Waveform Dev Update

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

magicmusic wrote:ok, seem only the name is change. so its ok, but anyway waveform is no good name because when i want help in inet and i type in waveforms set grid raster or waveform pattern editor, there is output on first place much wrong.
I put both in if I'm searching on YouTube or Google*.

* other search engines are available.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I get a crash when i modify the note pitch(embeded in a note) by press of control to ignore raster. crash happen not allways, but pitch line do nothing change in pitch.i get crash earlier too once. i use for this clip groove and it was 1. note. in log file my windows is detect as windows 8. i use win 10 64.

3 May 2017 10:59:18 Windows 8.0

should i send crash .dmp file to you ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I compare with free tracktion 5 and i notice the draw of controller and pitch bend with pencil and snap is off work much better in tracktion 5. in waveforms during press of mouse nothing is draw. only when release the mouse it is draw in extra window editor. on small inline editor redraw only 0.5 sec. also the middle line of pitchbend can not good see.

cant save mixer window set up , if its a tab or a serperate window for mixer , after saving then loading the mixer has to be opened, the edit window opens fine

Rangerx wrote:cant save mixer window set up , if its a tab or a serperate window for mixer , after saving then loading the mixer has to be opened, the edit window opens fine
I think that is expected behavior for the Waveform tabs. If the mixer is loaded into a separate tab, the mixer settings are saved with the project edit, but the second tab is really just a secondary window to the main edit window.

If you close Waveform while leaving both tabs active, when you relaunch Waveform, the last state of both tabs should still be be retained. But if you have closed the mixer tab, you will need to reopen it.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

the browser have play all button to play more audio at once. i notice a delay by doing that so i do a test. i use in both browsers same drum loop. and here can good hear, that there is a delay between the loop on both browsers. this seem around 50-100 ms.

Crash when I scrub audio at fast speeds.

Rock wrote:Crash when I scrub audio at fast speeds.
Can you please either post or send us a crash log at support? Please see the "Reporting:" section of the first post in this thread for full details.

When i choose Melodyne as time stretching
1] Render to audio clips doesnt render anything
2] Render to midi notes cant be undone so you loose your audio if you click on it...

I cant compare it with older versions so i am writing it here...

When's the next Waveform update due ?

fedexnman wrote:When's the next Waveform update due ?
8.1.12 beta now available: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=486907

Terrific thanks.

I really like the "Light" color-scheme>

That said there are a couple of bugs. The scollbar thumbs are black and the scrollbar itself is dark charcoal. The contrast between the two is WAY too subtle. I can't always see where the thumb is located. The same applies to the text field for creating a new Plugin Preset. It's black text on a dark charcoal field. I can't read it at all. Could you just go white or light gray instead of black?

I see this wasn't fixed. If we can't tweak the gui, then you guys have to make it legible. Maybe you don't realize how bad it is. Monitors' contrast and brightness vary, but how could this possibly be optimal? :dog:

I can't even read this preset description till I scroll it to the bottom of the screen.
2017-07-26 11_10_52-Track 14_ Guitar Rig 5 (Automap).png

Find the scroll thumb challenge...
2017-07-26 11_07_36-Waveform.png
In case it isn't obvious what I am talking about...
2017-07-26 11_07_36-Waveform.png
I don't want to complain, but please, someone take a few and fix this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ok, I've sorted these cases now but this is a perfect example of why I despise colour schemes. It's nigh-on impossible to find all the edge cases and determine how all colour combinations will appear on different monitors etc.

The preset dialog text was actually a bug in a framework we use and took me an hour and a half to track down so these things often aren't trivial!

Let me know if you spot any more and I'll try to get them sorted.

Return to “Tracktion”