TBProAudio releases dpMeter II - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin including Loudness Matching

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
dpMeter 2

Once you set -3dB, play the song. After the song finishes playing, Shift + Clic on the Maximum True Peak read number (the one that appears at it's right, not the -3dB you put).

Ah, the shift fixed everything. Maybe the manual should say shift + click and not only click then :-)

Thanks!

The manual isn't updated, I don't know why.

midi_transmission wrote:
Loudness/peak/TP match

By clicking on measurement descriptions the current value with be matched with the
reference level.
Example: Max Peak (RMS) shows -6 dBFS, reference level shows -1 dBFS. If you click now
on the text "Max Peak", the gain value is automatically set to (+)5 dB. Now Max Peak should
show -1 dBFS.
This is very handy if you want to set the loudness/peak/TP to a certain reference level with
just a mouse click.
This doesn't work here in ableton live /windows. I set up a ref level (-3dbfs) and click on "maximum peak". Nothing happens. I expected that the qain is adjustet so that "maximum peak" would be -3db after that. Any idea or do I understand it wrong?
Please try shift+click.

Update to V1.2.8: RMS/EBU, corrected unit labels if offset active (dB/dBFS/LU/LUFS)

Hi TBProAudio,

just wanted to try out the plugins automation recording feature.
But I wasn't able to figure out how I could only install the 64 bit VST3 alone and not the rest of the pack as well.
Therefore I did not install anything at all.
Any way to get only the stuff I want and not just everything?
MeldaProduction has check boxes next to the Folder Selectors for VST2, VST3,...

Best Regards
] Peter:H [

] Peter:H [ wrote:Hi TBProAudio,

just wanted to try out the plugins automation recording feature.
But I wasn't able to figure out how I could only install the 64 bit VST3 alone and not the rest of the pack as well.
Therefore I did not install anything at all.
Any way to get only the stuff I want and not just everything?
MeldaProduction has check boxes next to the Folder Selectors for VST2, VST3,...

Best Regards
] Peter:H [
Just click through the setup pages and use the default values. On the page "select components" just select 32-bit VST3 Plugin!

- del -

I made a mistake. Request is solved.

Update to 1.2.9:Fix for Reason 9.5 compatibility, TP Measurement optimizations

The A-weighting filter doesn't seem accurate at high frequencies, is this because of bilinear transform? Even if I set project sample rate to 192 kHz, the meter measures -16.3 dB at 20 kHz, while it should be -9.3 dB.

(https://archive.org/stream/gov.law.ansi ... 9/mode/1up has the correct values up to 100 kHz, which can also be checked on http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-dba-spl.htm)
Last edited by Endolith on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endolith wrote:The A-weighting filter doesn't seem accurate at high frequencies...
Thank you for this, we will have a look.

Update 1.3.0:
- A/B/C-Weighting adjusted for better performance from 10k-100k

Endolith wrote:The A-weighting filter doesn't seem accurate at high frequencies, is this because of bilinear transform? Even if I set project sample rate to 192 kHz, the meter measures -16.3 dB at 20 kHz, while it should be -9.3 dB.

(https://archive.org/details/gov.law.ansi.s1.4.1983 has the correct values up to 100 kHz, which can also be checked on http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-dba-spl.htm)
Once again thank you for pointing this out. In deed we used a biquad digital design to approximate the high cut filter which gives a lesser performance from 10k to 22kHz than the "ideal" curves.

We revised this design by using analog style filters (from CS-3301) which gives now a much better performance from 10k to 100k for all weighting filters including A-Weighting. The filter curves are described here.

TB-ProAudio wrote:Update 1.3.0:
- A/B/C-Weighting adjusted for better performance from 10k-100k
Nice :D

The A-weighting curve looks much better now for sine wave input, thanks! (My Python implementation has the same problem, which I haven't fixed yet. :| )
TB-ProAudio wrote: The filter curves are described here.
I noticed the A curve is 3 dB up from the B and C curves at 1 kHz, though?

The spec I linked before has them all the same at 1 kHz (Table IV), same as Wikipedia's graph. Whether that should be 0 dB or -3 dB in your software, I don't know. Probably A should be dropped -3 dB to make it consistent with unweighted/B/C, and "RMS Averaged + 3dB" setting can be used to normalize any of them back up? I've always been confused about the conflicting definitions of dBFS/dBov.

Return to “Effects”