I need a new modular host plugin...details inside

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:Thanks for your feedback. I started a thread about Waves in MUX and Jo didn't seem to think that it was an important issue. It just doesn't work for me. Did it load the Waves Shell? Or, did you use one of the shell->vst converters?
I must admit... haven't checked if it's working with the shell>vst converter in quite a while. In fact, every time I use MUX I do not use Waves plugins. Just to be sure, I tried the "shell" - and it resulted in an error ("invalid effect"). Need to try with the converter again.

Is there a new version of the converter? I only got an old one from like... 5 years back or so?

ghettosynth wrote:Not being able to have 0ms feedback settings isn't a dealbreaker. I mostly want that feature for delay based special effects in the first place.
For this it's great and does what it should. Although with a bit wrapping your head around it first.

ghettosynth wrote:In fact, not having the special U/I elements is also not a dealbreaker. If MUX loaded Waves plugins and I can use feedback, I'd just standardize on it.
I really need to check with the shell extractor. The shell version does definitely not work.

EDIT:
Tried shell2vst just now with the Waves Plugins I have. RenBass, MultiTap, InPhase, etc... all work. Mono versions might be a bit tricky as the cable management in MUX is "stereo" (unless you use the stereo split/combine module)... but it worked
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
svrc wrote:VSTForx?
+ Eleventy twelve

:tu:
This looked familiar, as if it was something that I had purchased and forgotten about. I searched my email and, lo and behold, I had setup an account to register the demo, it seems. This was back in 2013 and since there is no receipt, I'm assuming that I didn't purchase it. This must mean that it was unstable at the time because the price is so low that I can't believe that I would have said no otherwise.

For a single sample feedback between effects try audiomulch. I think that's how it works at least, never tested it thoroughly

camsr wrote:For a single sample feedback between effects try audiomulch. I think that's how it works at least, never tested it thoroughly
AFAIK, it doesn't run as a plugin. Max will do single sample feedback between effects if I don't need it to run as a plugin.

Did you try the shell2vst solution, ghettosynth?
Quick Google-fu let's you find a version real quick.

Saw your old thread (Nov last year) in the MuTools thread as well - in fact, the extractor was mentioned there on page 1 already.

Oh, maybe important to know... I recently updated my GPU drivers, so I had to update from 7.4.6 top 7.4.11 (read: most recent stable). And the Waves plugins I mentioned in my last post all work
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Did you try the shell2vst solution, ghettosynth?
Quick Google-fu let's you find a version real quick.

Saw your old thread (Nov last year) in the MuTools thread as well - in fact, the extractor was mentioned there on page 1 already.

Oh, maybe important to know... I recently updated my GPU drivers, so I had to update from 7.4.6 top 7.4.11 (read: most recent stable). And the Waves plugins I mentioned in my last post all work
I tried the extractor back then and it didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try it again and setup a directory just for MUX and see how that goes.

I selected the plugins individually. Maybe you just need to evade the "shell" plugin

Let me know how this goes - and most important, let Jo (MuTools) know how this goes. :tu:

Max (cycling74) should be consider here.
I think it could be an amazing beast. It's quite new and I haven't dig into it but all vst parameters are saved into snapshot like it is with Reaktor. But in Max, you can used vsts. And all vst parameters change are saved into snapshot.

marmess wrote:Max (cycling74) should be consider here.
I think it could be an amazing beast. It's quite new and I haven't dig into it but all vst parameters are saved into snapshot like it is with Reaktor. But in Max, you can used vsts. And all vst parameters change are saved into snapshot.
Thanks for the input. I have been a Max user for a number of years and it would be ideal IF it were able to load as a plugin. It doesn't do that. It did at one point with "pluggo", but no longer. The closest it gets to being a plugin today is inside of live.

I'd like to see them bring that feature back and would upgrade in a second if they did.

I have Bidule and I like it. I love virtual cables because of the flexibility they offer and I can instantly see the routing.

Both Mux and VSTFox look interesting. I tried Mux several years back but cannot recall why I lost interest in it. Perhaps Bidule did it all so why have duplicate plugins. Or it may have been a missing feature or workflow issue.

As for VSTforx again I cannot recall I lost interest in this plugin. For 15 euros it should have maintained my attention. An earlier version may have been a missing feature or may have had a workflow issue.

But now I can see that both are contenders to replace Bidule. All must be able to host Waves or no deal.

I wish that all DAW’s have a Patcher as in FL Studio or Multi Instruments as IN Studio One.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Had a play with VSTFox and couldn't get it to load any wave plugins/shells, is it supposed to?

Clearscreen wrote:Maybe get Usine HH, but take advantage of the previous version 5's ability to run as a vst? A deep program, but ticks the boxes...
Otherwise, maybe plague biduke, but the interface building isn't too great.
A compromise that would make me happy is to make a wrapper so Hollyhock addons can run as VST's. Or how about a wrapper for Reaktor blocks to run as VST's! :pray: :o :lol:

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Clearscreen wrote:Maybe get Usine HH, but take advantage of the previous version 5's ability to run as a vst? A deep program, but ticks the boxes...
A compromise that would make me happy is to make a wrapper so Hollyhock addons can run as VST's. Or how about a wrapper for Reaktor blocks to run as VST's! :pray: :o :lol:
Reaktor Blocks are just Reaktor instruments. While that would be cool, I doubt that it will happen and it's very different from what I'm talking about. You can already run reaktor instruments as a plugin, just load reaktor and load your instrument (in an ensemble).

What Reaktor can't do is load plugins itself. I expect that for it to do this that they'd have to be loaded at the instrument layer so that they could only be used in a monophonic (as opposed to polyphonic) sense inside of Reaktor.

ghettosynth wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Reaktor Blocks are just Reaktor instruments. While that would be cool, I doubt that it will happen and it's very different from what I'm talking about. You can already run reaktor instruments as a plugin, just load reaktor and load your instrument (in an ensemble).

What Reaktor can't do is load plugins itself. I expect that for it to do this that they'd have to be loaded at the instrument layer so that they could only be used in a monophonic (as opposed to polyphonic) sense inside of Reaktor.
Thinking that a wrapper may have less overhead than running several instances of Reaktor. I offered this as a compromise one that I can almost live with but not necessarily for another person support this compromise.

But I would be happy if the Hollyhock addons would have a wrapper that would allow them to run as VST's. Run as multitouch VST's that is.

ghettosynth,

Did you again check out VSTforx?
https://www.vstforx.de/index.php/produc ... ls/vstforx
Has further development stopped? The site is made in 2013.
Would like to get your comments on VSTforx.

Edit: looks like the last update was in January 2017!
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”