Satin as MixFX for Studio One

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any plans to make Satin available as a MixFX for Studio One? Like Softube did with their new Tape plugin?

Nope. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

I still dont understand that MixFX feature. How does it work?

Adds effects directly into the summing engine of the DAW.

#rob wrote:Nope. :)
Why not? Would be a great colab Presonus & U-he.. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I'd love to have crosstalk & other artifacts shared across multiple instances, and we already thought about that. But thing is, we're making plugins that are supposed to be API & OS transparent, which means they should give consistent and predictable results using any DAW. Binding oneself to a specific host is counter-productive, IMO.
I'd be happy if APIs would support such a thing as interchanging arbitrary buffers along instances, synchronized and time-aligned etc., but alas, this is not the case.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Thank you for the explanation Sascha! In my very amateurish pov of those things i thought it's an increment not a constraint.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

In the case of Softube Tape it is an extra, as you can choose whether you insert it directly on tracks or as an MixFX.
You can't group different instances as I think Satin does.

EvilDragon wrote:Adds effects directly into the summing engine of the DAW.
Still dont get it :-(

Then you don't need it. :P

EvilDragon wrote:Then you don't need it. :P
What makes you so sure? maybe ill find a use of this feature once i understand it. But as far as im reading its nothing different then a simple send bus. Please enlighten me, i really dont get it.

It's not a send bus at all.

It simply changes the way DAW's engine sums data between channels/tracks. So let's say: 2+2=5. :D

Elektronisch wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Adds effects directly into the summing engine of the DAW.
Still dont get it :-(
From https://www.presonus.com/press/press-re ... dio-One-32
>>>
The biggest news in version 3.2 is Mix Engine FX, a new plug-in paradigm exclusive to Studio One Professional that can modify or bypass and replace Studio One’s native mix engine. In contrast to conventional plug-ins that must be inserted independently on each channel, with limited or no interoperability, Mix Engine FX can process every channel routed through a bus, both individually at the source and at their summing point. Any bus, including the main stereo bus, can have its own Mix Engine FX assigned, allowing for limitless sonic possibilities.
<<<

So instead of adding a console/tape emulation plugin on each channel, you add one MixFX plugin to the master (or other bus) channel of these tracks. MixFX also takes effects like crosstalk between the individual tracks into account.

Return to “u-he”