Komplete 11 update sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All downloads are always in your account, unless they changed that in the the last month or so ?
Duh

There might be a tech-head, convoluted way, to save the "temporary" ISOs that Native Access creates in Windows OSs.

1 - Create another Windows user account.
2 - Create a custom folder on your hard drive for Native access downloads.
3 - Adjust the permissions of the new folder to permit read & write access only, for your new Windows account.
4 - "Run as" . . . configure your Native Access shortcut to "Run As" the new Windows user account. The files will be written to the folder you created, but unable to be deleted. Feel free to delete the files yourself using your normal Windows credentials.

I don't know for certain that this will work, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Any NI product prior to Komplete 11 CANNOT be activated using Service Center. I've tried to activate REAKTOR 6 using Service Center and it can't deal with the new product key. It tells me that it's not a correct key. However, Reaktor 6 activates fine in Native Access.

I HATE closed, locked-down C/R protection. I am completely opposed to it. I WILL NOT purchase new NI products while I am stripped of control regarding my own licenced purchases.
Last edited by Brother Charles on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

bungle wrote:All downloads are always in your account, unless they changed that in the the last month or so ?
They have.
If you have older products though, you can find them under "Legacy Downloads", but even that is starting to go to Native Access.
Case in point, last month there was an update for Reaktor (5) to 5.6.8, but when I searched for it under the Legacy section, the latest update you could download was 5.6.6 and doing a search for the 5.6.8 it took me back to requiring Access. It has become the biggest PITA, especially if you install on two machines... because now it takes double of your download allowance or more if (as it often does) doesn't install properly the first time.

Now there is a work-around, which is also a PITA... but still works more consistently and you have an installation file for back-up/multiple offline installs just like it used to be.
Bear in mind they could just as easily give you this link, but instead they still make you use N-Access and work for each and every component.

For those in need of this method...
> follow these steps to obtain a direct download link:
1. Open Native Access and go to Preferences > File locations. Here you can find the currently set Download location:
2. Open File Explorer and navigate to the download location folder from the Preferences.
3. In Native Access, choose the tab Not installed and click INSTALL for the product that you want to obtain a direct download link for.
4. As soon as the download begins press the keys Ctrl + Alt + Del on your computer keyboard at the same time and choose Task Manager from the list:
5. If the Windows User Account Control asks you to allow the program to make changes to your computer, confirm with Yes.
6. Choose Native Access from the list and click End task.
7. Go back to File Explorer and double-click the .toc-file in the folder you navigated to in step 2. In our example the file's name is "nidownload_Hexagon_Highway.toc":
8. If prompted to, choose to open the file with Notepad.
9. In the menu bar of Notepad, choose Format > Word Wrap
10. Select the link between the tags <url type="http"> and </url>
11. Go to the Edit menu and select Copy in order to copy the selected link to the clipboard
12. Open a new internet browser window and paste the link into the address bar, e.g. by pressing Ctrl + C. Hit the Enter key to open the link if needed.
13. Save the .iso-file for your NI download product on your hard drive.

This is from their site which also has images with the instructions.

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... s-Windows-

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... ccess-Mac-

Personally want as little to do with them until they make it right.
Waiting for Komplete Ultimate 12 to see if they make Access work that helps instead of penalizes so many of us.

Very nice! Thanks a million, BBFG. :D
BBFG# wrote: Now there is a work-around, which is also a PITA... but still works more consistently and you have an installation file for back-up/multiple offline installs just like it used to be.
Bear in mind they could just as easily give you this link, but instead they still make you use N-Access and work for each and every component.

1. Open Native Access and go to Preferences > File locations. Here you can find the currently set Download location:
2. Open File Explorer and navigate to the download location folder from the Preferences.
3. In Native Access, choose the tab Not installed and click INSTALL for the product that you want to obtain a direct download link for.
4. As soon as the download begins press the keys Ctrl + Alt + Del on your computer keyboard at the same time and choose Task Manager from the list:
5. If the Windows User Account Control asks you to allow the program to make changes to your computer, confirm with Yes.
7. Go back to File Explorer and double-click the .toc-file in the folder you navigated to in step 2. In our example the file's name is "nidownload_Hexagon_Highway.toc":
11. Go to the Edit menu and select Copy in order to copy the selected link to the clipboard
12. Open a new internet browser window and paste the link into the address bar, e.g. by pressing Ctrl + C. Hit the Enter key to open the link if needed.

Waiting for Komplete Ultimate 12 to see if they make Access work that helps instead of penalizes so many of us.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

BBFG# wrote:
If you have older products though, you can find them under "Legacy Downloads", but even that is starting to go to Native Access.
Case in point, last month there was an update for Reaktor (5) to 5.6.8, but when I searched for it under the Legacy section, the latest update you could download was 5.6.6 and doing a search for the 5.6.8 it took me back to requiring Access. It has become the biggest PITA, especially if you install on two machines... because now it takes double of your download allowance or more if (as it often does) doesn't install properly the first time.

Now there is a work-around, which is also a PITA... but still works more consistently and you have an installation file for back-up/multiple offline installs just like it used to be.

...but even if I did all this on a online computer, could I move it and authorize it on a offline computer which will never be online, nor has any network releated components installed what so ever?

UltimateOutsider wrote:
keyman_sam wrote: Woah wait WHAT. I was thinking of upgrading to K11. So if I install it in my laptop and it's on airplane mode I won't be able to work with it?
No, not at all... your DAW needs to be online when you are activating your software and when checking for updates, but you don't need a connection to use the instruments once activated.

The thing that's different with Native Access is it offers no offline activation like Service Center did, and now a lot of Native Instruments products are only available for download through Native Access rather than through your user account (and Native Access deletes the installers after installing your products), so there's not an easy way to copy downloaded installers to an offline computer anyway. (If you are quick enough, you can copy the temporary ISO files that download during installation and make backups of them before they're automatically deleted.)

Native Access also doesn't display update/patch information like Service Center did, which used to help me decide whether I wanted to risk installing a patch. Now I just never update unless I'm having a problem that I can't solve otherwise. (There are rumors they're going to fix this though.)
Gotcha..phew.thanks for the confirmation.

Well I got the komplete cross grade via tia guo legato (which I already had) to kontakt to
Komplete.

I know I have dissed komplete on here in the past but it's just too good of a deal to pass up. Worth it for reaktor and kontakt alone.

I am fortunate that Native Access has been working very well for me and is a lot easier for me to use than the old service center. I am crossing my fingers that it will stay this way!

I decided to take advantage of the sale and upgrade to Ultimate instead of just "regular." There is a lot of stuff there that I won't use but also quite a bit that is useful and interesting.

I am not exactly sure what to do with the damn voucher though... probably nothing.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I am quite pleased with Native Access too, it is nice to be able to install stuff without having to download all DVD iso's

I had a problem with installing Reaktor 6, but that was because I had forgot to set my preferred VST paths in the preferences.

Luckily, an uninstallation, and a computer restart, was all I needed to install it again, to my preferred VST directories.

any real point in buying the boxed version of K11 instead of just the download? i've always bought the boxed version before (K8 and K9), but they're currently SOLD OUT of the boxed K11 saying it will ship when back in stock.

i think i'm going to settle with K11 Standard instead of Ultimate, as i've already got most of what i'd want from that (Razor, Skanner XT, Molekular, etc) and might go for K12 Ultimate next year. seems like you're easily able to pick and choose what you're like to install from Native Access, so i don't know if i really need the HDD right now. not really in any hurry, i can wait for it to be re-stocked (same deal when i bought K9, though they got it to me pretty quickly), just wondering if you think there might be a real advantage to buying the box/HDD. i do like having the box, etc but don't think i really need it. i'd probably have to update everything anyway, as the version they supply is usually out of date by this point.

thanks!

EDIT: ended up going with the boxed version after all, didn't cost any extra so why not? hopefully it won't take them too long to get it back in stock and ship it out. (??) they were pretty quick about it last time.

I'm glad I bought the box. Beautiful slipcase (I have a thing for cool packaging) and nice all around package. Native Access loads programs/content from the HD unless there is a more current version on-line, in which case it downloads the difference. It saved me quite a bit of bandwidth and time, and I feel like I actually bought something with my money.

I cant order the box at all - greys out the order button..

Wouldnt mind waiting as well and i cant do the download version - hope this can be sorted...

Thanks to whoever mentioned time and space as having the KU upgrade on for 160, that saved me 40 bucks. And indeed they reminded the shipping immediately after asking them to send the serial by email.

i am upgrading to K11 but i started with K5 some years ago, so my question is do i need to insert the CD from K5 to install legacy products or i will find them inside the native access software ?

If the K5 serials are showing in your NI account, no need for anything else afaik :)
Eternitysound VST Banks

Return to “Instruments”