Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Urs wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:So, is it too soon to ask for any audio snippets of new Z3 technology? (desperately trying to make this a thread about zebra 3 again)
Slightly too soon... even though I'm about to hit "save" for some of the reverb ideas I have stumbled upon :clown:
Those new reverbs have me excited. I've always struggled with Z2's verb and tend to copy ideas from other patches (mostly Howie's wizardly incantations). Urs, I think you mentioned before that (almost) all modules in Z3 will have presets. Is this still the plan? I do love the idea of snagging a custom LFO, delay setup, Reverb, or MMap...

And I'm interested to hear some filter sweeps from the revised filter algorithms and higher-resolution OSCs. Any breadcrumbs are welcome!

And I did have one other question: do you have new plans for XYs/macro controls? I recall posts in the past indicating you have changed some of your thoughts on these since Zebra's initial release.

Thanks for the transparency. :)
Feel free to call me Brian.

The new oscillators simply don't exist yet...

Module presets everywhere, like in Hive, yes.

XYs - We might make them modulation sources (like in next rev of ZebraHZ) and merge their parameter mapping into the ModMatrices. This would unify the two concepts, and with some clever curve stuff and setup macros... might do the trick and get more out of Zebra.

Urs wrote:XYs - We might make them modulation sources (like in next rev of ZebraHZ)
Ooh so ZebraHZ going to get something extra that will not be in Vanilla Zebra. :D That's clever...it will encourage a few more people to get HZ before 3 comes out. :tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:
Urs wrote:XYs - We might make them modulation sources (like in next rev of ZebraHZ)
Ooh so ZebraHZ going to get something extra that will not be in Vanilla Zebra. :D That's clever...it will encourage a few more people to get HZ before 3 comes out. :tu:
It's a small thing which Hans requested for his concept for Dunkirk. I don't know if he ended up using it.

Urs wrote:It's a small thing which Hans requested for his concept for Dunkirk. I don't know if he ended up using it.
Nice. It'll be awesome to scale modulations with them =). (That and use with mmappers/ mmixers.)

This has me thinking about the orb in Omnisphere, and how I've always found it nifty, if only rather difficult to implement in a project. (Obviously called it Orb for the orbiting behavior of the cursor or ball for lack of a better term.) Options for other behaviors would be nice such as bouncing or rather introducing gravity pulls/ pushes to/ from specific sides with envelopes or other mod sources.

I wholly expect that this is well beyond the scope of Zebra, but I'd be curious to know if you've thought about implementing such things. If you'd rather just respond by suggesting I go purchase an iPad and Lemur, it'll have been expected. :clown:

Also, while we can't post any audio, here are some early design studies for some of the new concepts...

Basti has a bit of time on his hands while we're waiting for the new preset browser to mature 8)

Looks like awesome sauce! So hyped :hyper: :party: :lol: :o

i'm losing it rn. ugh..I can't wait ><;; :help:

seriously looking awesome ='')

I'd like to preorder now, just to have a warm, fuzzy, multi-scene feeling :hihi:

Urs wrote:Also, while we can't post any audio, here are some early design studies for some of the new concepts...

Basti has a bit of time on his hands while we're waiting for the new preset browser to mature 8)

OMG...could be straight out of my dreams.
The bad thing....makes the wait even more painful.
However, that looks like some really wonderful workflow and new options to sculpture sounds.
Oh, and the GUI looks very nice too. I like :tu:
Edit: And i forgot to say that i really appreciate the transparent approach.
Some companies like to make secrets of everything and hype and makes announcements of announcements etc. but U-he stands out really.
Thank you for that. I hate to sound like a fan-boy from anything but it is like it is.
So....what about Zebra 4 :D

Cinebient wrote:So....what about Zebra 4 :D
Hey! Calm down. Not until after Diva 2. :hihi:

I don't know what I'm looking at...D-PAD? Scanner? Multi-scene Filter?? All I know is my desire to play with it is very, very strong...

Am I to assume that MSEGs will be first class citizens and will be usable as a lane envelope in Z3?
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote:I don't know what I'm looking at...D-PAD? Scanner? Multi-scene Filter?? All I know is my desire to play with it is very, very strong...
D-Pad... yeah, I didn't know we had these either, but it'll be the interface with which to browse filter types and responses (up/down: filter topology, left/right: dB/octave and lp/hp/bp). In addition, clicking the middle part opens a pop up with all filters on a map.
Am I to assume that MSEGs will be first class citizens and will be usable as a lane envelope in Z3?
That's the plan, but I have to see how it pans out.

Looks awesome indeed.
Is this the Drum Modelling these D-Pads?

edit:
ahh.. u posted whilst I was.... ok.
rsp
sound sculptist

hehehe, yeah, looks like there'll be strong growth in the physical modeling department, but it won't be possible to add a fully complex drum model to Zebra. There'll be *something* though, but we'll also keep the comb modules.

Return to “u-he”