TDR Limiter 6 GE - Released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Limiter 6 GE

re23071998 wrote:the only thing I don't like with TDR is the CPU usage
:tu:

The saying is that high quality requires higher CPU... they are indeed high quality but I also feel that the CPU is always a bit 'extra' higher with TDR plugs... hopefully it'll change a bit in the future! :)

Great news ! Should we expect a re-vamped Molot as well ?? I think so... :o
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

3ee wrote:
:tu:

The saying is that high quality requires higher CPU... they are indeed high quality but I also feel that the CPU is always a bit 'extra' higher with TDR plugs... hopefully it'll change a bit in the future! :)
We're of course aware of the CPU demands. Our initial and primary context is the master bus, which in turn established the habit to use very precise algorithms by default.

Just to get a feel, even our product's ECO modes use active anti-aliasing (in the form of internal resampling). Do not hesitate to use this mode, it's still very good by typical VST standards.

We're also slowly taking new contexts into consideration, though. Mixing, post production, live and so on. Limiter 6 will offer a low latency mode, which we'll roll out across our whole product range.

According to our changelogs, we definitely optimize a lot. ;) However, if we want a much better performance, we'd also have to weight our concepts much differently (and cut several corners).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

CPU usage is no real concern with TDR plugins. I have a humble old PC and use SlickEQ GE on every track, Kotelnikov GE and SlickEQ M on the master and there's still tons of headroom for all the other plugins I use at the mixing stage.

Please keep on prioritizing quality over processor use. Also, looking very much forward to Limiter6 GE, Limiter6 is the only other final plugin I keep besides Elephant, the GE version will most likely take Elephant place.

For a moment I saw :

"TDR Limiter 6 GE Sneak Peak"

Maybe a good name for the new limiter :wink: :clown:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Agreed.
So I'll probably stick with the Vladg version...
Never know though

I also take in big consideration CPU usage, but not as much when we're talking about master bus plugins. Very different thing with plugins to use on single tracks because in that case it adds up quick.

Wait what, there was a Limiter version 1 ?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Wait what, there was a Limiter version 1 ?
No.

They skipped that.

They developed an AI elgo which calculated that they should choose an even number, starting with "4".

So you only missed Limiter No' 4.

:D

(j/k)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

.jon wrote:CPU usage is no real concern with TDR plugins. I have a humble old PC and use SlickEQ GE on every track, Kotelnikov GE and SlickEQ M on the master and there's still tons of headroom for all the other plugins I use at the mixing stage.

Please keep on prioritizing quality over processor use. Also, looking very much forward to Limiter6 GE, Limiter6 is the only other final plugin I keep besides Elephant, the GE version will most likely take Elephant place.
This post makes no sense, what is your idea of an old PC ? how many tracks do you run in a project ?
Without this kind of info you may have just posted fwibble fwibble fwip fwap.
I see no problem in higher quality plugins being a bit more CPU intensive in todays world with the current speed of computers, but posts like that, nonsense.
Duh

How was that more "fwibble fwip" than even more vague concerns about CPU usage? Did they post more info :lol:

FWIW I'm on an I5-2500K @ 3.3GHz, largest projects mixed with TDR plugins have been around 50 tracks. 256 samples latency. No issues whatsoever. CPU is a concern for me at songmaking/production/composing stage as I use softsynths, but not when mixing the bounced tracks down.

Was this useful to you? Was your post useful?

.jon wrote:How was that more "fwibble fwip" than even more vague concerns about CPU usage? Did they post more info :lol:

FWIW I'm on an I5-2500K @ 3.3GHz, largest projects mixed with TDR plugins have been around 50 tracks. 256 samples latency. No issues whatsoever. CPU is a concern for me at songmaking/production/composing stage as I use softsynths, but not when mixing the bounced tracks down.

Goddamnit KVR, you actually tricked me into discussing project track counts and CPU usage of a mastering limiter. :help:

TDR is worth the monies...

.jon wrote:How was that more "fwibble fwip" than even more vague concerns about CPU usage? Did they post more info :lol:

Yes that was more useful, obviously, and obviously my post was useful because it made you post relevant info instead of vague references to projects and old PCs
For the record i would say your PC is average user and not old at all ;)
Duh

Return to “Effects”