The Washington Post laments the death of the electric guitar

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 230f88874e

And it's YOUR fault, you lazy bedroom producers.

Learn to write endless, pointless, tasteless 10 minute guitar solos, you slackers!

He says that the company has a strategy designed to reach millennials. The key, Mooney says, is to get more beginners to stick with an instrument they often abandon within a year. To that end, in July the company will launch a subscription-based service it says will change the way new guitarists learn to play through a series of online tools.
LOL! Are you kids the ones driving this subscription bullshit?

If I had to pick a career with a future right now I'd take guitarist over journalist. Just sayin'...
Image Image Image Image

Pfft. Electric guitars are far from dying, let alone guitars in general. Last I checked, the guitar was still among the Top 3 most popular instruments to be learned/played among youngsters.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

This article is even better with the knowledge that Jeff Bezos literally thinks owning WaPo is philanthropy.

Anyone who doesn't want their electric guitars anymore can send them to me, especially if they come with these names on the headstocks:

Gibson;
Fender;
Hamer;
PRS;
Rickenbacker;

I will make sure they get good homes. :hyper:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I don't think so, its the easiest instrument to learn except for the Ukelele, but a Ukelele won't get you laid. Of course the Ukelele is the natural instrument for topknot bearded twots.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Oh hell f**k no.
I'm just getting started. :evil:

VariKusBrainZ wrote: but a Ukelele won't get you laid..
It can if you live in Hawaii, probably other places as well...

neverwhere2410 wrote:This article is even better with the knowledge that Jeff Bezos literally thinks owning WaPo is philanthropy.
:lol:
No auto tune...

guess I'm glad I can build my own :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

sprnva wrote:If I had to pick a career with a future right now I'd take guitarist over journalist. Just sayin'...
Fairly true.

pekbro wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote: but a Ukelele won't get you laid..
It can if you live in Hawaii, probably other places as well...
You own it girl :tu:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I'm actually pretty tired of the guitar, have been for years. I prefer keys now. Although recently I've been interested in buying another electric to give me some contrast from my purely Gibson stable.

I keep getting distracted by all these cheaper models, from fender and others. Having some difficulty finding the real deal "American" Fender for instance, in the style I want. Seems like they neglect the premiums for the knock offs a bit nowdays.

@VariKus* sry no girl here. I also don't play or own an ukulele.

Guitar Player laments the death of the Washington Compost (according to anonymous sources).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”