Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

spacekid wrote:Hi Peter, I Don't have time to reread the whole thread so I'll just ask: How will sampletank read the new effects? will the new effects be added to sampletank in an update, or something like that? I've already made my purchase :) Will it 'drop' July 1st on the nose? -thanks
Hi, sorry I haven't replied to this I have to check if the new chorus will be added to SampleTank 3 when the engine is updated. Also, it will not be right on July 1st but during the month of July in which I do not yet have an exact date.

Edit - yes, the new FX (and the new filters) will be in the SampleTank 3 update.

murnau wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...and US dealers would need to charge the appropriate VAT for your location even for digital delivery by law.
JRR never charge VAT regardless where the customer lives (at least i know that 100% for Germany). :tu:
I have sometimes wondered how the EU (or Germany or the UK or ...) would get the collected VAT from an American company.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
murnau wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...and US dealers would need to charge the appropriate VAT for your location even for digital delivery by law.
JRR never charge VAT regardless where the customer lives (at least i know that 100% for Germany). :tu:
I have sometimes wondered how the EU (or Germany or the UK or ...) would get the collected VAT from an American company.
That's what I questioned since this all started. I simply suspect they don't, and that companies that collect VAT simply get an extra profit. But I would gladly accept proof that I am wrong :help:
Actually, VAT is "per country", therefore, the vendor would have to send funds to whichever country their customers live in. I think there is some Eu agenc that was supposed to take care of this, but I doubt things are working.

I even doubt that VAT I pay to other european vendors (and that legally should be delivered to my country) will reach it.
Fernando (FMR)

those that do collect VAT usually use third-party payment systems which add VAT automatically.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
spacekid wrote:Hi Peter, I Don't have time to reread the whole thread so I'll just ask: How will sampletank read the new effects? will the new effects be added to sampletank in an update, or something like that? I've already made my purchase :) Will it 'drop' July 1st on the nose? -thanks
Hi, sorry I haven't replied to this I have to check if the new chorus will be added to SampleTank 3 when the engine is updated. Also, it will not be right on July 1st but during the month of July in which I do not yet have an exact date.

Edit - yes, the new FX (and the new filters) will be in the SampleTank 3 update.
thanks :) Sounds great. Didn't notice before that 2 of your pianos add a convolution impulse response to Sampletank until the other day. I may have to buy one just for that. I love that sampletank is expanding over time. It makes all those samples I've converted go far. -thanks

spacekid wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:

thanks :) Sounds great. Didn't notice before that 2 of your pianos add a convolution impulse response to Sampletank until the other day. I may have to buy one just for that. I love that sampletank is expanding over time. It makes all those samples I've converted go far. -thanks
Thanks for the kind words. That convolution reverb effect was quite a nice addition when SampleTank 3 came out.

While the new Ensemble chorus is a great addition, a unique offering in Syntronik will be the "Wall of Doom" modular which you can see in the one photo on the Syntronik web page, and you can see here in a reconfigured format:

...and in another shot, configured as you see on our site as well as other synths that are in Syntronik:

In this case we didn't just borrow a massive modular, but have the person who has recorded and performed with this monster for years at the helm.

Question for those who might know / remember from past IK presales. I do not like purchasing products without really understanding what they can do, either though a demo version or a really in depth walkthrough video, and IK currently does not have either. So I'm wondering, in the past when IK presale products, do they ever offer demo versions before the presale ends? Do they even give warnings about when the presale ends or is it just one day gone? I know they had a similar promotion when Amplitube 4 was announced, but I dont remember if they had a demo before the presale ended, or if they had an official "end date" that you could still get it on presale. This does look really promising, I would just hate to preorder only to find out its "not for me."
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

i did two preorders with IK - for SampleTank 3 and for MODO Bass. if i remember correctly, both had their intro price extended for about a week after the product was released and the demo was available. this naturally pissed a lot of people off (since IK stated that the price will go up on release), but that has happened twice now. i wouldn't be surprised if it happened again, but since there's no official statement from IK about this, i would be wary to count on it.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Weird how having a demo version available during a pre-release sale pissed people off! IMO I dont get how anyone can purchase anything without really knowing what they will be getting or how it will work in their studio, but I guess some people like to live life on the edge. :) Hopefully we can get an official word as I would imagine I'm not the only one sitting on the sidelines waiting for a demo and/or proper walkthrough / patch creation video. Even if its just a couple days before release or just a single synth group, it would be nice to have a playable demo version so we can experience how the product would work and make an educated buying decision.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

+100

IKmultimedia- PLEASE for the love of God, have a demo version available DURING your presale sale price period....at least for a week please. I and a lot of others will not be buying this without a demo, but also would not buy it for full price after liking the demo....especially when it was just on sale days earlier. Please give us a week to demo it and pick it up for the great sales price.....otherwise myself, and I would guess many others, will have to wait until who knows how long for your next sale to purchase it. Thanks in advance for considering this.

LGK_Dude wrote:Weird how having a demo version available during a pre-release sale pissed people off!
nothing weird about that, it's just a dick move. when you claim "price will go up on release", you're putting pressure on people, as now they have a choice - either pay less but risk getting a product that is not up to their satisfaction (with no ability to get a refund IIRC, Peter please correct me if i'm wrong), or wait but risk paying more. when you promise the price will go up and then go back on that promise, people who did take that risk are understandably pissed off, because those who waited are now in a position of advantage, while loyal customers miss out on a chance to try out the software before they make a buying decision, because they were told they wouldn't get that chance.
LGK_Dude wrote:IMO I dont get how anyone can purchase anything without really knowing what they will be getting or how it will work in their studio, but I guess some people like to live life on the edge.
that's the whole idea of a preorder sale - you may not get it, but some people choose to take that risk, for whatever reasons. the problem is not preorder sale, or the availability of a demo. the problem is pressuring people into buying by telling them they won't get another chance at this price, and then giving others that another chance.

IK may see this as "giving more people a chance to buy Syntronik at this amazing price", and that's fair enough, but these decisions shouldn't be made on the spot - either tell everyone that the preorder price will be available after release right away, or don't extend the preorder price after release. this is not the same as "extending the sale", as sales are for products which are already released, so you know what you're getting.

If they did any of the above it would gut their pre-release sales. Nobody would pre-order until the demo was available.

Of course, not everyone does it this way. Uhe releases their products as a public beta in weeks/months leading up to the introductory period.

The only thing that you have to think about, beyond your own desire or need for the product, is whether or not you trust the company enough to deliver on their promises based on your past experiences? If so, it's probably not a lot of risk. If you don't like that sort of risk framework, then choose companies that don't use those policies.

Logically, at least IMO, you're going to make fewer sales this way than if you had a demo during the pre-order period.

Take myself as an example. Even though I am on the fence about the whole thing because of the basic "preset player" architecture, with a demo during the pre-order, I could at least get my hands on it and see what it can do. It might get me excited enough to actually buy it.

But without that, once it goes on sale for the regular price, depending on how much more I'd have to pay for it, there is no way I even care about demoing it anymore. If I could have had it for $69 a day before and now the best I can do is something like $149 or whatever it's going to cost, the difference is so great that I wouldn't even consider it. To me, it would be like throwing $80 away.

So that's a potential lost sale any way you look at it.

And I have to believe there are many potential customers out there just like me who aren't going to put money down on something without even knowing if it's going to work properly on their system.

I respect 1K's decision to do this. I'm sure there thinking is that the low, low price is so amazing that enough people will buy it blindly to justify alienating the rest.

But I can't help but wonder how many more sales they would have made if everybody could have demo'd it (even if for just 24 hours) before making their decision.

Guess we'll never know.

Return to “Instruments”