Best metering plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for Peak, rms, k-system, perceived loudness, phase, dynamic range meters.
Any recommendations especially for bundles? Need something accurate.

Whats your budget? Serious question

My favorites:

Blue Cat's DP Meter Pro for peak, RMS, crest factor, and average (peak, rms, crest) and max (peak, rms) over time.
DMG Dualism for phase spectrum, phase meter, and lissajous.
Toneboosters TB_EBULoudness for MLk, SLk, and integrated loudness for in many different standard meter modes.

Dualism also has excellent loudness meters, plus a bunch of other useful tools.

I also use bx_meter in legacy float mode to visualize DR in a different way to BCDPMP.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Standalones are ideal because they are more instant - you don't have to sit through a whole song to get the average loudness etc.

My favs: RX5, Audition

+1 for RX as standalone; it's by far my fave audio editor. Really good analysis tools.

VUMT by far.

wesleyt wrote:+1 for RX as standalone; it's by far my fave audio editor. Really good analysis tools.
I couldn't be without it now - but there is one important thing missing: phase correlation meter. Or maybe they added it in version 6?

I use the Plugin Alliance bx meter and the Nugen one both good
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

DMG Audio Dualism
BX Meter

VPS Scope as magware from CM, pretty nifty.

Flux Pure Analyzer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sexy GUI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
wesleyt wrote:+1 for RX as standalone; it's by far my fave audio editor. Really good analysis tools.
I couldn't be without it now - but there is one important thing missing: phase correlation meter. Or maybe they added it in version 6?
I don't see any phase meter in RX 6. There is a phase rotation tool though.

I neglected to mention that DMG's TrackMeter has most if not all of the meters from Dualism in a lighter, much less expensive package, and is worth a look.

Return to “Effects”