Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

Andy I'm having problems installing the latest build, the installer .pkg seems to verify forever.

Thanks for the preset patches Andy, much appreciated :)

andy-cytomic wrote:https://cytomic.com/files/scream-beta-patches-1.zip
--
Stock - Grid Slammer.tsp
Stock - SD-1.tsp
Stock - TS808.tsp
Stock - TS9 Hot.tsp
Stock - TS9 Plus.tsp
Stock - TS9 Turbo.tsp
Stock - TS9.tsp
Bent - Resonizer.tsp
Thanks I can't wait to try these out. This really increases the value of the plugin and moves it beyond simple TS vsts. I can't wait for the official release.

Lucastyle wrote:Andy I'm having problems installing the latest build, the installer .pkg seems to verify forever.
It sounds like it may be something specific to your system. Please try rebooting, and delete the .dmg and grab a clean copy from the web page, hopefully that should do it. I have double checked the 1.0.7 10.8 and 10.6 .dmg and it's all working great here on OS 10.11.6. If you have any trouble please email support@cytomic.com with full details, and also post back here to say either way if it's working for you.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Chandlerhimself wrote: Thanks I can't wait to try these out. This really increases the value of the plugin and moves it beyond simple TS vsts. I can't wait for the official release.
Thanks! Next up to is add a few more things, like component manufacturing randomisation in mono and stereo, and mod morphing so you can smooth transition between an Mesa Grid Slammer and a TS808 - not sure how well that will work but because I'm solving things in full it is possible to change very parameter smoothly per sample without increasing the cpu too much, so I may as well work that angle and see where it goes :tu:

I tried The Scream on bass today and it works really great, too. I split the signal at 450 Hz, only apply The Scream on the upper frequencies, then bring both signals together again and feed that into the amp simulation. Works really well to add some grit while preserving the full, round low end of the bass.

andy-cytomic wrote:
Lucastyle wrote:Andy I'm having problems installing the latest build, the installer .pkg seems to verify forever.
It sounds like it may be something specific to your system. Please try rebooting, and delete the .dmg and grab a clean copy from the web page, hopefully that should do it. I have double checked the 1.0.7 10.8 and 10.6 .dmg and it's all working great here on OS 10.11.6. If you have any trouble please email support@cytomic.com with full details, and also post back here to say either way if it's working for you.
Thanks Andy, yeah that made it work and it's all working excellent now, thank for the presets this is awesome

I'm a little bit confused with the user account. v1.0.7 is listed as "beta - not production stable".
Er... am I missing something?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:I'm a little bit confused with the user account. v1.0.7 is listed as "beta - not production stable".
They've all been betas so far. The disclaimer is there as a just in case.

okay
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:I'm a little bit confused with the user account. v1.0.7 is listed as "beta - not production stable".
Until I've finished presets and manual and got minimum functionality I consider reasonable for a final release it will be termed a beta. It's been stable enough in terms of load presets and processing audio since the very first beta, but that's not good enough for me to take it out of being called a beta.

Understandable - was just thrown off.

Cool, so i experimented with using the clean bypass path as a feedback loop, and sure enough it can do those noisy synth sounds. The sounds seems to cut off or "reboot" sometimes though, Not sure if the analog version would do the same.

> Presets here !
Op-Amp Big Muff style clipper
Feedbacker
British Drive

Great little plug in. Instant buy.
Thank you Andy for your meticulous work. :)

Are there any plans for future versions to make the little black arrows in the mod menue will work to switch trough the different prarameters? That would be really handy. And for the manual, could you please explain in 2-3 words what all different parameters (or parameter groups) are doing and how they possibly change the sound (warmer, darker, thinner...)?

And it would be great for users to have a chance to upload user presets (preset banks) for the scream and the drop on the cytomic homepage. Like for example on the u-he homepage. I think for the scream with all its parameters there will be plenty interesting experimental user banks. And with your preset management (bass - ,drums - , synth - , ...) one could easily create a lot of useful 'preset-folders' for all different tasks.
:tu:

Joe Leidigkeit wrote:Great little plug in. Instant buy.
Thank you Andy for your meticulous work. :)

Are there any plans for future versions to make the little black arrows in the mod menue will work to switch trough the different prarameters? That would be really handy. And for the manual, could you please explain in 2-3 words what all different parameters (or parameter groups) are doing and how they possibly change the sound (warmer, darker, thinner...)?

And it would be great for users to have a chance to upload user presets (preset banks) for the scream and the drop on the cytomic homepage. Like for example on the u-he homepage. I think for the scream with all its parameters there will be plenty interesting experimental user banks. And with your preset management (bass - ,drums - , synth - , ...) one could easily create a lot of useful 'preset-folders' for all different tasks.
:tu:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the feedback!

Although the little arrows aren't mouse clickable, as soon as you have a yellow highlight bar you can use the up / down arrows on your keyboard to change the setting, and tab / shift-tab to move forwards can backwards between combo boxes (like a normal app!).

Some sort of preset manager with the ability to share the preset directly from the plugin is a great idea, but it will take a little time to implement so it will take a back seat until other plugin features are finished. I'll have a think about how to best allow people to share presets before any built in support.

Unfortunately there are no easy rules for what each of the components do, you have to know electronics. I did add HP and LP labels to the two most obvious capacitors to mod in the easy section, but that's about all I can do. For a detailed analysis of the circuit you can read up here: http://www.electrosmash.com/tube-screamer-analysis

Return to “Effects”