June Contest: Submissions "Little Voice"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Little Voice

The name of the game this month is VOCALS -- vocal samples, vocal tracks, beatboxing, pretty much any noise you can make with your mouth, nose or throat (or any other part of your body that can talk, I guess). No fingers needed (unless you want to make that champagne pop sound with your mouth that I for some reason have never been able to do).

BUT WAIT -- there's more. In a callback to the KVR of yesteryear (and so we don't all go crazy listening to really long a cappella pieces), there is a strict ONE MINUTE time limit on this month's entries.

So -- to recap: any style or genre of music is okay as long as the only sounds used are vocal in nature (using vocal samples is okay, just call out in your submissions post below the source of the samples or a capella tracks you used and yes, you can process the bajeepers out of any vocal sounds you use... in fact, please do) AND it is one minute (or less) in length.

I'm on the fence about allowing vocoders and resynthesized vocals. If you really want to use them go ahead, and we'll just see how everything turns out, I guess.

Submissions MUST follow these rules:

0 - Only vocal sounds (recorded vocals, vocal samples, etc., processing is great and you should use it) a-loud.

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 or .ogg format.

2 - A STRICT MAXIMUM of ONE minute in length. If it shows up as 1:01 in my player, it may get the boot.

3 - entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
1 - knockman
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by early a.m. (US Central Time) Monday, June 26, 2017.

5 - Your entry must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry must be created using at least some audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1706_Somedude_MyMouthSucks.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - No resubmissions without permission from the moderator, INCLUDING for time-overage correction. Please PM me for permission.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until early a.m Sunday, May 1st. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to drapostrophex (that's me, Victor!) or ask in the gossip thread.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Good laugh doing this, whinging lyrics and all.

Had to use envelopes, filters etc and all that weird sinthesiser stuff to try and bend the raw material into something vaguely resembling 'real' instruments. Forgotten how mindbending it is..

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/06- ... alaise.mp3

Anyhow, the malarky;

The guitary thing - East West 'Voices of Passion' (EWVOP from now on..new Bond villanous organisation or something) American lady resampled, mangled, filtered, chopped, amped etc
The electric piano type thing - EWVOP Welsh lady resampled, mangled ..you get the idea. She's also on organ duty.
'Pedal Steel' - EWVOP Syrian lady. Teh frootyloops slide facility in full effect!
'Bass' - Some do-wop thing from Satantank 2 through various effects
Drums - Sam Greene's excellent free beatbox exs24 kit processed heavily
Some sequencing midi assistance from Realitone Fingerpick (no audio, just one of the midi patterns shifted about a bit)
Bit of country stylee vocal moaning on about stuff.

Ooh, this was a tough one...

Wanted to do a track I might normally try to do but with these restrictions.
Fixed Error - Fire (320kbps mp3, 32bit/48k, 59 sec)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2u3ig0aqab3br ... e.mp3?dl=0
https://soundcloud.com/atardecer/fixed-error-fire

About the track:

Drums: 3 Battery Beatbox Kits, for the main beat, breaths for cymbals and and effected kit for perc. With a healthy dose of saturation. One of the kits is modulated in the breakdown with distortion

Bass: The Beatbox kit again, on 2 tracks, one offset modulated for the change. Using Ni's Driver and FabFilter Volcano, distorting the kicks to create a sub resonance.

"Synths": A low distorted vocal stab with widening and filters. In the breakdown it has Volume Shaper for an arp effect. Also a Kwaya African chant shout patch for some gabba FX in the background. The lead line is a Boys Choir Staccato with a step filter and distortion.

"Guitar": these were finger snaps run thru Guitar Rig's ResoChord and automated to follow the tune (hopefully!).

"Pad": a held vocal note put into Padshop Pro for sustain and to make it playable and for pitchbend, some volume shaping for an arp moment. Also a choir from Evolve for more standard vocal. Same track on another track with LoopMash and pitchbending for some spot FX.

Other: A vocal lick sample for effect and ryhthm and a metal Aaaah! shout for a riser.

Some gear used:
Cubase 8.5
Kontakt 5
Battery 4
Padshop Pro
NI Guitar Rig
NI Driver
FabFilter Volcano
Various verbs, EQs, compressor & limiters.
Cableguys VolumeShaper

Think that's about it!

expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

https://soundcloud.com/rollasoc/rollasoc-angelfication

Set myself an hour to do this.

Cubase Pro 9
Main Vocal - Clara (free Kontakt Library) (Noveltech Character to bring out the vocal)
Backing vocals - Clare (free Kontakt Library), Vocalise - Uncanny Valley Patch (PSP L'otery set to tremelo thrown over it)
Pad - Vocalise - Angelflication patch
Bass - Imogen Heap Box of Tricks - Vocal Pad patch (Bx_subfilter on this to bring the bass up)

Reverb - Eventide Blackhole
Cubase EQ to hi, low pass and cut some frequency holes.

PSP Fet Compressor amd Vintage Warmer 2 thrown over the master bus.

Spent too long unsuccessfully trying to incorporae Imogen Heaps vocal drums into the track. Didn't work at all

My entry:
https://soundcloud.com/zippy731/keep-it-in-a-box

Direct download:
https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/32745 ... YYO50NUGpJ

======
Composed in FL Studio 12.4
All vocals from news audio of congressional hearings & press conferences.

Percussion and synth sounds are resampled bits of vocals.

Melda mComb used for one FX send. Otherwise, all FL Studio native FX, mainly distortion, EQ, and reverb/delays.
Just because it's insane doesn't mean it's a bad idea.
------------------------
Before visiting my Youtube channel or Soundcloud, make sure your affairs are in order. You just never know.

It's been a long time since I've entered one of these - let's see how this goes!

http://handsfreecam.com/kvr/1706_spirul ... APlace.mp3

A happy little cliche, made entirely from vocal samples recorded myself, many of them broken down to single cycle samples, and reconstructed in Renoise and Absynth into functional instruments. There's one backing choral pad from a Fairlight library.

:scared: Vocals are not my cup of tea.... :shrug:

Lady of the Swamp

Rising from the swamp
a sword is in your hand
You came to save the world
but end up stuck in mud

1) My Voice
2) Shevannai
3) Vocaloid - Cyber Diva

SW :
Glaceverb, Camel space, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field, Nuclear cranium, Camel Phat, Azurite

https://soundcloud.com/clauderagonnet/nuked-love

Camel Alchemy's vocal banks "Dream Voices" and "Shlomo Beatbox"
Vocals (complete lines + sliced up words)
SoundToys effects
Ozone 7
Live 9

1706_Yeager_MOUTH.jpg
Made in FLStudio :

Soundfonts used : (as is)
Julie's Scats Demo Sf
Julie VocalFX Demo Sf
Soul Oohs Sf
Soul Ahhs Sf

Samples used : (heavily processed)
Fl Beatbox Kit 01 in FPC
4 Vocal samples from Korg Wavestation

Plugins used :
4 x FruitySoundfontPlayer
4 x Fruity Sampler
1 x FPC.

Official DR value: DR5.

Running time 00:00:58

Enjoy.

MOUTH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Once Upon A Time

All vocals/sounds were recorded through my SM57 mic and manipulated in Tracktion 7 using the following plug-ins:-

Tracktion Reverb, Chorus, Compressor, Pitch Shifter, 4-Band EQ, Sampler, Low/High Pass Filter
Master Mix
TDR Nova
Blue Cat Gain
TAL Reverb-2
OldSkoolVerb
GDuckDly
Roth Air
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

https://soundcloud.com/psyerichybrid/not-me/s-NBPti

Everything here is my vocals only, nothing else used, just my natural voice, no process and no synth or vocal library used.

Only reverb and delay added

FX: Fusion field and Soundtoys: EchoBoy
NI Maschine: for playing my vocal sample only

Return to “Music Cafe”