SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

GreyLion wrote:
I *think* that kv331 stated somewhere upthread that it won't let you load a skin that's too large for your screen. No idea how it knows, or what the decision-making process is.
Yep. The area limits are between 16% and 81%. I might relax that between 15% and 85%.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Two minor issues I just noticed:

1. the magnifying glass icon next to the search field in the preset browser only appears in the default skin.

2. scrolling up/down with your qwerty keyboard arrow buttons in the preset browser only works in VST mode, not in standalone.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:Two minor issues I just noticed:

1. the magnifying glass icon next to the search field in the preset browser only appears in the default skin.

2. scrolling up/down with your qwerty keyboard arrow buttons in the preset browser only works in VST mode, not in standalone.
2.8.10 :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

yeah took me awhile to realise there was still a search field :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote:

Leave room for 2.9 :hihi:

My vote? no new features for the rest of the 2 cycle, save the new stuff for 3.
Spend time fixing all the niggles and bugs for the 2 series...just make it very solid....

rsp
sound sculptist

kv331 wrote:

Thanks! :tu:

Can't wait for 3.0!!! :D :D :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Dasheesh wrote:The filter modules are a mess though here. filter one adn filter two interfere with each others behavior. It's random stuff too. I'm assuming others have reported this.
Oh damn, you're right. A whole bunch of weird going on here, Windows 10 in 64-bit FL Studio. Tried setting up Filter 1 & 2 in series, and Filter 2 won't change out of lowpass, and Trying to change the Filter2 type affects Filter 1 instead. Plus other odd things.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Does this mean that, at present, version 2.8.7 is the best bug-free version?

AJYoung wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:The filter modules are a mess though here. filter one adn filter two interfere with each others behavior. It's random stuff too. I'm assuming others have reported this.
Oh damn, you're right. A whole bunch of weird going on here, Windows 10 in 64-bit FL Studio. Tried setting up Filter 1 & 2 in series, and Filter 2 won't change out of lowpass, and Trying to change the Filter2 type affects Filter 1 instead. Plus other odd things.

I'm thinking he's working back and forth on another release of 2.whatever. and 3 at the same time. I expect he's cleaning all this up and going to throw out another 2.? Before it's over. Thus my comment on version 2.9.

kv331 wrote:
classic wrote:After installing it says can´t find the synthmaster Data files.

Still needs some fixes I think.
delete my documents/synthmaster/synthmasterfolders.txt file and reinstall. Looks like the path in synthmasterfolders.txt file is wrong.
Yeah the newest release doesn't create the syntmasterfolders.txt file, hence the error "can't find synthmaster data files". You'll easily reproduce it by installing synthmaster as a fresh install by uninstalling any previous installations and folders first. I had to create the syntmasterfolders.txt from scratch to get the error to stop. Also selecting 2d1x, 2d1y, 2d2x and 2d2y envelopes are very buggy, it doesn't allow you to select just one and edit it, all edits are linked
instead of individual.

DocShay wrote:Also selecting 2d1x, 2d1y, 2d2x and 2d2y envelopes are very buggy, it doesn't allow you to select just one and edit it, all edits are linked
instead of individual.

I see what you mean there. It doesn't show up until after you assign it and start playing with it.

Hi kv331

Thank You Very Much. :clap:

The new large GUI feature in ver 2.8.9 is making it more fun to program Synthmaster 2 .

Looking forward to Synthmaster 3 :)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

ZeePok wrote: 
Does this mean that, at present, version 2.8.7 is the best bug-free version?
Unfortunately, that seems to be the case. I'm pretty confident in Bulent, he usually works out the bugs given time. But for now I might contact him and request an old installer.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

In my several years experience in dealing with Mr. B he has always been a fast coder. We are all holding our breath waiting for the finalized version but give him a minute. As soon as he can spit it out and be done with 2.? I believe it will be a weight off his shoulders. He may be waiting for all bugs reports before a final release. Or it may be a little more difficult to fix then he expected, or he may be knee deep in something else for a minute, but Mr. B is a smart and experienced coder. It will come.

Return to “Instruments”