Waveshaper FX like in UVI Falcon?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I fell in love with the waveshaper from UVI Falcon and now I'm looking for a standalone VST FX waveshaper plugin. This thing is gorgeous, e.g. the transistor sat preset makes it so easy to fatten up anything from synths to drums to vocals..

I'm interested in both free and commercial plugins.

So far I tested MWaveShaper and WaveShaperCM, but both didn't really deliver.

Thanks for suggestions.

Hi,
I Don't know the UVI Waveshaper, but if you tried CM Waveshaper, I might suggest BCA Destructor ?, which features a similar waveshape editor and can shape your sound to your needs...

Trash 2 is still the king.

Lol - Trash 2 $33 at Izotope.

But when I want to check out it automatically adds Mobius Filter to my cart for another $16 and it can't be removed from the card. What a joke, seriously.

Did you try upping the oversampling in MWaveShaper, changes the sound quite drastically in most of the Melda plugins

It doesn't have the pre and post filters like UVI one which is probably also what youre hearing
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Did you try upping the oversampling in MWaveShaper, changes the sound quite drastically in most of the Melda plugins

It doesn't have the pre and post filters like UVI one which is probably also what youre hearing
Thanks for the hint, I'll check it out.

Just gave the demo of Trash 2 a 90 minute test run and side-by-side comparison with UVI Waveshaper and other plugins. The most important difference for me is, UVI hardly adds volume, while Trash adds a lot of volume.

I mean this can be a good or bad thing - in terms of "Trash Distort Mangle" it's probably good, in my case where I'm aiming for fatness with little distortion it's bad.

I wish the UVI Waveshaper would be available as standalone.

hollyWorse wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Did you try upping the oversampling in MWaveShaper, changes the sound quite drastically in most of the Melda plugins

Thanks for the hint, I'll check it out.

Just gave the demo of Trash 2 a 90 minute test run and side-by-side comparison with UVI Waveshaper and other plugins. The most important difference for me is, UVI hardly adds volume, while Trash adds a lot of volume.

I mean this can be a good or bad thing - in terms of "Trash Distort Mangle" it's probably good, in my case where I'm aiming for fatness with little distortion it's bad.

I wish the UVI Waveshaper would be available as standalone.
Can you not just turn the output gain? Don't get me wrong I like the Waveshaper in Falcon but for me Trash is on a different level, especially once you enable oversampling (in options menu) and start using it in multiband mode.

I didn't mean to say Trash is bad. Yeah, it's pretty fin great.

I wanted to say, it's a different thing, probably for a different purpose. Maybe, I don't know, I'm not a pro. To me it sounds totally different, and my main goal was to have a tool like in Falcon. The UVI thing is like "instant fat", almost no distortion, almost no gain change.

But as it looks there's no alternative anyway, all freeware waveshapers are crap, there aren't many commercial ones or they are more expensive than what I'm willing to pay for such a tool (up to $50 maybe?).

I don't know what you mean by the UVI not adding gain – the transistor-sat preset (tanh waveshaper) most definitely adds gain at default settings. It's a natural consequence of flat-top waveshaping – unless you are only looking at digital peaks.

Gamma-UT wrote:I don't know what you mean by the UVI not adding gain.
Hardly != not
Gain != Loudness

Return to “Effects”