All time favorite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the purposes of this thread (and to be different from some of those picked by previous posters), I will say:

Chromaphone (version 1)

1wob2many wrote:Blofeld? Good choice.
Blofeld.jpg
I take the software equivalent, Largo. :P At least it's always been the most fun to me, and i always come up with something useful, when i use it. Superb synth.

dune_rave wrote:I don't want to chose only one, for example fm8 is quite superb, but it's only fm, so I need other synth types too..
VELLISLAV wrote:If u have to pick up only one vst synth which never let u down,gives u instant inspiration and u can always find a place for it among other synths in a project, which one will be ...
:)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

MASSIVE
Ingonator wrote:As hardware is possible too i would say Waldorf Blofeld.
OP wrote "vst".

Chris-S wrote:
OP wrote "vst".
Maybe then you should read the OP properly:
VELLISLAV wrote:.If u have all time favorite synth vst or hardware please share u point.Thanks.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

if somebody say that u sister is a whore go to explain that u don't have a sister ...go fishing somewhere else anonymous troll...i am sick of such mf with no ideas and inspiration to anything but trolling ...

it seems so affordable and cool ...but i am totally addicted to vst synths,especially the newest makes things impossible for making with hardware and i guess software is d future :)

VELLISLAV wrote:
it seems so affordable and cool ...but i am totally addicted to vst synths,especially the newest makes things impossible for making with hardware and i guess software is d future :)
In software Largo would be closest to Blofeld of course but Largo misses the PPG filter, sample playback and custom wavetables...

Another all time favorite would be Korg Wavestation where i got both the hardware (EX keybnoard) and the plugin and both since a very long time.

Along plugins also Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V is a candidate for me which i made HUGE amount of my own patches besides being one of the original beta testers...

Another one very high in my personal ranking is Tone2 Icarus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i need a "minimal" setup using a notebook i also like using my Novation UltraNova which besides being a very nice synth could also act as an audio interface and a MIDI controller keyboard.
Normally i use a desktop PC with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP audio interface and a NI Komplete Kontrol S61 as a controller keyboard.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Piano

UVI Falcon + Vintage Vault

mcnoone wrote:Hive
right now I tend to agree but maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase :shrug: If not Hive I would go with minimonsta as I use that a lot. However I really like the arp and step seq in Hive so Hive is kinda winning now :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Z3ta+2
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

ZebraHZ, got it in literally every single project for one purpose or another.

None. And here are my reasons why.

Let's take my 5 favorite VSTs in no special order

Omnisphere
Dune 2
Synthmaster 2
Zebra 2
Falcon

I didn't use any of then to make this track.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... pon-a-time

Or this track

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... on-masters

Or this track

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... 0s-squared

There hasn't been a synth or anything designed that will be my go-to instrument for every little thing I do simply because I do way too many styles of music.

For the first track, I used EWQL orchestral stuff exclusively

For the second track I used virtual electric guitars, VB3 Organ, sampled drums and GeForce Mellotron

For the third track I used VProm and OP-X II, which isn't even one of my favorite synths but fit the track perfectly as there were sounds made specifically for the song.

So no, no synth is my go-to synth for everything and the day won't ever come when that's going to happen.

That much I can bet on.

+1

I didn't use any of them to make any of those tracks.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”