Usine Hollyhock 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:clap: :clap: :clap: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks great fantastic!!!

Too bad only as standalone and not a VST.

And Reaktor a VST but will not host VST's.

The end of the world is near. :scared:

Kalamata Kid wrote:Looks great fantastic!!!

The end of the worlds is near.
Yep. The first serious modular framework that does both in a reasonably reliable way will have my money. It seems to be that you get one or the other. Max can't run as a plugin either outside of Live.

I don't even want it to scan/search for plugins. Just being able to browse for a particular DLL will work fine.

ghettosynth wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:Looks great fantastic!!!

The end of the worlds is near.
Yep. The first serious modular framework that does both in a reasonably reliable way will have my money. It seems to be that you get one or the other. Max can't run as a plugin either outside of Live.

I don't even want it to scan/search for plugins. Just being able to browse for a particular DLL will work fine.
Of the two my first choice would be Hollyhock 3 because the addons are multi-touch friendly. And then HH3 could still host Reaktor as a VST.

Multitouch is nice, but, IMO, the license terms are somewhat unfriendly. My limited experience with Usine does not inspire confidence in terms of reliability and the time based updates essentially makes it a subscription model. I much prefer Reaper/Mulab style where you are paying for all updates to a particular version. IIRC, Usine updates are on the glacial plan so I'm not thrilled about paying every year.

That type of license seems more appropriate for b2b type software.

Oh well, I'm switching into negative nellie mode, so I'm going to go make some dinner instead.

Usine rules!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”