Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Not sure I have a Flux account and can't find anywhere to login
I don't think there is a Flux account. You just have to punch in your iLok ID at the store site and it will update the prices accordingly.
Damn, then it looks like I'm out of luck,
I guess cos I bought 2nd hand
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Numanoid wrote:@Uncle E

I tried to get in touch with JRR shop several times on Twitter over the last couple of weeks.

Do JRR Shop not answer questions on Twitter only on Fanbridge ?

I am interested to know why I can't buy Komplete Update as a downloadable product via JRR Shop?

I only get listed possiblity to ship it by snailmail when I put in my basket. But as NI themselves sell it as a download, why can't third party sellers do the same?
Through PM here on KVR, I also asked Uncle E if it was possible to purchase a download version of the K11U update. So, last week, I acted as a "test dummy" for Uncle E and his crew and purchased the K11U update. It was pretty straightforward. Eric sent me the serial by email. Then, using the NI Native Access utility, I was able to enter that serial at the "+ Add Serial" prompt, moments later all the NI products that I didn't already have installed appeared under the "Not Installed" heading.

I went ahead and downloaded and installed three of the smaller packages, just to verify functionality. It all worked fine with the following exception: On my Win7 Pro x64 machine, the Native Access utility would not install multiple products in a single batch. It kept locking up on whatever the second package was selected, leaving an incomplete installation of the second. I was able to workaround it by closing Native Access, re-opening, then re-installing the failed product. So, I found it best to close, and re-open, Native Access between installations. A minor annoyance, but something I could live with. I have not tried, yet, to identify the root cause.

I wasn't sure if JRRShop was going to go through with offering the K11 updates for download, so earlier today I asked Eric for permission to share the above experience. Obviously, he gave permission, but also mentioned that links to purchase downloadable K11 updates will be appearing very shortly on JRRShop. <---EDIT: Fixed misspelling

:phones:
Last edited by EdSevered on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Numanoid wrote:I tried to get in touch with JRR shop several times on Twitter over the last couple of weeks.
Sorry, we don't respond to Twitter.
I am interested to know why I can't buy Komplete Update as a downloadable product via JRR Shop?
www.jrrshop.com/native-instruments

EdSevered wrote:

I tried to get in touch with JRR shop several times on Twitter over the last couple of weeks.

I only get listed possiblity to ship it by snailmail when I put in my basket. But as NI themselves sell it as a download, why can't third party sellers do the same?
Through PM here on KVR, I also asked Uncle E if it was possible to purchase a download version of the K11U update. So, last week, I acted as a "test dummy" for Uncle E and his crew and purchased the K11U update. It was pretty straightforward. Eric sent me the serial by email. Then, using the NI Native Access utility, I was able to enter that serial at the "+ Add Serial" prompt, moments later all the NI products that I didn't already have installed appeared under the "Not Installed" heading.

I went ahead and downloaded and installed three of the smaller packages, just to verify functionality. It all worked fine with the following exception: On my Win7 Pro x64 machine, the Native Access utility would not install multiple products in a single batch. It kept locking up on whatever the second package was selected, leaving an incomplete installation of the second. I was able to workaround it by closing Native Access, re-opening, then re-installing the failed product. So, I found it best to close, and re-open, Native Access between installations. A minor annoyance, but something I could live with. I have not tried, yet, to identify the root cause.

I wasn't sure if JRRShop was going to go through with offering the K11 updates for download, so earlier today I asked Eric for permission to share the above experience. Obviously, he gave permission, but also mentioned that links to purchase downloadable K11 updates will be appearing very shortly on JJRShop.

I asked the same question via JRR support and got the answer that NI didn't allow them to do so. I have to buy the box + shipping so i went to NI directly to buy the download. I don't understand why it's now possible and in my case not. Don't get me wrong i'm glad you get it but not funny for me to read now that it was possible.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote:
EdSevered wrote:

I wasn't sure if JRRShop was going to go through with offering the K11 updates for download, so earlier today I asked Eric for permission to share the above experience. Obviously, he gave permission, but also mentioned that links to purchase downloadable K11 updates will be appearing very shortly on JJRShop.

I asked the same question via JRR support and got the answer that NI didn't allow them to do so. I have to buy the box + shipping so i went to NI directly to buy the download. I don't understand why it's now possible and in my case not. Don't get me wrong i'm glad you get it but not funny for me to read now that it was possible.
I think Uncle E simply read the serial from the box and sent it to him. Maybe at the time you ask, they weren't brave enough to try it (hence the 'test dummy' thing)

ghettosynth wrote:So, tell me I'm crazy?
Not crazy. There are so many better SSL's out there now, IMO.

mladi wrote:I asked the same question via JRR support and got the answer that NI didn't allow them to do so. I have to buy the box + shipping so i went to NI directly to buy the download. I don't understand why it's now possible and in my case not. Don't get me wrong i'm glad you get it but not funny for me to read now that it was possible.
Sorry, we didn't know at that time.

Uncle E,
I'd like to get confirmation on how this works with you. I plan to buy K11U update AND K11 update next week on the 30th from you.

But are you selling only the shipping version and so sending me my serial numbers ahead of time? And still shipping out the boxes? If so, that's cool. I wouldn't mind receiving hard drives too.

Or are these just the download version and I'm paying for a serial number that I can input into my NI account to automatically update my K9U and K7?

Thanks.

shidostrife wrote:
mladi wrote:
EdSevered wrote:

I think Uncle E simply read the serial from the box and sent it to him. Maybe at the time you ask, they weren't brave enough to try it (hence the 'test dummy' thing)
Yes, this. Earlier in this thread, Uncle E mentioned that he was working on trying to determine whether JRR could sell the download versions of the NI K11 updates and that he needed a "guinea pig". A few days later, I decided to buy the K11U update, so while I really wanted the download version, I also wanted the JRR "in cart" discount and I was going to buy it regardless, so I volunteered to test his plan and report back my experience.

My post above covers the rest of the story.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

On another topic, I'd posted about UAD's overpricing. Another great point is the size of their GUIs.

Here's a great review saying exactly that. https://youtu.be/7ILO283GDiY?t=11m57s

UAudio. Please lower your prices. I'm only interested in your plugs if they're mostly under $50 now. And maybe $99 for the bigger ones.

And please update your GUIs so they aren't teeny tiny on 4k screens.

Rational wrote:Uncle E,
I'd like to get confirmation on how this works with you
PM sent

Rational wrote:On another topic, I'd posted about UAD's overpricing. Another great point is the size of their GUIs.

Here's a great review saying exactly that. https://youtu.be/7ILO283GDiY?t=11m57s

UAudio. Please lower your prices. I'm only interested in your plugs if they're mostly under $50 now. And maybe $99 for the bigger ones.

I'm actually more concerned about their extremely expensive dongles known as their DSP interfaces. Native systems are much more convenient and their performance is a lot more competitive.

masterhiggins wrote:I'm actually more concerned about their extremely expensive dongles known as their DSP interfaces. Native systems are much more convenient and their performance is a lot more competitive.
Well, give the devil their due, with the recent price drops, an OCTO is really not badly priced for the amount of power it provides. Mac Pro users aren't helped much by it but that's a huge boost for iMac and MacBook users.

Speaking of overpriced hardware, iMac Pro, anyone?

Uncle E wrote:
mladi wrote:I asked the same question via JRR support and got the answer that NI didn't allow them to do so. I have to buy the box + shipping so i went to NI directly to buy the download. I don't understand why it's now possible and in my case not. Don't get me wrong i'm glad you get it but not funny for me to read now that it was possible.
Sorry, we didn't know at that time.
Thank you for the response.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Rational wrote:On another topic, I'd posted about UAD's overpricing. Another great point is the size of their GUIs.

Yuk, I discontinue to support UAD for now.

The phone line once supported budget users if coupon system wasn`t considered fair,
so on half year sales it was my ticket to get desired plugins.

Now no longer possible and they come with ridiculous 25EU coupons
and I was with them since UAD-1 and a good amount of addititional purchases !

If coupons then appropriate and not a slap in the face, this really hurts.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”