If Roland made a D50 vst emulation, would you purchase it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

If Roland made a D50 vst emulation, would you purchase it?

Yes, as long as it was reasonably priced.
45%
Maybe, I would consider purchasing it.
18%
No, I don't have any interest in such a product.
27%
Fish
11%

Total votes: 366

RELATED
PRODUCTS

electro wrote:So it is impossible to buy Roland's Jupiter 8 and D50 VSTInstruments?
In VST format..you can rent it from Roland-Cloud. (No paypal!?)
Or just make an account and get it free.. (The synths still made sound after the month was over, but no log-in to cloud to get more...Make a new account then.)

System-8/Jupiter/Juno do not output sound @96kHz and no patch saving in the vst. (so far)
Problem could be that on the system8 the sequencer is saved with the patch. (vst has no sequencer)
Patches are saved on SD card.
So i dunno what will change. It can also save splits and layers.

96kHz no sound, no problem..
You need the plugin only to visualize the knob setting.
When you have the S8 hardware you can send midi to it and record midi and audio from it. .
= zero CPU tax.
S8 can sync to DAW with start/stop and song-position.
- WonderEcho -

Loved the CL-Projects Linear Galaxy! Man, I sure wish that it could be used with the Roland Cloud D-50. :(

Like some here, I also have no aftertouch on the Cloud D50. The Mod-wheel works however. It does sound great....but not worth paying every month for a subscription IMO. Roland should just give us the choice to buy it. :?

Klinke1 wrote: System-8/Jupiter/Juno do not output sound @96kHz and no patch saving in the vst. (so far)
Concerning patch saving at the moment this is not fully correct.

This is what i posted yesterday after installing the current version v1.03 of Jupiter-8 (bank/patch saving marked with bold letters):
Ingonator wrote:After having started to use the D-50 plugin i just again installed the Jupiter-8 plugin that i alraedy used with the free trial.

The installer like that of the D-50 now also asks for the plugin paths/locations.

The GUI still gets blurred at bigger sizes and CPU use is still high. Both problems do not seem to exist with the D-50 emulation so there is hope that they could at least improve the blurry GUI of the Jupiter-8 (and other plugins).

There is a white "Patch" button which opens a browser like in the D-50 and like there in the D-50 you could create your own banks there.

If you open the browser it is also possible to save the currently loaded patch to a specific location in a new bank. For that you load the desired patch, open the browser, open the new bank (or first create a new one), do a single click at the location where it should be saved and then click on "Write" at the lower right of the browser.

With the D-50 it should work in a comparable way.

Here at Windows 10 you find the bank files (BIN format) saved at C:\ProgramData\Roland Cloud\Jupiter-8

As mentioned earlier those for D-50 are at:
C:\ProgramData\Roland Cloud\D-50

What does not seem to be posible is saving single patch files so you have to save them in a new bank.
As mentioned above there is a way to copy and paste patches between banks.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

no sysex support is totally dumb
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:no sysex support is totally dumb
This would be my major feature request for the D-50 plugin too and hopefully they will add it. At lest they could offer a seperate tool to convert Sysex file to the current bank format (*.bin) of the plugin.

Anyway at least they included 6 preset banks and not just the original 64 factory presets alraedy included with the Anthology 1987 sample library (FWIW the D-50 plugin seems to sound much better with those too...).
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Caine123 wrote:no sysex support is totally dumb
What is even more dumb, imo, is that you cannot purchase a single instrument. D-50 is the only one I have any interest in. The other ones already have clones that sounds and feels (looks) pretty much the same. With a few exceptions of course. Meaning, the D-50 is the one, of the ones that have been released, that people have been waiting for.

Edit: And of course, because of the lack of sysex import, there is not much making the Roland plugins stand out.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

yes. I bought only sound canvas and it is awesome!
why not put out the d50 as a single plugin. lets attack their Facebook with comments.

maybe you can hack the bin?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes, I would purchase it but I'm not going to rent it :roll:

I just posted this at the Roland Cloud Facebook page which more or less sums up my current thoughts:
I really love the new D-50 plugin so far (both sound and feature wise) but i currently have two major feature requests where i know the second one might not happen. One is to have Sysex import of D-50 hardware banks and another would be to have a separate purchase of the D-50 plugin sometimes in the future as this is the one from Roland Cloud that i am mostly interested in at the moment. Of course i could choose to use the loyalty program but a 12 months subscription to get a single plugin would be quite expensive.even if currently the subscription has a reduced price during the Beta period. Of course i am aware that with the subscription i have the opportunity to also use all the other products available at Roland Cloud.
For the Sysex import i might also add a ticket at offical Roland Cloud support.
Ingo Weidner

I could again confirm that should be possible to purchase the "Ealy bird Beta subscription" here in Germany and the "trick" was to use "none" at the "state/province" field in the purchase form.

I just checked my current credit card balance and found that they charged 18.08 € which mostly corresponds to 19.95 $ (= Early bird beta subscription price) using the current USD/Euro conversion rate.
At the current price and conversion rate this would correspond to around 217 € for 12 months.
Ingo Weidner

Thanks Ingo! I'm thinking aboutsending them a private message, as I'm trying to end up as little as possible in various search engines.

Yeah, the $19.95 deal seems still valid, and I have been trying to convince myself signing up for a year. But almost $240 for a year, when I probably only will be using the D-50 is a bit hefty, especially since I will not own the plugin if I end my subscription. Too bad :(
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

thx ingo. I have only a d550, jd880 and a xv5010 as hardware. but i never invested enough time to use them with my daw. I just prefer Software but those sounds are so lovely..... so i hope the d50 is like the Hardware but $240?!?! to own it after a year? will u get a new dll? or what? geeez they really give warez new food... f**k!!!

Caine123 wrote:thx ingo. I have only a d550, jd880 and a xv5010 as hardware. but i never invested enough time to use them with my daw. I just prefer Software but those sounds are so lovely..... so i hope the d50 is like the Hardware but $240?!?! to own it after a year? will u get a new dll? or what? geeez they really give warez new food... f**k!!!
I have no idea how the "loyalty program" will work in detail and how the license will work then.

As the copy protection seems to be related to your account at Roland Cloud they might just add an "unlimited" status for a specfic plugin at your account.

FWIW at EBay i hust checked current second hand prices for a D-50 hardware and those seem to be increasing during the last months. Currently you have to pay at least 470 € while recently it was posible to buy one for below 400 €. The D-550 rack seems to be even more expensive with prices going up to more than 900 €.
Hardware prices do not seem to change much if a plugin is available as you could also see with the Jupiter-8 where multiple options are available now including different plugins. Same with the Minimoog Model D (where at the first look currently it is difficult to see if a Minimoog reissue is offered or a vintage one...).
Ingo Weidner

I believe this is due to the "collectors" phenomenon. These machines are collector items, so, their price reflects that.
Fernando (FMR)

Sorry for being offtopic but people here could know this information.

Does anyone know will they offer (since there's System 8 as a VST plugin) TR-8 software VST version? Any hint on that?

Return to “Instruments”