Fragile Gods - "Doppelganger"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've fiddled around with this track long enough that I've run out of things to fiddle with. I have no choice but to unleash it on you, the cognoscenti of the Cafe.

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/doppelganger

Fragile Gods "Doppelganger"

Virtual Studio Technology (VSTs): Monark, Icarus, BFD3, M-Tron Pro, Arturia SEM, Diva

The lyrics are on Soundcloud. Any feedback is appreciated.

Fragile Gods? Very cool name :tu:

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

The sound of the mighty SEM really compliments your style. It was also a nice touch with the distorsion/saturation on the vocals.

When it comes to song writing and arrangement I'd wish I was your doppelganger :hihi:

Cheers :tu:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

unmistakably FG 8) ..... to be continued.......
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I thought of the Devine electronic dance videos of the 80's. Devine was a doppelganger unto him/her self. Or could this be David Bowie's evil twin. !!!!!

This is very cool. Love the beat/bass. It sounds like something quirky yet a bit sinister.
Vocal effects are great. Fastlanephil hit on it with the Bowie's evil twin comparison.
The Arturia SEM is a great sounding synth. I got the iPad version and it's sounds so good.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

infectious vibe. been humming it all day :P
solid track, in its composition and production. liked the EPIANO sound.
another fine FG track. "who is the hunter, who is the pray...DG stay away"
good stuff. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

DrGonzo wrote:Fragile Gods? Very cool name :tu:
Thank you. I also like your moniker Plug Hugger. It's not easy finding a name that hasn't already been used on the interwebs. :)

sbj wrote:The sound of the mighty SEM really compliments your style. It was also a nice touch with the distorsion/saturation on the vocals.

When it comes to song writing and arrangement I'd wish I was your doppelganger :hihi:
Thanks for your encouraging feedback. :)

Note the SEM was a minor player on this track only doing some rhythmic beeping from 3:10-3:33. All leads were Icarus. Monark was used for bass. The pads were a mixture of Icarus, M-Tron Pro, and Diva.

Frantz wrote:Note the SEM was a minor player on this track only doing some rhythmic beeping from 3:10-3:33. All leads were Icarus. Monark was used for bass.
My bad :clown:

Sooo...What I meant was that the SEM like (at least to my ears) main synth really compliments your style.

Cheers
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

sbj wrote: Sooo...What I meant was that the SEM like (at least to my ears) main synth really compliments your style.
I think you are taking about this synth which kicks at 0:28. I confirmed it's a custom Icarus patch. Here it is in isolation. You can't hear it well in the mix.

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/dopp ... th/s-3Sa6R

Thanks for noticing. I should probably reuse it in the future. :)

Good track as expected and a nice mix with a "warm" sound.
Has some 80th vibe or something I would see in this area. Maybe a bit inspired by Camouflage or some similar artists.

fastlanephil wrote:I thought of the Devine electronic dance videos of the 80's. Devine was a doppelganger unto him/her self. Or could this be David Bowie's evil twin. !!!!!
David Bowie's evil twin -- that's a good one!

I will try to forget about the Divine comparison. Yikes! :-o

Thanks for commenting. :)

Great sound design, as usual. The arpeggio in the background (that comes out at the end) adds some nice lift and atmosphere. The vocoder intro really catches your attention. The vocal distortion is pretty brutal. My critique would be that some of the instruments sound like they're not really in the same space or in any space, especially with the mix of acoustic drums in an otherwise synthetic arrangement. Maybe a subtle reverb buss for a few of the tracks would blend them together a bit more.

I love the intro, The arp combined with that filtered vocoder intro is great. I've played this a few times during the last week. I remember that I wasn't crazy about the bassline when I first heard it, but I was listening at quite a low volume, and there were all sorts of distractions. Tonight I have the house to myself and am taking advantage of the fact, and the bassline sounds much more solid. That kick/snare combo is a great fit for the music. The backing pads add the "eerie" factor in the right amounts, and the vocoded and straight vocals work for me. The track was well-paced and, I think, just the correct length. A polished piece of music.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”