Aaltovista - for Aalto - is here (finally)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on my third Aalto bank, this time it's a bit different from my previous 2 banks which were more focussed (mainly on drones, self generating and ambient sounds) - this one aims for as wide a variety of sounds as possible (hence the name). So there will be some dissonant clanky stuff (hey this is Aalto), but also guitars/pluckers, leads, pads, woodwinds, invented instruments, soundscapes and soundscrapes, even some basses.

I will post demo's in this thread as things progress.

Just a reminder that my previous Aalto banks are Drone Machines (pay what you want with a generous 20 preset free demo bank) and Clouds and Clocks (donationware).
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sorry been a bit slow updating this as I got distracted by purchasing Kaivo but I will try and get some more of these done over the weekend.

Where did the time go? Anyway I have about half of these made now - at this rate maybe they will be out Xmas time? :hihi:

OK I'm going to release this as is and then add to it when I have time - problem is I keep getting distracted by other plugins (like Loom and Kaivo):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... ovista.zip

33 patches at the moment but I will keep updating it as time goes by

Free for your own use but if you want to encourage further development there is a donation link at the top of my sound design page on my website.

Added some draft patches to this while I was making patches for Drone Machines that didn't seem to fit that bank so will finetune them tomorrow and release an update.

Such an amazing synth - it's almost impossible not to find new avenues to explore (as long as you are happy to experiment)

OK here's the update - now 64 patches. More eclectic than the other 2 banks - a bit of everything (but still pretty West Coasty and experimental but also some nice strings etc).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdnsmvpaj2oau ... a.zip?dl=0

Free for casual use, optional donation link on my website

This is one of the new patches (an evolution of my 'UnMerry Go Round' patch from Clouds and Clocks called 'UnMerrily goes Round the Bend')

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aigc7jqazj3jy ... d.mp3?dl=0

this demonstrates the level of live interactivity available in many of these patches (in all 3 banks). At startup the patch will just generate its own sound and carry on indefinitely but if you start playing notes it has feedback paths that will incorporate those into the evolving sound and play with you responsively. Also with this patch I'm using MW to enable the rhythm/sequence to be slowed or speeded up (and of course you can also redraw that in realtime). Most patches also use aftertouch.

Thanks, Amused. I'm gonna download these and check 'em out! 8)

Just a reminder that as well as this bank and Drone Machines there is also my second bank - Clouds and Clocks

viewtopic.php?f=257&t=398930&p=5808902& ... s#p5808902

Anyone tried the new patches? I was rather pleased with UnMerrily goes Round the Bend in particular.

Yeah, I've just began to explore Aalto and its strange sound capabilities. Your soundsets are inspiring starting points. Thx!

Return to “Soundware”