The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread (HaRd MoDe 2017)

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael L wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Interesting the things you find in the feedback thread. Makes me all the more impressed how you guys are doing in this challenge!
Keep up the good work :tu:
If you saw that Feedback I left a while back let me explain, because it was actually quite impressive. He sent me a PM because he had uncontrollable GAS for housewares (!) I thought it was a bit kinky and told him to visit the Home & Garden blog. But he felt more safe “coming out” here at KVR with his fetish. I was impressed! We have a very accepting community! Because I happened to have an old set of Moka stovetop coffee makers I bought in Italy, I sold them. He was as happy as if I gave him my Minimoog! So don’t take my Feedback the wrong way-- ghettosynth just happens to get a boner from vintage housewares. It may be tough in his 'hood being a Houseware Homie but it's great that he feels safe doing it here. And like Trump, his failure can be his success: I'll bet he makes a mean mocha! (And most important, housewares don't count in HaRd Mode!)
I don't suppose anyone can blame him for his H.A.S, but it's a bit strange that he would be so careless. Why wouldn't he just ask you to not bother leaving feedback? I guess, like you mentioned, he wanted to be 'outed' :shrug:

I don't like to see someone suffering. Hopefully he feels some relief now that the truth has come to light :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:In other news: We have passed the half-way point :party: :party:
Not yet. End of this month. :D

Hope everybody is happy. Stay strong, never worry about the critics.

Me: ok, I just picked up an SSD, new monitors, nice new synthesizer that can double as a better controller than I had, and the Slate subscription. My setup is complete. I need nothing else.

Also me: kclip2 for $25? Don't mind if I do.

neverwhere2410 wrote:I need nothing else.
Also me: kclip2 for $25? Don't mind if I do.
And don't forget: the Summer sales are building, Omnisphere finally has a discount (EP only), AriesVerb is being developed again after being dormant for years, and via Facebook likes: Falcon 40% Off thru the 4th.... :P
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

As it's father's day, I was thinking that if I'll let someone else buy me some gear as a present (the Waves sale is still going on), would this count? :hihi:
No signature here!

I would say it won't count, as long as they buy you gear that you don't actually want, like a "World's Greatest Synth Programmer" barbecue apron.
One of these neckties would definitely count, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Dq-jRaNEg
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Waves SSL Channel-E for 29$ (21$ with discount on some places)!

:hihi:

:help: :cry:
No signature here!

Muied Lumens wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:In other news: We have passed the half-way point :party: :party:
Not yet. End of this month. :D
:oops:

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Where my monks at?
On my high horse, searching for the One True WildCard! :pray:
Michael L on his High Horse.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Having a bit of GAS today. Surprised me. I can't see how IKM Miroslav II will improve my existence, nor a Taylor Academy guitar for 'the beach.'

But nope. Not gonna do it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Michael L wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Where my monks at?
On my high horse, searching for the One True WildCard! :pray:
Michael L on his High Horse.png
:lol: :lol:

Bombadil wrote:Having a bit of GAS today. Surprised me. I can't see how IKM Miroslav II will improve my existence, nor a Taylor Academy guitar for 'the beach.'

But nope. Not gonna do it.
From what I gather, Miroslav 2 might not be improving anyone's existence :P And why you would need a better guitar than I have ever owned, in over 35 years of playing, just for the beach, is a clear sign of gas-induced perspective distortion.

Thank the gods for this thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC6OKIYXBxQ

lol re: Miro II.

I left one of my guitars in Ireland this last trip, so I wouldn't have to bother shipping it there again next year. So, I seem to be missing that 1 - of - 19 guitars so much, I want to buy a bottom-of-the-line Taylor. :nutter:

As for the Miri.... heat wave is affecting my brain, apparently. :wheee:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”