Sagarmatha (ElectroProg - Seismic Sightseeing)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had been having problems with the ending of a track I had been working on for a couple of weeks, so I decided to leave it alone for a while and have a play with some Reaktor presets. This happened very quickly.

Cinematic/Synthetic/Not quite Ambient

EDIT:20221231 mp3 link removed

truly in the clouds:-

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/sagarmatha

Recorded/Mixed in EnergyXT2.7
Mastered in T-Racks CS

components and contraptions:-

Reaktor
B2
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer

DR - 11

The other track is still unfinished

Pass the oxygen

Edit:20230823 - I remixed the track, making some EQ changes via EQuivocate, and mastered in T-Racks 5 ready for a future album release.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/saga ... ks5-master

Recorded and mixed in EnergyXT 2.7
Mastered in T-Racks 5

Reaktor
B2
EQuivocate
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer

DR - 11

The other track was eventually completed.
Last edited by seismic1 on Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Interesting, beautiful, erie and frightening. Yes, it feels cinematic and is pretty minimal.

One way of ending it would be to repeat the first part but in reverse so it recedes back to silence.

:tu:

The chords swell and swirl in a soothing way. Perhaps with some help from B2?

The piece is quite minimal but the excellent sound design and mix make for engaging late night listening. Good stuff. :tu:

Lovely peaceful track Tim. And those pads are so beautiful! The second section is very dramatic in a chilled way ;)
This is great for a wind-down from a busy day after dinner.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

fastlanephil wrote:Interesting, beautiful, erie and frightening. Yes, it feels cinematic and is pretty minimal.

One way of ending it would be to repeat the first part but in reverse so it recedes back to silence.

:tu:
Thanks very much for the great comments, Phil. Glad you liked it :)

My comment about the problem I had ending a track referred to another piece that I was working on. I have decided to revisit that in a couple of weeks with fresh ears, and possibly, fresh ideas.

Frantz wrote:The chords swell and swirl in a soothing way. Perhaps with some help from B2?
Undoubtedly B2 is contributing to the atmosphere on here, particularly when the alternating semitones are smeared into each other to produce the wind-line effect between 1:30 and 2:30
Frantz wrote: The piece is quite minimal but the excellent sound design and mix make for engaging late night listening. Good stuff. :tu:
I didn't do much in the way of sound design, other than identify a couple of Reaktor ensemble presets which sounded good together.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, Frantz. Glad you liked it :)

Allomerus wrote:Lovely peaceful track Tim. And those pads are so beautiful! The second section is very dramatic in a chilled way ;)
This is great for a wind-down from a busy day after dinner.
Well done!
:)
This all came together very quickly (relative to my usual glacial progress), and most of it was written after dinner (or more accurately, between dinner and breakfast) :wink:

I really should spend more time with Reaktor.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, John. Glad you liked it :)

The "opening up" at around 1:25 is beautiful. The swelling pads give it a sense of drama, especially with the pauses in between chords at the very end.

very, very nice lead sound @00:24, Tim. well crafted if you designed it yourself or a great find, if not :hihi:
nice flowing melody and chord progressions. big, spacious mix. enjoyed much on a chill friday :phones: :tu:

it reminds me of one of my all time favorite tunes off the 1980's Audion best of both worlds CD
"Sunbound" by Kevin Braheny:
https://app.box.com/s/o5q4auilq0srv31dbfu94ehdhtg6fr3s

{edit}
just read frantz's comment above about the sound design.
great finds and sound layering! :wink:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

nineofkings wrote:The "opening up" at around 1:25 is beautiful. The swelling pads give it a sense of drama, especially with the pauses in between chords at the very end.
Thanks very much for the listen and comments, 9k. Glad you liked it :)

Having such great factory patches available made the job of composition so much easier. I've been scratching the surface of Reaktor recently. It's a fascinating and extremely powerful piece of software.

layzer wrote:very, very nice lead sound @00:24, Tim. well crafted if you designed it yourself or a great find, if not :hihi:
nice flowing melody and chord progressions. big, spacious mix. enjoyed much on a chill friday :phones: :tu:
The sounds on here are all Reaktor5 presets. 3 instances in total. When I heard the presets, the track just wrote itself.
layzer wrote: it reminds me of one of my all time favorite tunes off the 1980's Audion best of both worlds CD
"Sunbound" by Kevin Braheny:
I hadn't heard this track before, but I know some of the others (Wendy Carlos, Ant Phillips, Larry Fast). I liked that Kevin Braheny track. I can definitely hear some similarities
layzer wrote: {edit}
just read frantz's comment above about the sound design.
great finds and sound layering! :wink:
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Layzer. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Hi Tim, been a while :)

great track, 1:25 is when I'm really in tune with it :) The sounds are perfectly balanced for me, without being too loud and keeping it soft at the same time. I would say this is soundtrack material, will work well in a sci fi movie as well :wink:

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul

cool to see our forum Seismic has his very own plugin! YAY!

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/seismic-by-syntonica

only for mac......booooooooooooooooo! :x

seismic1 wrote:I hadn't heard this track before
of course you had'nt heard it,
its pretty obscure, not even on youtube
thus the upload to box :scared:

but as i said, i think its great. :clap:

thedeadsoul wrote:Hi Tim, been a while :)

great track, 1:25 is when I'm really in tune with it :) The sounds are perfectly balanced for me, without being too loud and keeping it soft at the same time. I would say this is soundtrack material, will work well in a sci fi movie as well :wink:

Best,
Adi/Thedeadsoul
Good to see you back in the Cafe, Adi. Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments. Glad you liked it :)

I'll try to listen to NT at the weekend

Return to “Music Cafe”