Denoiser 1.7 is better than RX, new update 1.8 is NOT!! 1.8 is a step backwards.

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NOT first hand experience - I'm listening to the examples that Archi posted and drawing some conclusions from those!
EMBERTONE

Obsessive Instrument Sampling

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

embertone wrote:NOT first hand experience - I'm listening to the examples that Archi posted and drawing some conclusions from those!
Ok, thanks! Did you take a listen to the version I processed with v1.8?

Best,
Stian

The version you created with 1.8 -- can we hear it boosted significantly? I'd love to compare!
EMBERTONE

Obsessive Instrument Sampling

www.embertone.com
info@embertone.com
Elevate Your Sound

stian wrote:I wouldn't agree that version 1.8 sacrifices pristine noise reduction.
I don't mean to "start anything", I just mean to clarify for the record, this thread was never about opinion. It is about measurable results.

One is cleaner than the other. Heheh. I'm guessing I don't need to tell you which image is which version. :wink:
(animated gif)
acon_digital_1.7v1.8.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

All righty…

Ya'll got my curiosities. ;)

I've tried 1.7 and 1.8 and RX5 Advanced.

It seems that with 1.8's Variable Attack and Release and the Soft Knee, that 1.8 can not Nuke the Noise as 1.7 did before.

But 1.8 is so smooth…

Damn !!! LOL.

RX can Nuke the noise completely out, but it jacks with the transient/attack of the sample.

Damn again !!!

If 1.7 and 1.8 can be smeared together, I think we have a winner.

And like Embertone and Architeuthis, I am also involved in Soundware Development.

Stian, if you can interpret what we are asking about and implement it, you win the NR wars !!! :tu: For the work we do, NR is a REALLY big deal.

Thanks,

ANt.
It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic

I'm sorry for my late reply. It's busy here at Acon Digital at the time being... :)

I concatenated the original, Elan's version processed with v1.7.3 and my version processed with v1.8. Here is the resulting spectrogram:

The audio file is here:
https://acondigital.com/audio/DeNoise-Comparisions.wav

I also created a boosted version as requested by adding a 32 dB boost and limiting at 0 dBFS as requested. Here's the result:
https://acondigital.com/audio/DeNoise-C ... -Boost.wav

Best,
Stian

Stian,

Cool. What settings did you use?

Thanks,

ANt.
It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic

here is my processing with RX6Advanced :
http://allvoid.com/div/DeNoise-RX6.wav

Hi Stian,

I think our friend, ankely, has a terrific suggestion here . .

I too am inclined to agree that version 1.7 was generally better at noise reduction. Version 1.8 is wonderful at transient preservation. Somewhere in the middle would be best for everyone, perhaps?
ankely wrote:All righty…

Ya'll got my curiosities. ;)

I've tried 1.7 and 1.8 and RX5 Advanced.

It seems that with 1.8's Variable Attack and Release and the Soft Knee, that 1.8 can not Nuke the Noise as 1.7 did before.

But 1.8 is so smooth…

Damn !!! LOL.

RX can Nuke the noise completely out, but it jacks with the transient/attack of the sample.

Damn again !!!

If 1.7 and 1.8 can be smeared together, I think we have a winner.

And like Embertone and Architeuthis, I am also involved in Soundware Development.

Stian, if you can interpret what we are asking about and implement it, you win the NR wars !!! :tu: For the work we do, NR is a REALLY big deal.

Thanks,

ANt.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Hi Bro. Charles,
Brother Charles wrote:Hi Stian,

I think our friend, ankely, has a terrific suggestion here . .

I too am inclined to agree that version 1.7 was generally better at noise reduction. Version 1.8 is wonderful at transient preservation. Somewhere in the middle would be best for everyone, perhaps?
Sorry for my late reply -- I just returned from vacations. It's a bit tricky to get something in the middle, but we will try to come up with a solution that allows even more reduction.

Best,
Stian

If that's not possible, perhaps an option to switch between v1.7 and v1.8. But call it something more appropriate.

vectorwarrior wrote:If that's not possible, perhaps an option to switch between v1.7 and v1.8. But call it something more appropriate.
I'm thinking about a solution to this -- hopefully, I'll find a way to combine the two...

Best,
Stian

@stian, i know you guys from AconDigital, will goes crazy, but can you consider do also for declick ? i had similar experience i mentioned here where we discuss about: viewtopic.php?f=218&t=472341. I using both dll's 1.6, and 1.8. but still 1.6 decrackle does some magic, and sometimes i use both algorithms on for example different ond mid and side channels..

Hi!
shon3i wrote:@stian, i know you guys from AconDigital, will goes crazy, but can you consider do also for declick ? i had similar experience i mentioned here where we discuss about: viewtopic.php?f=218&t=472341. I using both dll's 1.6, and 1.8. but still 1.6 decrackle does some magic, and sometimes i use both algorithms on for example different ond mid and side channels..
Would it be possible to send me a PM with examples? It's only the decrackle you're asking for and not the declick part, right?

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”