SuperBooth 2017 News: U-he REPRO-5 & Zebra 2.8 Update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro Zebra

Was this post the reason than Numanoid was banned a month long?

martinjuenke wrote:Was this post the reason than Numanoid was banned a month long?
Lol damn I hope not!
If it was, I certainly mean no harm bringing it up again.
I just had a chuckle, but it's odd he was banned around that time (I think) and nobody replied in regard to that post. :scared:

Russell Grand wrote:The resemblance is uncanny!
He does look exactly like my father... :ud:

On another more recent issue: u-he liked my tweet about this, so I think there is no problemo between the Numanoid and u-he:

I am a big fan of Youth.

Why?

The short version: He produced The Verve's Bitter Sweet Symphony.

The long version?: Killing Joke, Brilliant (with Jimi Cauty), The Orb, Paul McCartney and Hallucinogen collaborations, Liquid Sound Design label, etc etc

For all I know he might even have had some productions duties for Pulp...

Computer Music no. 245 asked the question: Which piece of gear or software has most improved your music?

With that pedigree, he is bigging up the same synth I got my hands on :love:

Urs wrote:Hehehe, while we have a vast array of options under the hood, Repro-1 and Repro-5 are about *carefully* chosen enhancements to the underlying circuit models (Sequential basically built their synths on the example circuits that came with the chips they used) as well as to the design concepts of the architecture. The result is supposed to be as close to the references as possible, but offer a few things one would expect from us.

I know that many people think we're over-engineering things all the time, so this time we're extra careful to not make things too complicated. It takes a lot for me to resist the itch!
You could always create a Repro 5 OEM version...
Over
Engineered
Monster

And because it would be way too complex, sell it for 20% less
than the Pro version. Everyone goes home happy! :wink:
Cheers

In case you missed this update:

https://www.gearnews.de/u-he-zeigt-neue ... -konzepte/

So the owners of Dark Zebra, will get the Zebra 3 update free.

I love this tweet from Urs, so I have been saving up when nothing is needed? :o :love:

https://twitter.com/uheplugins/status/8 ... 4344226817

Numanoid wrote:I love this tweet from Urs, so I have been saving up when nothing is needed? :o :love:

:-o

I'll put the upgrade money aside and save for Z3 then 8)

I'm thinking the only way to make this a no brainer would be if the upgrade to Dark Zebra was less than upgrade from Zebra 2 to Zebra 3. If the cost is exactly the same, then the only reason you would do this is if you wanted Dark Zebra. But if Zebra 3 has everything Dark Zebra has and more, then, if you can wait for Zebra 3, there's no real incentive to get Dark Zebra.

However, if the upgrade to Dark Zebra is more than what it costs to upgrade from Zebra 2 to Zebra 3, then it makes no sense at all unless you really want Dark Zebra.

So the only way I would get Dark Zebra now is if the $99 cost is less than what it costs to get Zebra 3 as a Zebra 2 owner.

So, does anybody know the answer to that question yet or is the Zebra 3 price and Zebra 2 to Zebra 3 upgrade price still unknown?

Thanks for sharing.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:I'm thinking the only way to make this a no brainer would be if the upgrade to Dark Zebra was less than upgrade from Zebra 2 to Zebra 3. If the cost is exactly the same, then the only reason you would do this is if you wanted Dark Zebra. But if Zebra 3 has everything Dark Zebra has and more, then, if you can wait for Zebra 3, there's no real incentive to get Dark Zebra.

However, if the upgrade to Dark Zebra is more than what it costs to upgrade from Zebra 2 to Zebra 3, then it makes no sense at all unless you really want Dark Zebra.

So the only way I would get Dark Zebra now is if the $99 cost is less than what it costs to get Zebra 3 as a Zebra 2 owner.

So, does anybody know the answer to that question yet or is the Zebra 3 price and Zebra 2 to Zebra 3 upgrade price still unknown?
Sorry for a not clear wording! I meant to use the money I saved for upgrading R1 to R5 for buying a new license of Z3 (as I don't have Z2).

EnGee wrote:Sorry for a not clear wording! I meant to use the money I saved for upgrading R1 to R5 for buying a new license of Z3 (as I don't have Z2).
Exactly, I understood that right away. I think it is quite clear, the tweet from Urs I linked to is solely about Repro:

"Once Repro-5 comes out there'll just be "u-he Repro" containing 1 & 5. Owners of Repro-1 will be upgraded automatically. Sound good?"

Sound's very good to these ears :hug:

Chapelle wrote:
wagtunes wrote:So, does anybody know the answer to that question yet or is the Zebra 3 price and Zebra 2 to Zebra 3 upgrade price still unknown?
Upgrade price from Zebra2 to Zebra3 will be $30.
Zebra3 price will be $249.

See first post here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=362210
Then in that case, unless you REALLY want Dark Zebra, it makes no sense to get it just to get Zebra 3 for free. I'd rather just spend the $30 than spend $99 for something that I can live without.

EnGee wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I love this tweet from Urs, so I have been saving up when nothing is needed? :o :love:

:-o

I'll put the upgrade money aside and save for Z3 then 8)
yep I'm the guy who asked him

Return to “Instruments”