Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

Synthman2000 wrote:It might just tip the scales ?
I dont think FlowStone needs any pressure, I think they know very well that 64 bit is a must at some point, and I am confident that one day it will happen, its just a matter of time.

I have just finished writing the manual, I am waiting for some sounds + making my own, then I need to make the youtube promo video, after that I need to update my website, so I think in August it should be ready!
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

I dont think FlowStone needs any pressure, I think they know very well that 64 bit is a must at some point
Last time I checked (few years ago), VST support in FlowStone was rather abandonware than a "must". Anything changed since then?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I dont know where people get these rumors from lol. Vst support was always a part of FlowStone, they just concentrated on robotics for a while to expand their business.

The Flowstone Facebook group is a good place to get the freshest news about development. Last time I read that the devs were working on 64 bit among other things. It'll happen one day, but when is the question.

A 64 Bit version is very important. This Flowstone thingy seems to be a good idea for some rapid prototyping but if all is working as expected, it needs a "native" 64 Bit VST/AU version (maybe with some help of a framework like Juice).

4damind wrote:A 64 Bit version is very important. This Flowstone thingy seems to be a good idea for some rapid prototyping but if all is working as expected, it needs a "native" 64 Bit VST/AU version (maybe with some help of a framework like Juice).
I'm afraid porting Viper to a proper native code would require as much work as building from the ground up and most probably Adam would have to hire someone.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

4damind wrote:A 64 Bit version is very important. This Flowstone thingy seems to be a good idea for some rapid prototyping but if all is working as expected, it needs a "native" 64 Bit VST/AU version (maybe with some help of a framework like Juice).
+1

Prototyping in Reaktor/Flowstone, then building the release version in C++ is how it should be done for maximum commercial success. BUT in this case, where Adam is an artist, not a programmer or a developer, a 32-bit VST is more than welcome.

Hiring a developer for doing this is possible, but the level of complexity of the synth would make it a 15k + job. The sound wouldn't even be exactly the same (it would be close though).

SampleScience wrote:The sound wouldn't even be exactly the same (it would be close though).
Why not? I don't think it makes a difference, if the algorithms stay the same.

chk071 wrote:
SampleScience wrote:The sound wouldn't even be exactly the same (it would be close though).
Why not? I don't think it makes a difference, if the algorithms stay the same.
Because the programmers that offer this type of service use their own code for oscillators, adsr, effects, etc. So it won't be exactly the same code. If I remember well Flowstone uses Ruby for graphics and Assembler for the rest. Multi-platforms plugin development is done in C++.

Is it confirmed though that Viper doesn't make use of custom made modules? Also, it would surprise me if programmers which port the code to 64-bit would implement their own code for the sound creating stuff. That would be pretty stupid, when you port a synth which is supposed to sound a certain way.

Everyting you guys are saying is all good, but the problem here is that everything is written in assembly. Its not a "neat" code where a programmer looks at it and already know what it does. I would have to guide him step by step how the code works why and what it does. Only I know whats happening here, and it would take so much effort explaining the code, that I could might as well do it myself. But since I dont know C++, and dont know when I will have time to learn + I dont have 15000 dollars to hire a programmer, plus I dont want to show my 5 years of hard work to someone else, FlowStone is the only option for me at the moment.

You are not accountable to anyone. When Viper is done, it's done. I'm very curious about it. All the best.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

If You know how to write assembly, You will learn C/C++ without much problems. Other way around is usually harder.
Good C compilers make code almost as fast as pure asssembler, there are also options to put assembly code inline in C code.
Start by porting small modules into C and You might have it faster than You think.

You can use your Assembly inside C/C++ this not a big problem and often used for code optimization for small blocks. For the complete plugin framework you can use Juice, it's used by many other plugins and makes it easy to have it running as VST and AU without building all from scratch.
If you know what you are doing and have the knowledge of the DSP algorithms I don't see there a big problem.

Using Flowstone could be the show stopper for many people using this plugin. It's the same with Synthedit/Synthmaker etc. So this is something I would not remove from the "must have" list.

Return to “Instruments”