Komplete 11 Select Problem

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Always had problems in the past with NI...back when I had the K6 bundle and stayed away from NI...until I decided to give NI another go and tried the Kontakt 5 Player when it came out,but had issues with it and an NI customer service agent said they don't provide support for free products,so I never planned on revisiting NI.
Thing is though,no other sample player ever measured up to Kontakt,so I decided to give the free Kontakt Player 5 another shot,a couple of weeks ago.
After downloading it and installing it(using the default location settings)...for some reason...that time around,everything went smooth as silk & I was good to go.
That said,I was inspired to get Komplete 11 Select.Using the same installation process(using the default settings)..I downloaded and installed everything,just a few minutes ago and launched my Mixcraft 8 DAW and Kontakt did not appear.
My first thought,was that I needed to run Kontakt in stand-alone mode and I did that...after which,I restarted my computer(I'm using Windows 10)...but again,it was a no show in my Mixcraft DAW,nor did it show up in my Presonus S1 3...or my Reason 9.5 either....how can this be??
In the past,I've tried to trouble-shoot this very same problem and when I started tinkering around,I corrupted everything beyond repair.
Troubleshooting installation issues has never been a specialty of mine(& in fact,far from it)....but with just about everything else I had ever bought & installed...things went fine and now I am in the shit again(despite the fact I had successfully installed Kontakt 5 Player with no issues whatsoever,just a couple of weeks ago.)
As a precaution and a fail-safe plan...I bought this software from Sweetwater(due to their product support via their SweetCare remote access)...so I should have this all sorted out on Monday...but I am curious if anyone else had run into a similar situation?
Recently...I read a YouTuber's complaint about installation issues(due to him initially using customized location settings and then using default settings during an upgrade process...which makes perfect sense)..but for the life of me,I can't imagine why I am having a problem(especially when NI's Native Access program,has made everything so much easier.)

Have u set the right folder for the vst in your daw prefs. Then it should show up

I think this is more a problem with Mixcraft than Kontakt.
With that said, I've never had a problem installing any of their stuff. You just have to be aware of where you're installing everything and all should run smooth.
I'd suggest trying a different DAW to see if Kontakt shows up and then you'll have a better idea if the issue is Kontakt or Mixcraft.

boombaxx wrote:Have u set the right folder for the vst in your daw prefs. Then it should show up
Not really sure why I would have to do that(since my DAW's automatically scanned for Kontakt 5 Player a couple of weeks ago)...but I'll look into that.

Thanks

Russell Grand wrote:I think this is more a problem with Mixcraft than Kontakt.
With that said, I've never had a problem installing any of their stuff. You just have to be aware of where you're installing everything and all should run smooth.
I'd suggest trying a different DAW to see if Kontakt shows up and then you'll have a better idea if the issue is Kontakt or Mixcraft.
Thanks for responding...but could you please read through an entire post next time,before you give your input?
As I had said in my initial post,Kontakt did not appear in my Reason 9.5,nor my Presonus S1 DAW either.

boombaxx wrote:Have u set the right folder for the vst in your daw prefs. Then it should show up
Well....got Kontakt 5 to show up in Mixcraft,but only about 60% of my bundled VST's appear in the library section of Kontakt(mostly the synths are missing...such as Reaktor 5 & 6,Prism,Massive and all of the effects.)
When I try to add a new library,Native Access opens up and asks me for my serial number.This is a terrible mess...I'm going to have to wait until Monday,to get this all sorted out.

AlesisVi61 wrote:Well....got Kontakt 5 to show up in Mixcraft,but only about 60% of my bundled VST's appear in the library section of Kontakt (mostly the synths are missing...such as Reaktor 5 & 6,Prism,Massive and all of the effects.)
none of these have anything to do with Kontakt (guessing you meant "Komplete Select" here?). how did you get Kontakt 5 to show?

I'm not a NI expert, but based on my experiences so far,
I'll bet you'll wind up using NI official uninstallers to get rid
of all your previous installs, and then go on extended safari in the registry,
to hunt down all the stragglers...and after all that, a new install should
work, assuming you are a member of the elite/lucky 91% .

That Komplete Select is a pretty good bundle, especially
for those who don't own any of the pieces already.
I'm thinking about getting it for my wife.
Good luck!
Cheers

jbuonacc wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:Well....got Kontakt 5 to show up in Mixcraft,but only about 60% of my bundled VST's appear in the library section of Kontakt (mostly the synths are missing...such as Reaktor 5 & 6,Prism,Massive and all of the effects.)
none of these have anything to do with Kontakt (guessing you meant "Komplete Select" here?). how did you get Kontakt 5 to show?
Excuse my ignorance...as I have not used an NI bundle since version K6.In the case of UVI,everything is housed in the UVI workstation,so that was my mode of thinking.
I found all of the other synths...but what is really curious,is that Massive has no presets,but it works...whereas Prism does have presets,but there is no audio.
I need to dig through the manual and/or find some video tutorials...

glokraw wrote:I'm not a NI expert, but based on my experiences so far,
I'll bet you'll wind up using NI official uninstallers to get rid
of all your previous installs, and then go on extended safari in the registry,
to hunt down all the stragglers...and after all that, a new install should
work, assuming you are a member of the elite/lucky 91% .

That Komplete Select is a pretty good bundle, especially
for those who don't own any of the pieces already.
I'm thinking about getting it for my wife.
Good luck!
Cheers
Actually,I don't have my old Komplete 6 bundle,mucking up my installation(as that was from another computer,from many years prior.
I'm gradually sorting things out,but I still have to resolve the audio & preset issues I'm experiencing & then I should be go to go.

Thanks guys.

NI VST dlls install in a funny place by default pay attention to your settings in native select, and either change the setting to your traditional location or ensure this location is in your daw vst folder list,

The issue does not lie with NI

generaldiomedes wrote:NI VST dlls install in a funny place by default pay attention to your settings in native select, and either change the setting to your traditional location or ensure this location is in your daw vst folder list,

Yes...but my issue with NI,is that if you get stuck...NI does not provide adequate support(which is why I ordered K11 Select from Sweetwater,due to their more than adequate product support.)

Funny thing is,that when I installed Kontakt 5 Player a couple of weeks ago,nothing was installed in a funny place & it was effortless to set up.
Even more funny,is that installation becomes funny,when you have a paid version.I will say this though,overall,I had a much easier time(than from many years earlier)...thanks to Native Access.It's really hilarious though,that Massive's presets weren't loaded,but Reaktor's presets were.Even the tech guy at Sweetwater,had trouble locating and installing the presets for Massive.

I know I have more to learn,where software installation trouble-shooting is concerned...but I wish the NI's installation process was more intuitive and logical,like say,UVI's is.

AlesisVi61 wrote:
generaldiomedes wrote:NI VST dlls install in a funny place by default pay attention to your settings in native select, and either change the setting to your traditional location or ensure this location is in your daw vst folder list,

Yes...but my issue with NI,is that if you get stuck...NI does not provide adequate support(which is why I ordered K11 Select from Sweetwater,due to their more than adequate product support.)

Funny thing is,that when I installed Kontakt 5 Player a couple of weeks ago,nothing was installed in a funny place & it was effortless to set up.
Even more funny,is that installation becomes funny,when you have a paid version.I will say this though,overall,I had a much easier time(than from many years earlier)...thanks to Native Access.It is really hilarious though,that Massive's presets weren't loaded,but Reaktor's presets were.Even the tech guy at Sweetwater,had trouble locating and installing the presets for Massive.

I know I have more to learn,where software installation trouble-shooting is concerned...but I wish the NI's installation process was more intuitive and logical,like say,UVI's is.

Return to “Instruments”