesse! All the things mentioned by everyone else are true.
Beautifully delicate from 3:00.
Enjoyed this a lot...
Well done!
:)

Thanks man!
It's a bit more mellow that usual eh?
Jesse Gorter
KVRian

Postby Jesse Gorter; Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:34 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

seismic1 wrote:You have managed to put together a complementary set of sounds which give this piece a suitably soft atmosphere and the melody works well with the soundset to suggest a woodland or forest scene. I liked the reverbs on here.

Good work :)

And there was a certain girl that inspired me to write it too :)
AlesisVi61
KVRist

376 posts since 16 Sep, 2014

Postby AlesisVi61; Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

Great soundscape...the image,along with the music,is reminiscent of Avatar...very sweet!Some of the best tunes,always seem to be inspired by a woman...it's a source of inspiration I really miss drawing from.
Jesse Gorter
KVRian

Postby Jesse Gorter; Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:53 am Re: The Girl in the blue Forest

AlesisVi61 wrote:Great soundscape...the image,along with the music,is reminiscent of Avatar...very sweet!Some of the best tunes,always seem to be inspired by a woman...it's a source of inspiration I really miss drawing from.

Thanks! Yes, being inspired by a woman can be/is the greatest thing :D

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe