Glue Function

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys,

I still don't really get the glue function. What is it for? Because if it's just to consolidate things, it doesn't work for me.

When I import a MIDI file and disable "Auto Detect Phrases", it all comes in one part, tuned to the actual key.

If I import a Midi file and enable "Auto Detect Phrases", it comes in split sections, also tuned to the actual key.
But if I select now all of the seperate sections and glue them together, they become one part, but they change to (I believe) their original key again, so they sound totally out of tune then...

So is this a bug or do I just misunderstand the glue function? Is there a function to consolidate seperate parts, without changing the notes in any way?

Hello GAMJoker,

Gluing should work as you would expect. I tried importing MIDI and gluing all phrases but notes did not change.
If you could send me a composition file that shows this behaviour, I would love to investigate why notes change.
There are cases when notes will change (but I think this cannot happen when importing MIDI):
- when you use different octaves for chords (e.g. C4 followed by G5)
- when one or more phrases are transposed and glued to a non-transposed phrase
You can get perfect results if you make the phrases absolute (press 'A'), glue them, and convert the glued phrase to 'relative' (press '3' for chord note+scale steps). This means 2 additional key-presses but will always work.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I just noticed this function.. and this could be very useful for me.. ;) I noticed that when I import, it breaks the phase into multi parts, and yes, I know about the option in the import side to disable this and all. My question is, were is the function to split the phrase at the bar? I know it exists, lol, I saw it, but, can't seem to find it again.. The import sometimes will bring in the phrase over lapping each other.. I'd like to join them back, then split them in the proper length.. at the bars..

EDIT:
Oops, ignore this post.. I found it in the settings, I haven't assigned it yet..

If you don't want to use shortcuts, you can find Split Phrases At Chord Boundaries and Split Phrases At Bar Boundaries in the timeline inspector. This may not sound logical but these work on all tracks and all phrases, not just on the selection.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Maybe this video helps you to understand my problem :)
https://youtu.be/wbHbMTMg7dY

Oh yeah btw. :P
I tried to press "A", then glued them together, then pressed 3.
It's different, but different weired :D Still sounds pretty out of key ;)

Regards

Return to “MusicDevelopments”